Carl-Richard

Post- Dunning-Kruger depression

32 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, flowboy said:

I don't recall any sort of depression from this

I did not mean depression in a clinical sense. That was just a funny way to put it. It's about the realization of one's relative incompetence and how it changes how you perceive yourself and the world.

1 hour ago, flowboy said:

sounds like an issue of taking the mind too seriously.

It's not like I'm pulling my hair out because of this. It was simply an interesting observation. It's possible to be highly meta-aware of your own mind while also noticing finer distinctions about the limitations of that mind.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@flowboy If you don't question yourself about a possible higher level or better approach you could have taken, you will hardly learn and grow yourself. You might further suffering out of self imposed positive ignorance.

Edited by Windappreciator

so many times, it's unbelievable. 

Then you get back down and feel at the bottom for a few days or weeks before being lifted up again through some experience like advising someone or whatever and then you get smacked back down again 

It's like that tradition in japan where you continuously hammer the rice cake, again and again and again, until it becomes the ultimate, sweetest and tastiest rice cake. 

11 minutes ago, Swarnim said:

Then you get back down and feel at the bottom for a few days or weeks before being lifted up again through some experience like advising someone or whatever and then you get smacked back down again 

I only get more aware of it when I'm writing something for example. It's like "welp, here comes Mr. Dunning-Kruger again with his tryhard word salad" ?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard Right now, the past few weeks have been really hard coming to terms with how delusional I can be at times and all the ways it manifests - how can the mind be sooo tricky?  I feel silly, that I was blind by such obvious things.  I can't even fully describe it, it feels like sloughing off a fog in an area of awareness where I felt so sure of things.  Ah well.... life goes on.  I get it.

72e338f831abe13aa13131f952f53ed0.jpg

@ll Ontology ll I was talking about your gain in the post dunning Krueger with respect to your own meta awareness ?

Have you contemplated that aside from people you could yourself choose to think outside your own box? Isn't that meta awareness?

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

We may as well add the model for those who are unfamiliar with it. 

This is such a brilliant depiction of ignorance stemming from lack of experience. You can just see this phenomenon on social media beautifully. 

curve.JPG

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 all of this is actually tied in with empathy.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Yeah a lot.

I call this I am above that/ over that bias XDXD

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Knowing that I am stupid is easy. Accepting it make me have some big confusion. That one night is the worst night that I ever experienced. Forced to accept my own stupidity. My "yes I know" attitude is no serving shit. 

Notice the "intellegence mask" would come again.. It wont stop easily. 

If you broke now. Rest your mind, get out from your phone. Notice your mind will clinging to something trying to avoid the work, accepting it :D