Focus Shift

Solutions to Fatigue?

23 posts in this topic

Hello there, hope all is well. I remember Leo mentioned in the blog a while back he had been suffering from chronic fatigue. In the past few months I myself have been feeling 20 - 30% less energy. In the morning, I'll wake up groggy, and coffee won't be as effective. I haven't been consuming as much nicotine either (usually snus). I work as a video editor and have been able to accomplish my client work consistently, but not as much energy as I need to run the youtube channel in addition. I eat pretty healthy for the most part (feta salads, home made wraps, etc.), exercise 2 to 3 times a week, and take lithium for medication. I've have gotten two blood tests to measure nutrients, and will be working with my doctor to solve this. In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone had any solutions to a similar problem? 

Connect with us here:

https://linktr.ee/focusshiftmedia

I’ve been dealing with

chronic fatigue my whole life, for me, it comes and goes. I tryed different diet but it does not seem to be related. The way I see it is trying to do the best no matter how I feel, when the chronic fatigue is there do my best, when it’s gone, be grateful for it and do my best. Also I want to mention that for me, the hardest was at the beginning, I started feeling chronic fatigue at 16 yo, the period of chronic fatigue was like month for 4-5month of « healthy energetic body » and like that for the first 3years. But since I’m 19 it is a lot easier it is more like 3month of chronic fatigue for 10 month of energetic body, and recently it seems that it is gone, I’ve no longer this issue. So I really do not know for my case what happens but there really is hope. Also I would check if it is not lithium that causes that. I do not know what is your mental health and the seriousness of what you could be suffering from but if I were you, I would never put such a chemical in my body.

It could be a lot of what you mentioned piled on top of each other. It's probably not just one thing causing it. . 

Edited by Flowerfaeiry

"You Create Magic" 

Is that the reason I ain't getting enough vids from you ?

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

There are 100s of possible causes for chronic fatigue. You would have to troubleshoot all of them until you found the one that fits your case.

Start by checking your thyroid TSH, free T4, and free T3, and vitamin D3, and doing an elimination diet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Focus Shift said:

@Preety_India That, and my next one is very long :) I've heard that  there's brain fog if you've had covid so I'll look into that as well. 

I'm sorry to hear about that.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I think I could have it all together and solve the problem in a complex

Transmute energy (expression) vs suppressing (lithium). Trace it back to the root belief / misunderstanding. Don’t rush the process, and don’t underestimate projection of discordance.  Look for your ‘that’s how reality is’ and or ‘that’s just how I am’ with more openmindedness (think: meta). 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 23/07/2021 at 10:33 PM, Focus Shift said:

and take lithium for medication.

It may very much be possible that this is a great contributor. Lithium has been shown to damage the pathways in the cell responsible for energy production. Not suggesting you take yourself off but maybe have a chat with the doc and see if your dose isn't too high? Not sure if you've ever tried finding a more holistic cure for the condition that Lithium is suppressing but might be worth having a chat with someone in your area :)

Good luck!

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Focus Shift There are endless causes of fatigue. But I will offer some suggestions that were a big help for me. Diet is very important. When I stopped eating meat and processed foods my energy levels increased a lot. Try adding a lot more raw vegetables and fruits to your diet. Getting off caffeine made a big difference too. Try increasing your cardio exercise. If you are interested in supplement's. Look into shilajit or fulvic acid. Very effective at raising energy with none of the side effects of caffeine. 

Nascent Iodine and B12 supplementation may help. Its also important to get Selenium with Iodine and Vitamin D and Magnesium are needed as they help the entire body and all vitamins/minerals and bodily functions work better and more in synergy.

I did a blood test and my Vitamin D was really low, I've been taking that and I'm starting to feel better. Thanks everyone for the suggestions though, more content on the way! :) 

Connect with us here:

@Michael569 I'll bring this up to my prescriber. He did suggest we start weening the dose down. I have to keep an eye on that though because it's a condition I'd rather not leave to chance. 

Edited by Focus Shift

Connect with us here:

9 hours ago, Focus Shift said:

I have to keep an eye on that though because it's a condition I'd rather not leave to chance

Absolutely! the last thing you want to do is get off cold turkey. Reduction needs to be approach very cautiously and you need to keep an eye for rapid worsening of symptoms. You could also potentially ask the doctor about something like St John's Wort. The evidence in depressive disorders is actually pretty good even when compared to something like fluoxetine or amitryptiline. But SJW must not be mixed with anything else, that's the tricky bit. 

Again, the doctor needs to be involved 100% of the time. Good luck!

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 7/26/2021 at 3:43 PM, Michael569 said:

Lithium has been shown to damage the pathways in the cell responsible for energy production.

@Michael569 I read somewhere that Lithium Orotate is not toxic like Lithium carbonate idk if this is true or not. If so, maybe OP can start using it instead. Lithium L-Threonate is supposedly even better than Lithium Orotate.

Edited by Twega

@Twega That's true but LO is nowhere near as effective. I assume OP is either struggling with MDD or bipolar or something like that and the non-medical lithium just isn't effective enough unfortunately. But maybe it could be a way towards withdrawal, maybe. The risk is symptoms flaring up tho so this is why these things need to be managed very cautiously 

As others have said, there are a million reasons why. Start with the basics: Nutrition and Behavior.

Proper sleep (avoid blue light or any bright light between 10:00-4:00 am, get sunlight first thing in the morning. You need sunlight to "activate" the Melanopsin cells in your eyes.

Upon exposure of the skin to UV rays, urocanic acid (UCA) levels are increased. UCA crosses the blood-brain barrier and enters neurons, converting to glutamate in a multistep metabolic pathway. As a result, glutamate levels increase, and in some glutamatergic synapses, this leads to increased packaging and release of this neurotransmitter. Glutamate is an excitatory neurotransmitter.

You could also have sleep apnea.

Magnesium is required for ATP production plug your diet to chronometer and get all your micro-macro nutrients in check.

Then start to see if there are things that are making you feel chronically fatigued: toxins, pollutants, allergies, whatever.

Then you can start looking deeper if all else fails, such as genetic conditions (don't worry many of these can be fixed rather quickly.)

Ken Wilber described his chronic fatigue in this post. The cause of which is an RNase Enzyme deficiency. I find it motivating that he was still meditating and wrote his monstrous book sex, spirituality, ecology. In this period where he was bedridden. Very inspiring.

Edited by Twega

Maybe  it sound  odd  but is  it  possible not  enough exercise  causes fatigue?