RMQualtrough

What is the best proof against Solipsism?

32 posts in this topic

I mean typical Solipsism, that the limited mind is all that exists.

I see that SOME other conscious process may be at play since I can read works of fiction or poetry I could never ever consciously come up with.

But what is the proof that there is seeing happening from perspectives other than your own?

RIGHT HERE BITCH!

THERE IS A PERCEPTUAL BUBBLE ON THIS END TYPING THIS IN ALL CAPS RIGHT NOW.

Here's some random emojis to prove how random I am and not an NPC: ???❤️????? 

Solipsism disproved. Now you have to persuade me that you are conscious ?

That you can't manipulate reality consciously through your mind. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

But there's no free will?

@RMQualtrough You ever gonna truly believe there's no free will? We are programmed with the thought "maybe there is free will". It's gonna be an endless debate with yourself. Just pretend you have free will, it's more interesting.

9 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

But there's no free will?

No there is no free will. Neuroscience has long ago disproved free will. 

What I mean is you can't dream up this world however you want. If you jump off a tall building you will die.. If solipsism is true.. Then surely you can change the laws of physics rn 

-Osho

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Except that you are already manipulating reality consciously through your mind, it's just that you don't know who you are.  You have tricked yourself into thinking you are separate from reality... that there is 'your mind' and 'that which is not 'your mind', but it's all 'your mind'. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

41 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

But what is the proof that there is seeing happening from perspectives other than your own?

@RMQualtrough there isnt such a proof

There is no proof against Solipsism.

I can't even prove to myself in this moment that there is anything beyond the entirety of this moment.  

Any 'proof' is just more 'the entirety of this moment'. 

I know for certain that something seems to be happening Now.. beyond that I can never be certain what that something is.  

I can only know what seems to be, and it always seems to be whatever there is Now, which is 'the entirety of my experience' (the contents of which I could be totally mistaken about.. I could be a brain in a vat somewhere hallucinating my entire life.. this could all be just a dream, etc.)

I can't know if there's anything 'other' than the entirety of my current experience.

From my perspective, the only ONE I have, whatever there seems to be (the entirety of my current experience), is the ONLY thing there is. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

7 minutes ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

RIGHT HERE BITCH!

THERE IS A PERCEPTUAL BUBBLE ON THIS END TYPING THIS IN ALL CAPS RIGHT NOW.

Here's some random emojis to prove how random I am and not an NPC: ???❤️????? 

Solipsism disproved. Now you have to persuade me that you are conscious ?

Yes there's not really doubt that processes I'm not conscious of exist. But I specifically mean to say, what is the best evidence for example, that you are not a subconscious process like a dream character which we presume doesn't have any sensory input localized from their PoV.

Solipsism and Proof are mutually exclusive. 

Proof would imply there is something 'other than self', and Solipsism is the view or theory that the self is all that can be known to exist, because everything is 'the self'.  (I'm alone in the Universe because I am the Universe). 

1 hour ago, RMQualtrough said:

I mean typical Solipsism, that the limited mind is all that exists.

I see that SOME other conscious process may be at play since I can read works of fiction or poetry I could never ever consciously come up with.

You just need to access expanded states of consciousness- God Mind - to become directly conscious that there is One Infinite Mind -  You (as a Mind or Consciousness or God) that is dreaming up reality but also limiting itself ao that it is not conscious it is doing that for the purposes of being able to put itself into its on reality in a nested fashion..  it's amazing and magical.  But you need direct access to higher states of consciousnes in order to have the realization.  Without being in such expanded states or mystical states it is just held as a possibility.  So don't worry about disproving philosophies what you would end up doing is overthinking.  The way to God Consciousness is via quieting the ego mind and just resting in Being - or taking a psychedelic haha.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Because those perspectives can experience things that you don't and tell you about them? Oh, hang on a minute... who's doing the proving? xD

All stories and explanations are false.

37 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

Except that you are already manipulating reality consciously through your mind, it's just that you don't know who you are.  You have tricked yourself into thinking you are separate from reality... that there is 'your mind' and 'that which is not 'your mind', but it's all 'your mind'. 

Can you explain this a little bit 

-Osho

@RMQualtrough Why not be a psychonaut for a couple years, and figure out whether you being God is bullshit or not. I plan to do that, but life is long, I don't see the rush to dispell the illusion.

The foundation for solipsism, is to make the argument that they alone are everything and everyone around them. So inorder to deny the existance of others, they seem to have a compulsive desire to tell those other that they don't exsist in this Solopsist presence... How convenient that the argument for Solopsism require a apparent outside npc to be told all about this, don't you think?xD

I mean, I don't feel the need to argue with birds that they aren't real humans (as they pretend to be), but merely birds.. :-P

@Someone here notice that when you pour a glass of water, you are manipulating reality consciously with your mind. 

The explanation I gave is in the context that all there is is 'God/Mind', and God/Mind 'pretends' (imagines, dreams, etc) that it is separate from itself in order to know itself (be itself, seem like something rather than Nothing/Everything, etc.) 

Alan Watts explains it in his work 'The Dream of Life', where he puts forward the idea that everything occurring now is 'God's Dream', and it's a dream of pretending not to be what it is. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" And finally, you would dream where you are now. You would dream the dream of living the life that you are actually living today.

That would be within the infinite multiplicity of choices you would have. Of playing that you weren't God, because the whole nature of the godhead, according to this idea, is to play that he is not. So in this idea then, everybody is fundamentally the ultimate reality, not God in a politically kingly sense, but god in the sense of being the self, the deep-down basic whatever there is. And you are all that, only you are pretending you are not." - from 'The Dream of Life' by Alan Watts. 

I could never ever consciously come up with

you couldn't come up with it in your current state of consciousness, but you are God so you have infinite consciousness 

@Mason Riggle nice. I like Alan watts. 

So are you a solipsist or pantheist? Because you seem to mix the two together 

-Osho