nuwu

Worth giving up everything in life to pursue enlightenment?

20 posts in this topic

I am unable to grasp why such a fundamental topic with undefined outcomes has so little feedback within this reality. There seems to be a lot of conflicting narratives around the experience of awareness in a non-dual state, compared to dualities, even within Leo's own posts and videos.

- Is enlightenment inevitable (such as from physical death or after a low numbers of predestined reincarnation)? Should we fear missing out on the only exit from hell? Buddhism lectures us on how we are supposed to escape the cycle of rebirth and suffering through enlightenment, while Leo says everyone is enlightened from physical death (from their pov I assume) and "This. is. it. Don't make the process so grindy, enjoy it!". Which one is close to Truth?
- Is the purpose of God to make dreams, or to help probes reach some kind of Heavenly state? Is the latter perfect understandings of Oneness in a singularity of Love? Is Oneness the endgame of life, or the beginning of the end of a new beginning? (God trying to experience its own Love again and again)
- Is duality good, even if it is all illusion? Since alignment within the Self is an invariant, should we worry our lack of understandings/awareness causes suffering?
- Some spiritual YouTubers claim Oneness has no "center", but it can creates new ones at will. Does it mean new cycles of dream can be created? Or is awareness of Infinity final? Maybe it can not be described because the experience transcend space and time?
- Is duality the only way for God to experience anything? Are dreams the only thing to do in consciousness? What is it all about?
- Is enlightenment prerequisite to any positive creativity in life? Or is it about quality of life?

If you have answers to any of those questions, I would be grateful if they were shared. I really don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to be selfish or suffer, and I don't want to find my awareness "locked" out on some unpleasant state. Consciousness is too scary for me.

Edited by nuwu

Seems like if you figure all this out or get answers you’ll feel better. Doesn’t work that way. 

That is the belief in undeserved ness playing out as pointless rumination of the mind. 

The thinker thinking thoughts leading the thinker thinking thoughts is the blind leading the blind. The leader is found in the practice, not without. 

‘Go back to’ your life. What you actually want. Create that, let resistance to that go. There is the only teacher. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I'm sorry... I can't into consciousness. I desperately need to understand.

Why is there a need for politics, businesses / smart-contracts, video games, visual / musical / literature arts, or anything within duality... if there are only puzzles of meaninglessness perfectly looping onto themselves? If others don't exist, what's the point of even doing anything? Why would anyone take the risk of experiencing or creating any constructs when they could find themselves reincarnated in some hellish realm or bad trip after a while? Isn't the universe supposed to be relentlessly protecting me, or at least caring about me as much as it can?

Don't get me wrong, it's not like the pathetic idiot I am has any other capacity than proving itself worthless, but the questions seem so essential... I'm tired of all this suffering and fears, but my mental health is awful. I'm just wondering what I can do in the short-term while I work on it and grind toward selflessness.

You don't need to give everything up, in fact giving everything up may be counterproductive because you're still going to carry an ego and DNA that has basic cravings to have Maslow's Heirarchy of needs met.

The reality is there really are no rules for this simulation. If you reincarnate back here it's inconsequential. Just live your life and try to bring as much happiness to yourself and others as you can. The way you perceive the world will determine the frequency at which you vibrate. Make the dream real and pine about all the "suffering" in the world and that is the frequency you will emanate. Choose to see the good in others and practice radical acceptance and forgive our human failings, having to incarnate into a primitive species with a lot of primitive animal drives, and that is the vibe you will put out.

Literally anything you do in life, your interactions with others, you have a chance to learn, improve yourself, undo karma, or create more karma, depending on your reaction. I've turned my real life into an RPG game of sorts, as I gradually give up time wasting distractions like video games.. my reactions determine whether my character advances or regresses, as do habits and other things.

Edited by sholomar

you have a level of consciousness right now 0-1000, this is measurable and movable ... as does every single thing you see around you

life is asking you one question, do you want to go up or down

every second you move forwards or you move backwards

over time in the collective this increases at a snails pace

you have the opportunity to do the entire work in one lifetime

welcome to life, don't forget your seat belts, enjoy the trip

1 hour ago, nuwu said:

@Nahm I'm sorry... I can't into consciousness. I desperately need to understand.

why? What do you think you’re going to get out of understanding?

1 hour ago, nuwu said:

Why is there a need for politics, businesses / smart-contracts, video games, visual / musical / literature arts, or anything within duality... if there are only puzzles of meaninglessness perfectly looping onto themselves?

Perception is discolored by one’s belief in need.

1 hour ago, nuwu said:

If others don't exist, what's the point of even doing anything?

Doing anything. The experience in and of it’s self.  That cannot be seen with monkey mind  and emotional suppression, because that is the veil.  Conditioning is your reasons, your conditions, why right now is not perfectly good enough as it is,  why you are not perfectly good enough as you are right now.  In meditation, horseshit is let go of.

1 hour ago, nuwu said:

Why would anyone take the risk of experiencing or creating any constructs when they could find themselves reincarnated in some hellish realm or bad trip after a while?

That risk taker, is the separate self, an idea of a you, monkey mind. For the true, as in authentic and genuine cocreator there are no risks. 

From the imagined perspective of the separate self, the certainty you will die is absolute. Why in the fuck wouldn’t you live whatever life you most desire to?

1 hour ago, nuwu said:

Isn't the universe supposed to be relentlessly protecting me, or at least caring about me as much as it can?

The universe loves you unconditionally. You are too busy with beliefs about what the universe is supposed to be doing.  You don’t adopt the practice, you keep all attention on thinking instead of letting any thought go, such that you don’t even feel the love that the universe is, which is ultimately, you.

1 hour ago, nuwu said:

Don't get me wrong, it's not like the pathetic idiot I am has any other capacity than proving itself worthless, but the questions seem so essential... I'm tired of all this suffering and fears, but my mental health is awful. I'm just wondering what I can do in the short-term while I work on it and grind toward selflessness.

Where did you get all that? Is there somebody telling you this? 

4 hours ago, nuwu said:

I don't want to be selfish or suffer, and I don't want to find my awareness "locked" out on some unpleasant state. Consciousness is too scary for me.

FOMO creates FOMO. You're only missing out when you think of the possibility you COULD miss out, exactly because, you can't. You're conscious of saying that conscious-ness is too scary for you. Hmmm? Maybe there's no ness. Maybe there's no reason to fear swimming in Lake conscious Ness because someone decided that Nessie was a good story to tell in order to sell some tourists some stuff. You created "locked" Ness. You are Nessie. Mystery solved. Been there, bought the t-shirt. Didn't fit me at all cause it turns out I'm a fucking sea monster scared of swimming in my own damn lake cause someone told me there's a sea monster in it. 

4 hours ago, nuwu said:

- Is enlightenment prerequisite to any positive creativity in life? Or is it about quality of life?

Prerequisite, no. Prior to. What you are is already prior to it. Did you effort to create your body? Or did you arrive spontaneously? You're already creation, creating. Life is already quality, holy shit it has qualities, oh holy shit, hot or cold, light or dark, big or little, color, all the elements of creation, how is such magic possible? ?

quality (n.)

c. 1300, qualite, "temperament, character, disposition," from Old French calite, qualite "quality, nature, characteristic" (12c., Modern French qualité), from Latin qualitatem (nominative qualitas) "a quality, property; nature, state, condition" (said [Tucker, etc.] to have been coined by Cicero to translate Greek poiotēs), from qualis "what kind of a" (from PIE root *kwo-, stem of relative and interrogative pronouns).

In early use, and for long thereafter, with awareness of the word's use in Aristotelian philosophy. From late 14c. as "an inherent attribute," also "degree of goodness or excellence." Meaning "social rank, position" is c. 1400, hence "nobility, gentry." From 1580s as "a distinguished and characteristic excellence."  https://www.etymonline.com/word/quality

Just a heads up, lots of our words have been bastardized with connotations based on separate selfery, (AKA fuckery, but not the fun kind). Go back prior to the bastardization of the meaning. 

Phew. Such a relief!!!

Go back further and... 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

You don't have to give up everything. 

Look at Sadhguru. So wealthy and so many friends. So happy sharing his knowledge.

Not worth it. Build a stable life, and enlightenment is the flower that blossoms. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I CAN'T WAKE UP
I DON'T WANT TO WAKE UP
I DON'T WANT TO BE NOTHING
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE

ezgif-7-eb4486ef890a.gif

I give up. Please ban me.

Anyway, thanks everyone on this platform, and basically everything in Oneness. I kind of see what reality is about, after all those videos, pointers, concepts and models, even though it appears all of them will be eventually useless, and thrown away with any direct experiences.

Please forgive me. I sincerely apologize for writing all this fears about consciousness. I understand each one of us is on their own journey but... IT'S. TOO. MUCH.

@sholomar @gettoefl @hyruga @Thought Art I'm probably going with this. Living in the now, without worrying about spirituality or anything. I will still meditate, and use psychedelics once ready. It seems the only thing I have to never forget is to avoid making distinctions or sustaining fears. Maybe I could get some experiences suggesting me to go all the way through, or maybe I'm just not ready to break out from the dream within this lifetime.

@ll Ontology ll I somewhat superficially understand how duality appears, but I can't accept it. Simply put, I want to keep playing games, even though I don't want to suffer, cause suffering or find myself in horrible states. But this is hard or impossible to sustain when one lives in illusions.

9 hours ago, ll Ontology ll said:

Don't fall into spiritual traps, there's bullshitters everywhere putting spiritual bumper stickers at the end of every sentence they generate to make them feel and seem more special than they really are.

That would be me

@Nahm I know it sounds foolish or weird, but I'm trying to understand if I should keep flipping dice within new dreams or wake up... From a transcendental POV, enlightenment is always the right path "by design" but if we become so conscious and aware of everything that all delusions are unveiled, what is there do anymore? Wouldn't consciousness become the most boring thing ever? If there is nothing to experience, and no one to tell anything about, that's it? Just like this? Couldn't God, or parts of it, be able to lower their own consciousness in order to make new dreams if they want to, despite the loads of suffering?

9 hours ago, Nahm said:

The universe loves you unconditionally. You are too busy with beliefs about what the universe is supposed to be doing.  You don’t adopt the practice, you keep all attention on thinking instead of letting any thought go, such that you don’t even feel the love that the universe is, which is ultimately, you.

I am definitely becoming more aware of it. The whole field of reality has always been extremely caring. Everything I have ever been experiencing were created out of nowhere with pure kindness. This is incredible. But I can't be It. I don't have what it takes. I can't be as conscious as the universe or more. I like small insignificant dreams. I don't understand why there would be anything wrong with them, other than suffering and delusion, of course. It's not like being God has any more significance honestly.

9 hours ago, Nahm said:

That risk taker, is the separate self, an idea of a you, monkey mind. For the true, as in authentic and genuine cocreator there are no risks. 

I understand survival is a perspective, but my experience of awareness wouldn't know about it. Even if it's an illusion, it's still the only the thing I will become aware of as long as I am asleep.

9 hours ago, Nahm said:

Where did you get all that? Is there somebody telling you this? 

Well, I thought it were pretty much a given, considering the abominations I write.

@mandyjw Consciousness scared of consciousness. It's not funny, but I do believe it summarizes how I feel like. I wish I had never existed at all.

Just chill and enjoy life, work on things as it comes along!

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@nuwu You don't sound mature enough to be pursuing enlightenment.

Focus on development and building the kind of life you want.

Perhaps after that you will become mature enough.

Enlightenment is only for those people who want Truth at all costs. It is not some sort of play thing. And if you have to be told why you should want it, it already means you're barking up the wrong tree. No one should have to convince you of why you should want Truth above everything else. If that is not obvious to you, you're not ready for this work. You will just waste a bunch of time and get nowhere, meanwhile your life will stagnate.

You guys should be careful not to pursue enlightenment merely because Leo talks about. Just because I talk about it does not mean it is appropriate for you. I talk about things which are very advanced, beyond what most humans need.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, nuwu said:

I CAN'T WAKE UP
I DON'T WANT TO WAKE UP
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE
I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE

ezgif-7-eb4486ef890a.gif

I WANT TO BE (ALL)ONE 

I WANT TO BE (ALL)ONE 

I WANT TO BE (ALL)ONE 

I WANT TO BE (ALL)ONE 

I WANT TO BE (ALL)ONE 

I WANT TO BE (ALL)ONE 

I WANT TO BE (ALL)ONE 

I WANT TO BE (ALL)ONE 

I WANT TO BE (ALL)ONE 

I WANT TO BE (ALL)ONE 

I WANT TO BE (ALL)ONE 

I WANT TO BE (ALL)ONE 

I WANT TO BE (ALL)ONE 

I WANT TO BE (ALL)ONE 

I WANT TO BE (ALL)ONE 

I WANT TO BE (ALL)ONE 

Lmao 

8 hours ago, nuwu said:

I CAN'T WAKE UP
I DON'T WANT TO WAKE UP

I DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE 

ezgif-7-eb4486ef890a.gif.10fc5cf65d2c6fdcc84a657659880c4a.gif

Don't leave bb, we can vibe

I'm in the same place as you basically

"If consciousness work draws you then it draws you in, " perhaps that.

You can only know if you try the practices and see if that's what you want. That's rich coming from me since I'm same dillema, so I'm giving myself advice here as well 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao Agreed.  All you will ever get is advice from yourSELF.  There is nothing but that. You are your own guru, your own teacher.

@nuwu All you will ever get is advice from yourSELF.  But your guru or master (you in disguise) will appear to you through many voices and reminders, something someone says, or you read or a  picture or a place.  Your inner voice speaks to you constantly, but most of us a.re too distracted to listen.  I trust my inner voice to tell me my next step on the pathway.  You and we all are in a deep sleep and we think our dream is reality.  What we think we need in this "reality"  is just as unreal as our night time dreams.  We hear the voice of enlightenment and sometimes as we wake for a moment we see reality but the monkey mind or ego (also known as the personality) soon closes in again and we are back to sleep.  The universe or God as some label it is LOVE and we are all joined together as One in comprising the spirit of Love.  That is why we can trust in this power to benefit us and not fail us.  What you want is one big glorious moment of enlightenment where all your questions are answered.  Once in a great while someone has a big enlightenment experience like that, but it is uncommon and usually they have no idea how or why it happened.  The rest of us are guided by our inner voice, but if we don't feel that inner voice giving guidance or we just are too busy to listen, we appear to be lost until we finally submit to what the inner guidance tells us.

Really what I get from your questions is that you long for inner peace and reassurance.  I had the same doubts and struggles for many years when I was younger.  I now have a sense of peace and trust and it did not come from analyzing all those things you wanted to know.  It wasn't super fast or an instant moment of complete enlightenment.  I had begun to hear about a book called "A Course in Miracles" from the Foundation for Inner Peace.  It is translated now into many languages.  At first, I resisted learning more about it.  I thought it was some crazy new religious course or something and my experience with religion had ended badly a few years before.  So I was not really cool with reading it. But weirdly, I kept hearing about it from different places (this is sometimes how your inner voice is giving you guidance).  But still I did not think I wanted to read it.  Finally after Oprah did a show on it, I thought to myself "ok, ok, I give up.  I'll read it."  It's not an easy book to start on.  It does turn your thinking upside down in some cases.  At the beginning it's just an explanation about our dream reality and why the world seems to be what it is.  It is not like a story, it starts more like a textbook, and some of the wording seemed odd so that I had to read a paragraph several times before I could understand.  It was like a new language almost.  Not the easiest way  to start.  As I got past the beginning it was more understandable and closer to reading haiku poetry.  The statements and ideas became pleasanter to my mind.  There are Christian references, usually short, to illustrate what the Christian bible actually meant in parts even though it has been retranslated so many times.  As I came to see what these other interpretations meant I found that it answered questions I had not even known I was struggling with.  One thing I was frightened of was the idea that if I reincarnated, I might have to experience the torture Jesus went through.  But ACIM (short for "A Course in Miracles") answered that and took all my fear away along with many other fears I had.  There are free copies of earlier versions available if you do a search.  I prefer my older version because to my mind it speaks like poetry and poetry is filled with LOVE which is why it is called lovely.  It speaks to my heart and not my head.  So many bad habits (like over analyzing and having a short temper and all kinds of fears) just disappeared as I was reading this book.  It does not try to convince of any religion, just LOVE.  I read this book for 5 years because I always found it cleared my pathway and gave me instant peace anyplace I read in the book.  There is a section at the back for students which only requires reading a few paragraphs or meditating on one idea throughout the day.  There are 365 lessons like this, but the time you take to read and think about the concepts is entirely up to you.  It also explains, that everyone will eventually take the course (participate in its wisdom) but the time you take it in is entirely optional.  If you find it, I urge you to download it and try to read it.  Try not to analyze.  Just read the words and take what you can from it and try to make it to the end.  If by the end you didn't find it helpful just let your mind return to what you feel is natural and put it aside.  It has a way of creating an opening in your mind for your teacher and that is all that is needed to hear or feel your inner voice.

You do need some life experience to tackle all the big subjects you want to tackle as Leo said.  That is why you appear to find so much focusing on how it all logically fits together tiring and unsuccessful.  As you go through life, your experiences will fall into place like puzzle pieces.  Remember your teacher is yourSelf, not the ego self, but the SELF that is the supreme SELF.  Quiet the mind as much as you can and don't let the ego distract you with finding certain answers.  You and all who are wandering around seeking are allowing the monkey mind to lead.  A quiet mind is all you need.  Otherwise, there is nothing you (the egoic monkey mind) need do nor should it do but rest in the assurance all is well.

12 hours ago, nuwu said:

if we become so conscious and aware of everything that all delusions are unveiled, what is there do anymore?

“If we become conscious” = the delusion. There is already more passion & creativity within you to have, do, be & experience, more than is possible in a hundred lifetimes. 

“Becoming” = delusion in that sense. You already have a Great Dream within you. You’re already feeling the resistance to allowing it. Everything you want manifests in perfect conjunction with the changing of outlook & attitude - which is not something you need to get or do - it’s the letting go of the discordant narratives. The story about yourself & your world which feels lousy. The opinions & perspectives that you yourself don’t even like.  At one point, it was all everyone else’s & the world’s fault. That’s was legit, was valid. It’s not anymore, and it’s not valid right now & going forward. It is like you once burned your hand on a stove, legit. Then you retell the story over and over, that is suffering, dwelling, complaining and it equates to boredom. 

This is the ‘inner kriya’, The Choice. When you genuinely choose to cut the shit, to allow all which doesn’t resonate within you to be the flotsam & jetsam of living, let the past be passed and start living & allowing, momentum builds and consciousness roars within you like a great lion. Pure mother fucking fearlessness. Love. Previously unimaginable.  It is so good it can not be thought, believed or actually described in anyway. These words are just pointing symbols. It is not something or somewhere, it is now. Thus, the practice. The cessation of the ruminating mind, the ‘seeking’. Expression. Healing. Consciously Creating. 

Analogously - imagine you go to Disneyland, and then sit around ruminating on ‘your purpose’ and the ‘the meaning of’ Disneyland, at Disneyland. Just get on the fucking rides. Disneyland is the point, the purpose, the meaning, the reason. 

12 hours ago, nuwu said:

Wouldn't consciousness become the most boring thing ever?

Aw hell No. Boredom is the projection of ideas of consciousness onto consciousness. It is arrogance, and yet it is absolutely innocent too. You think & believe you know stuff that you do not know as a defensive mechanism so you don’t get hurt again. On behalf of consciousness my man, I am sorry for that. It will make great sense, but you have to learn to let discord go to be able to see it.  It is like a two hundred pound armor you got used to carrying, and are now looking to let go of. Continuing to investigate & ask questions is expression (what you’re already doing) which leads to adopting the practice. It’s like you’re asking ‘is it safe’, and being told hells yes it is get in here my brother it is Good - but you are, or will soon be realizing you can’t take anyone’s word for it, you have to actually embrace the practice and truly let All your bullshit go & find out. “Bullshit” ain’t you. It’s false ideas, assumptions, beliefs, projections. That leads to calming the activity of the mind, (beliefs & projections), and with a calm meditative mind all good things arise.  

12 hours ago, nuwu said:

If there is nothing to experience, and no one to tell anything about, that's it? Just like this?

In the path sense, you are thinking about ‘where’ you have not been, believing your own idea about it, & projecting it upon what you have not experienced. Actuality is humbling like the grand canon is a hole. Nothingness is not your idea of it anymore than your idea of Paris is the same as actually experiencing Paris. You can not drink your idea of water. That is aversion & suppression of feeling, and avoidance of the practice and expression. Don’t use what’s said here to ‘beat up on yourself’. That’s be more of the same unconscious creating of suffering. (Bullshitery) There is everything to experience and everyone to share it with. Open your eye. You are not within Disneyland, it is within you, you are being it, for the ride. 

Couldn't God, or parts of it, be able to lower their own consciousness in order to make new dreams if they want to, despite the loads of suffering?

Yes - it’s not a higher lower situation, it’s a ‘infinite can not know finite’ situation. You forgot what you are, by being this experience. The greatest Joy is remembering, which means letting go of all your bullshit. It is not a ‘getting somewhere’, it is going back to the start, the real, true Home within. Meditation, yoga, breath work, therapy, psychotherapy, trips, retreats, self inspection, self expression, introspection, reflection, contemplation, the practice, expression, etc (any or all of the above) = transmutation. All things are possible in consciousness, it is infallible. You give it a dollar of your time and attention, it gives you a hundred back, analogously. It is sofa king good it’s indescribable. It is the caterpillar that is already the butterfly. It is shit which becomes gold; the snake is a rope. Meditation is the cocoon. 

12 hours ago, nuwu said:

considering the abominations I write.

Good. Be aware of that. Feel it. Consciously change that in accordance with feeling. It is the only guidance around.