assx95

I can sit in silence but there's nothing else that happens

23 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, RickyFitts said:

Speaking of Adyashanti, I like how he suggests to approach enlightenment: 'The question should be, not, "How do I become enlightened?" but rather, "How am I unenlightening myself?"'

What's preventing you from feeling at peace right now, in this moment? It's our unresolved baggage, in the form of suppressed emotion and trauma, that's at the root of the trance-state that most humans are trapped in, it's this which causes us to feel agitated, distracted, lost, hopeless, etc. So learning how to be with yourself and to allow the arising of that which had previously been suppressed is a big part of becoming free, it seems to me.

?

The identification AS the individual with all the suppressed emotional trauma is the issue.

But simultaneously it's not denial or detachment, it's the revelation that this traumatized individual with all of its so-called negative baggage isn't real. It's an illusion!

When this revelation is deeply embodied/seen clearly, all the trauma and baggage starts naturally falling away because there's nothing for it to attach and cling to any longer.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

20 minutes ago, assx95 said:

Or it's as simple as this: I, infinite intelligence, the source of all things, talked to me. I was the one who had rebelled, and who was cut off from the source. I, the infinite intelligence perfectly described everything about me. Then I asked- If I am you, then why did i cut myself off from the source, why did you cut me off from the source? I, the infinite intelligence, replied- In my infinite intelligence, I wanted to experience this life you lived, and in my infinite intelligence, I am calling you back home. I asked- Why then did you create me, cut me off, if you are now calling me back home? I, the Infinite intelligence replied- I never meant for it to last, I cut you off (Created you) with the intent that you'd live this life and one day you'd be back home delighted. And it's not you are low and I am high. I am you. And you are me. Take over everything. You are everything. And I am you. 

There was never a you to be cut off, and an infinite source of intelligence is just a concept.

Notice the sense of me does not like free floating....it always tries to identify as something(infinite intelligence)

Do you feel infinitely intelligent?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

42 minutes ago, assx95 said:

Or it's as simple as this: I, infinite intelligence, the source of all things, talked to me. I was the one who had rebelled, and who was cut off from the source. I, the infinite intelligence perfectly described everything about me. Then I asked- If I am you, then why did i cut myself off from the source, why did you cut me off from the source? I, the infinite intelligence, replied- In my infinite intelligence, I wanted to experience this life you lived, and in my infinite intelligence, I am calling you back home. I asked- Why then did you create me, cut me off, if you are now calling me back home? I, the Infinite intelligence replied- I never meant for it to last, I cut you off (Created you) with the intent that you'd live this life and one day you'd be back home delighted. And it's not you are low and I am high. I am you. And you are me. Take over everything. You are everything. And I am you. 

Poetic, but striving nonetheless. The voice of God inside your head is still the Ego. Try to get completely non-verbal in your embodiment, at least at first. 

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.