ivankiss

Go Get That Money!

78 posts in this topic

Re-bought the correction/dip for a few extra pips.

Well that was stupid. 

It was a fake-out. Price dipped like crazy. Nearly lost all my profit from the previous trade. It's pretty much a break-even day.

Do not fucking trade on impulse! And do not fucking deviate from your system!

Don't be greedy!

I'm taking a short break. A breather.

I must talk to myself.

This is an old pattern. I cannot allow it to continue slipping in. It's going to ruin my game. Or at least; slow down my progress, significantly.

It's not a huge mistake. Not at all. It's a 'good loss'. Thankfully; I was smart enough to swallow my pride and admit the error early on. I exited before the price broke through the support level. That could have been a very bad loss.

But still, I want to eliminate any remaining bugs. And that work occurs in silence.

Position opened on Thursday, 8:59PM.

ATR: 21.63

Chart: Hourly/4h

No significant movement. It is a short consolidation phase after the first big move. Expecting the price to break down to the next support level, either over night, or tomorrow during London hours.

Setting a TP slightly above the support.

In profit. 

Price somewhere about half way to TP.

Position closed, not to hold over the weekend.

Cca 30% ATR in profit. I'm pretty satisfied. Overall; a nice, green week. 

Well, that was unexpected. Price dipped like crazy. Absolutely massive sell. Weird, because Fridays are usually fake-outs. Big moves usually happen from Tuesday to Thursday. Rarely on Monday or Friday. That's another reason I exited the trade. I did not want to be caught in a trap. 

It would have been a massive win. Oh well...

Let's hope I get to ride those big waves next week.

Holy shit man!

Absolutely massive dip, right at the opening of the market! I cannot believe my eyes. This kinda stuff does not happen often.

Price already pulled back, more than half. But this is a sell, no doubt about it. I'm entering during price correction. Waiting for it to go a few more pips higher.

Switching to 1, 5 and 15 minutes charts, for that perfect, sterile entry.

Though I'm mainly aiming for the daily here.

Trade opened on Monday, 03:31AM.

ATR: 25.37

Chart: Daily 

Already in nice profit. It was a flawless entry.

It's tempting to exit the trade already, but I know I can ear much more if I stay in longer.

I might do a scalping session one of these days. I have the time for it now.

It's high frequency trading. A series of precise, fast in and out trades. Timing is crucial here. Also; focus. Flow. Clarity.

It can easily end up being a disaster. In one session; one can easily open up to 50 trades, or more. The goal here is, not to leave anything on the market, when it's on the move. When you are playing higher time frames, you are basically watching the price oscillate around your entry, for quite some time. All those little moves, pauses, consolidations... those are all transactions. All pips. All money. And if you know what you're doing, it's all yours to take.

I think it would be very fun and beneficial to document a scalping session here, in real time.

Edited by ivankiss

Absolutely beautiful trade.

Very nice profit, already. But I'm going to hold a bit longer. I think I can easily double it.

Stop loss moved right bellow my entry.

Now it's a risk-free trade.

Still holding...

I was twice in very nice profit. And both times price bounced back up. Still in profit now, but significantly less..

Not sure if I should be holding any longer. I'm kinda regretting not taking profit earlier.

Kinda sensing a reversal now. This chart likes to be choppy.

But it might be fake. Holding a bit longer to get a sentiment. After all; it's still a risk-free trade.

Well, fuck me. Stop loss hit. Little to no profit.

That was lame.

I left two big chunks of profit on the table. Though it truly seemed like price was going to break through the next zone.

I guess stuff like this happens, not much I can do about it. Maybe next time I should consider taking a bit smaller profit.

In a sense; I'm still in the testing phase here. Though I'm trading real money.

The goal is to perfect my system and create a disciplined relationship with the profession. Accumulate experience, etc.

Once I'm sure things run flawlessly; I'm investing a significantly larger deposit and switching to bigger lot sizes. The system remains the same, only the numbers change.

Mainly; I'm noticing errors in my psychology. There is still a lot of deception sneaking itself in. I must eliminate those patterns. Replace them with ones that will make me money.

The emphasis here is still on perfecting the system and my overall approach. Not how much money I'm making. Very important!