Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TottiWatts

What Do You Eat?

15 posts in this topic

Hello, my brothers.

I am new at this forum, however, I've been engaged with this concept of nutrition for a while now. And I am really interested in knowing what do you guys eat on a daily basis, especially those of you who are doing some kind of healthy diet, something that we could call more aware, without disrespect to those who doesn't considerer this kind of work.

Wish you all the best and waiting for your answers!

Peace.

Vegan diet

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Veggies, legumes, nuts and seeds, high quality oils and meats, eggs, and the most important which isnt talked about nearly enough: high quality purified water. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

Okay, I get it. But what would that be? What time, what plate, how many meals and so on. Could you guys give explicit details on how does your diet works?

I eat a lot of vegetables, fruits, pasta, but sometimes I allow myself pizza or something like that.

36 minutes ago, robbinsarle said:

I eat a lot of vegetables, fruits, pasta, but sometimes I allow myself pizza or something like that.

What vegetables and fruits do you eat on a regular basis?

Hi @TottiWatts, I'm also new here.

Before you read what I eat, keep in mind that I optimize it for muscle growth, for becoming more conscious, and for better focus/energy. The amount I eat depends on my body weight and if I'm cutting/bulking and how much I've been active on a particular day. Also, I'm still just experimenting with my diet and keep improving it bit by bit.

With that in mind, here it is:

I usually eat a bunch of wok vegetables ~500 grams or more (not stir-fried) with either lean chicken ~300grams or salmon ~250grams for lunch (12 pm). 

For dinner (around 6 pm), I eat the same meal + gluten-free oats ~50grams with nuts/seeds ~25grams and almond milk (Idk how much I just pour that shit in).

3 hours ago, TottiWatts said:

what plate

Plates I use for eating lol: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/cat/plates-18861/

What do you currently eat? And what inspired you to become more "aware"? Just being curious.

You're asking for a cookie cutter approach. It ain't work like that. It is important your food alligns with your expectations, environment, taste, culture, ethics, goals, activity levels etc. For example being fruitarian in Sweden or trying to be carnivore in Hawai are not alligned with the environment. 

Eat mostly what's local. Ignore most "super foods".  They are usually overpriced, imported and carry the worst nutrition per dollar ratio.

If environment is a concern, eat mostly plant based and local with as little beef as possible unless you know your farmer and their treatment practices

Eat mostly plant based but this is not a requirement unless there is an ethical preference. Most importantly experiment with a variety of diets and foods to find out what works best for you.

Observe your energy, skin, digestion, sleep and libido then adjust accordingly. 

If you think you eat healthy but your energy is low, the diet is not right for you and you need to keep exploring. When being pushed towards a specific diet always look for a source of bias or financial incentives

Hope that helps

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

4 hours ago, TheRealVibe said:

Hi @TottiWatts, I'm also new here.

Before you read what I eat, keep in mind that I optimize it for muscle growth, for becoming more conscious, and for better focus/energy. The amount I eat depends on my body weight and if I'm cutting/bulking and how much I've been active on a particular day. Also, I'm still just experimenting with my diet and keep improving it bit by bit.

With that in mind, here it is:

I usually eat a bunch of wok vegetables ~500 grams or more (not stir-fried) with either lean chicken ~300grams or salmon ~250grams for lunch (12 pm). 

For dinner (around 6 pm), I eat the same meal + gluten-free oats ~50grams with nuts/seeds ~25grams and almond milk (Idk how much I just pour that shit in).

Plates I use for eating lol: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/cat/plates-18861/

What do you currently eat? And what inspired you to become more "aware"? Just being curious.

That is cool bro, that is exactly what I was curious about! I will take a look at this web, really appreciate for sharing your stuff! 

I currently eat bananas and apples at breakfast, then I have some lunch such as rice, beans, vegetables, potatoes, shimeji, it changes from day to day, but the meat I am only into fish right now. I just made a choice to be fundamentally healthy, making steps at my own pace, not rushing nor competing with no one else. That is what inspires me.

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

You're asking for a cookie cutter approach. It ain't work like that. It is important your food alligns with your expectations, environment, taste, culture, ethics, goals, activity levels etc. For example being fruitarian in Sweden or trying to be carnivore in Hawai are not alligned with the environment. 

Eat mostly what's local. Ignore most "super foods".  They are usually overpriced, imported and carry the worst nutrition per dollar ratio.

If environment is a concern, eat mostly plant based and local with as little beef as possible unless you know your farmer and their treatment practices

Eat mostly plant based but this is not a requirement unless there is an ethical preference. Most importantly experiment with a variety of diets and foods to find out what works best for you.

Observe your energy, skin, digestion, sleep and libido then adjust accordingly. 

If you think you eat healthy but your energy is low, the diet is not right for you and you need to keep exploring. When being pushed towards a specific diet always look for a source of bias or financial incentives

Hope that helps

I see what you say, but I am not looking for advice in this post specifically, I am just genuinely curious about people's diets. If you could share your own, I would appreciate it.

Edited by TottiWatts

9 hours ago, TottiWatts said:

Okay, I get it. But what would that be? What time, what plate, how many meals and so on. Could you guys give explicit details on how does your diet works?

Well isnt that hungers purpose? 

Sailing on the ceiling 

@TottiWatts Pescatarian diet works well for me. Once I cut out meat, dairy and processed foods I felt so much better. Adding a lot more raw veggies and fruits always helps my energy levels. You have to experiment with different diets. Everyone's body is different. Test a variety of foods and diets out. Your body will always tell you. Pay attention to how you feel after you eat certain foods or consume certain beverages. You can dramatically change the way you feel mentally and physically by modifying your diet. It's is vital to feeling your best. 

I usually eat a salad every day with couple of tomatoes, 2 cucumbers , onions and whatever else i can find. I eat the salad with some rice cakes or oat rusks. Then i'll need to eat something else to keep me full that has some protein. It will be either eggs or yoghurt or something else. Then as a dessert i'll have 3 pieces of fruit. This is a staple meal i almost have every day. Keeps me full for many hours.

The second staple meal i'll have, is some sort of protein and fat source like eggs, meat or dairy. And after that i'll eat a big bowl of porridge.

Basically i try to get as much protein and fiber with every meal so i can be full for long periods of time.

Edited by SQAAD

Just kidding. 
kinda

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn