Preety_India

How to motivate myself to do great amazing work ?

22 posts in this topic

I've found that I get a bit entangled in theory. It's fine because it helps to open up my brain and learn more. However whenever it comes to practice I tend to slack. This is my biggest flaw so far.I really want to be an action machine. But I go limp. I'm trying to develop a stage Orange culture into me but I'm still far away from it.So I began watching motivational videos. It works for a while like 2-3 days and I'm getting into action after which I go limp again.

It's like I try a lot but my tires are spinning in the mud. I am constantly seeking for something that should motivate me but I don't find it. No source of motivation is wholesome.

I want something sustainable that will last beyond 4 days and get me going really strong in a direction without slumping or slacking. 

I don't feel like I push myself hard enough. Even if I do I quickly reach inertia and slow down. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

What kind of practice are you looking to get motivated around, specific stuff like spirituality related, meditation and such? 

Or more generic, just getting shit done, dropping procrastination and building a strong connection between urge and action? 

Why do you want to be an "action machine"?

What are you looking to achieve through action?

And why is that achievement important? 

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

2 minutes ago, Eph75 said:

What kind of practice are you looking to get motivated around, specific stuff like spirituality related, meditation and such? 

Or more generic, just getting shit done, dropping procrastination and building a strong connection between urge and action? 

I'm actually looking for both. To me Spiritual work is part of my Stage Green work like compassion meditation, becoming a better person everyday, making progress in the spiritual direction.

The thing is I devote my time to meditation and contemplation. 

However this does cause an offset in my Stage Orange success. It lowers my drive to chase success. 

But I would like a balance where I'm excelling at Stage Orange success like greater productivity in my daily life like diet, exercise , scheduling work, time Management. And also excelling at my spiritual work where I can be more  motivated to meditate, contemplate and not slack on that side 

Why do you want to be an "action machine"?

Because I'm mostly lost in theory with little action. I struggle with action like getting stuff done 

I don't even feel motivated to go to the gym

I procrastinate the work that I'm given by my manager.

A lot of limping and slacking and laziness.

What are you looking to achieve through action?

I want to do amazing spiritual work as well as Actualization work 

I want to have a fit body, work on myself, get shit done, be a productivity machine which is generally stage Orange stuff that I suck at a lot

And why is that achievement important? 

I want to be fully developed person and make a lot of progress in my life. I don't want to be stuck in theory all the time . I also want to see great results in my work and personality. But my motivation is too low. My engine is simply polished everyday but it isn't running. It only looks good but doesn't get the work done. 

I don't know what your goal is but in general you want to create a clear vision of what tangible result you want to create in your life.

Keep questioning and journaling all the amazing details of what life will be like when your vision is actualized. 

Write a whole page just about your vision. 

To make it more concrete. What would life be like if everything in your vision happened right now. How would you feel?

Find a way to meditate on or remind yourself of your vision everyday. Vision boards can be useful for big or long term goals.

It is also very important not only to create a vision for exactly what you want. But to create a practical action plan on how to get there.

If you don't know how to get there. Thats fine. Create a plan on how you are going to find out and just start taking action and trust that 

the answers will come to you when the time is right.

Also, visualization alone is not sufficient. If you secretly don't think it can actually happen for you or that your goal is way up there on a pedestal and not

possible here and now in the present moment your not gonna be motivated to take action because you've already decided its not happening

unconsciously.

Your mind is like a weighing scale. Its always trying to maximize good feelings and minimize bad or painful ones. Your not gonna get it to move 

unless you give it a pretty tasty looking carrot on a stick to look at.

It also may be possible that for one reason or another you don't really want your goal but you are pursuing it for some other reason like:

-peer pressure

-fear of not being good enough

-wanting to be better or superior in some way

-you believe achieving some goal on the outside will satiate or heal an inner need or wound

All of these are unhealthy motivations and will be very weak in motivating you toward your goals because goals motivated by fear are bear self 

deception and are secretly geared toward self preservation rather than actually experiencing a higher experience of life.

It may also be that you simply don't have the motivation to work on that goal because other areas of your life are weighing you down.

-health 

-unhealthy relationships

-work life

-everyday survival tasks

Many of these can weigh you down big time and sap your creative energy if they are not together or in a mess.

Bigger vision!

“If you want to build a ship, don’t herd people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.

One will weave the canvas; another will fell a tree by the light of his ax. Yet another will forge nails, and there will be others who observe the stars to learn how to navigate. And yet all will be as one. Building a boat isn’t about weaving canvas, forging nails, or reading the sky. It’s about giving a shared taste for the sea, by the light of which you will see nothing contradictory but rather a community of love."

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

2 minutes ago, Byun Sean said:

I don't know what your goal is but in general you want to create a clear vision of what tangible result you want to create in your life.

Keep questioning and journaling all the amazing details of what life will be like when your vision is actualized. 

Write a whole page just about your vision. 

To make it more concrete. What would life be like if everything in your vision happened right now. How would you feel?

Find a way to meditate on or remind yourself of your vision everyday. Vision boards can be useful for big or long term goals.

It is also very important not only to create a vision for exactly what you want. But to create a practical action plan on how to get there.

If you don't know how to get there. Thats fine. Create a plan on how you are going to find out and just start taking action and trust that 

the answers will come to you when the time is right.

Also, visualization alone is not sufficient. If you secretly don't think it can actually happen for you or that your goal is way up there on a pedestal and not

possible here and now in the present moment your not gonna be motivated to take action because you've already decided its not happening

unconsciously.

Your mind is like a weighing scale. Its always trying to maximize good feelings and minimize bad or painful ones. Your not gonna get it to move 

unless you give it a pretty tasty looking carrot on a stick to look at.

It also may be possible that for one reason or another you don't really want your goal but you are pursuing it for some other reason like:

-peer pressure

-fear of not being good enough

-wanting to be better or superior in some way

-you believe achieving some goal on the outside will satiate or heal an inner need or wound

All of these are unhealthy motivations and will be very weak in motivating you toward your goals because goals motivated by fear are bear self 

deception and are secretly geared toward self preservation rather than actually experiencing a higher experience of life.

It may also be that you simply don't have the motivation to work on that goal because other areas of your life are weighing you down.

-health 

-unhealthy relationships

-work life

-everyday survival tasks

Many of these can weigh you down big time and sap your creative energy if they are not together or in a mess.

I'll note down all this in my journal if you don't mind. Thanks so much for responding..it means a lot

Just now, Preety_India said:

I'll note down all this in my journal if you don't mind. Thanks so much for responding..it means a lot

❤️❤️❤️?

22 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I've found that I get a bit entangled in theory. It's fine because it helps to open up my brain and learn more. However whenever it comes to practice I tend to slack. This is my biggest flaw so far.I really want to be an action machine. But I go limp. I'm trying to develop a stage Orange culture into me but I'm still far away from it.So I began watching motivational videos. It works for a while like 2-3 days and I'm getting into action after which I go limp again.

I don't know you Preety so this is only what I belive.. I think you use the wrong productivity strategy. The general idea of productivity doesn't work for everyone.. it only works for a self few. If you're more creative ( which you are) you need a different approach

See... your mind is like the wind. It has high energy bursts that burn out but replenish quickly. 

These are LIFE CHANGING VIDEOS if you're anything like I described.  It changed everything for me.

It's like I try a lot but my tires are spinning in the mud. I am constantly seeking for something that should motivate me but I don't find it. No source of motivation is wholesome.

Exactly Preety. Wanna know why? - because you're a Vata baby. You're like the wind and you should therefor structure so that you do multiple things at the same time.

Use your energy, passion and interests that you have for life to your advantage. Don't play a different game.

Please please for the sake of your life, not mine watch the videos I shared you. It changed my life. ( you do whatever you want though but I really want you to nail life (: )

You get huge bursts of energy and then you get bored... see you can align your life so that you take advantage of your passion and life energy.

I want something sustainable that will last beyond 4 days and get me going really strong in a direction without slumping or slacking. 

I really feel you. I struggled with this aswell so so much. It's super frustrating.. I really get it. Watch.the.videos. pleaaaseeew

@Preety_India

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

1 minute ago, SamC said:

I don't know you Preety so this is only what I belive.. I think you use the wrong productivity strategy. The general idea of productivity doesn't work for everyone.. it only works for a self few. If you're more creative ( which you are) you need a different approach

See... your mind is like the wind. It has high energy bursts that burn out but replenish quickly. 

These are LIFE CHANGING VIDEOS if you're anything like I described.  It changed everything for me.

Exactly Preety. Wanna know why? - because you're a Vata baby. You're like the wind and you should therefor structure so that you do multiple things at the same time.

Use your energy, passion and interests that you have for life to your advantage. Don't play a different game.

Please please for the sake of your life, not mine watch the videos I shared you. It changed my life. ( you do whatever you want though but I really want you to nail life (: )

You get huge bursts of energy and then you get bored... see you can align your life so that you take advantage of your passion and life energy.

I really feel you. I struggled with this aswell so so much. It's super frustrating.. I really get it. Watch.the.videos. pleaaaseeew

@Preety_India

Hey this was helpful. I will definitely watch the videos.

Thanks for responding to my thread.

@Preety_India

Essentially what you're looking for it to develop self-leadership competencies.

https://positivepsychology.com/self-leadership/

https://positivepsychology.com/developing-self-leadership/

Short of just making yourself accountable to taking action, through shear willpower and build a positive habit that way, there's no quick or simple way to achieve this.

Lack of self-efficacy is often a culprit. The lack of belief that we have the what it takes to complete task, the fuel of procrastination and negative thought processes. Instead of taking action, we turn to theorizing or exploring aspects of of the task, often negative aspects, such as what could go wrong, trying to solutionize and solve potential problems in the mind instead of just doing without entering such unconstructive thought processes. 

Exploring what causes us to procrastinate or postpone helps. It's often some sort of fear, as often is with life. 

There's a lot of material on that site that is useful.

Paradoxically, developing self-leadership takes consistent practice of taking action. 

Catch 22 - what comes first, the hen or the egg? There needs to be a catalyzer.

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

@Eph75 thank you for those suggestions. I'll look into the site and then get back to you later

4 minutes ago, sda said:

@Preety_India I think having a life purpose would be a great solution to this problem. If you can find your life purpose and then align your life with it, this will give you enough motivation to solve this problem and turn yourself into an action machine. The motivation you get from having a high-quality conscious life purpose is positive and sustainable. It wakes you up energetic and excited every morning.

I agree

@Preety_India This should be useful as well, and is part of self-leadership, the taking of 100% responsibly for what is in your experience, consciously moving away from negative states such as justification and blame, and how that makes you motivated and empowered to create change. 

Edited by Eph75

@Preety_India in a word: love.

Healthy motivation comes from love. But pushing against that love, all action has a cost. It takes time and energy, focus and commitment and sometimes courage to act. 

To do anything, that love has to be stronger than the cost of acting. It's like a see-saw. You can either reduce the cost involved or increase the love (motivation). 

It's possible to have fear-based motivation and this can be effective. For example wear a mask or you might spread Covid. But it's a less healthy way to motivate yourself.

There are many ways to reduce the cost of acting: planning, breaking big tasks down into smaller tasks, creating habits, getting others to do things for you, involving others in your plans, building up routine, reducing distractions, setting clear goals, having vision, deadlines. The list is endless. 

So. What do you really love? 

All stories and explanations are false.

How much have you read Orange kind of literature? I personally find myself expressing more healthy Orange traits when I have a book like that in a progress. That action comes much more naturally when I am working on something that's from the same plane, and reading a book is one example of that.

There are some really good classic healthy Orange books with some Green vibes. Stephen Covey's The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People is the most fundamental one I've read, because it kind of lays down a healthy foundation that kind of advocates Orange ends with Green means.

Don't rely on motivation instead rely on discipline and having a good system. If you feel like it or not is irrelevant just do it.

Also instead of being driving by motivation which only last so long. Be Driven by purpose instead which can last for years. 

Edited by BjarkeT

Self discipline is a  habit.doing the things that need to be done is a habit.so read a book tiny habit by bjfogg.it is not the regular reward yourself cue craving bullshit book.its legit and very good book.u can read now and apply it tomarrow morning

swimming-pool-orange-tube-life-buoy-swimming-tube-115629848975g2coujzxi.png

@Preety_India

Given your medical history, I believe there is only one way.

Visualize your main specific goals (max 3) for 15 min. straight, for a period of 90 days, to rewire your subconscious.

This is from Leo's LP course. 

You cannot miss it even for one day no matter what. Do it for 90 days consistently. It will fail if you skip it for even just 1 freakin' day. If you think you are about to die tomorrow still take the time to do this 15 min. exercise, just in case.

At your current point in life, I believe that it will increase your productivity by 3-4 times. About 95 percent probability of success. Allow you to be productive for about 3-4 hours daily consistently for your chosen goal. (5 percent uncertainty is for trauma and depression-related conditions which are hard to predict).

You can build the critical fundamentals as outlined by other people in this thread on top of this. Don't skip the 15 min. routine though.

Edited by captainamerica

Find the feeling place of great and amazing rather than needing the results to feel like you're not flawed. The inspiration drives the project without need of motivation. Stop crapping all over what is essentially your own intuition that you don't want to settle for motivation. It doesn't work anyway. 

In-spiral-ation drives itself. Vortex of creation style.

giphy.gif

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost