blankisomeone

Would you say this is a Zen Devil behavior?

7 posts in this topic

Would you say that getting so excited about life to the point where I literally CANNOT even listen to people's suffering and take it seriously anymore is a Zen Devil behavior? Like just wanting to burst out laughing my ass off when someone comes up to me telling me how depressed they are bla bla bla... I definietly get those bursts of excitement, especially when I manage to bridge the gap of the body-mind schism if only for a minute or two, and I'm sort of hesitant that if this shit becomes permanent I will turn into a zen devil of the sort that can't take people's sufferings seriously anymore

What are your thoughts? Ever experienced the same thing? Connor Murphy is like the epitome of such behavior taken to the highest of extremes :'D

Edited by blankisomeone

Decide for yourself. You don't really need to lower how you feel just because the person next to you is having a bad day. You can protect your own energy as state as the sovergien being you are. Doesn't mean you need to be a dick to others. As long as you aren't abusing others, teachings, etc you are fine. If you find you are making mistakes, hurting others, lying, abusing, playing ego games... then reflect on that and do the work. I don't think any of us are completely free of zen devil (or just regular devil behaviour) like its an on or off swtich. The ego is way to complex. We work on it over time. This is why spiritual identities are problematic because you will likely fail to meet your own expectations of yourself in certain times and contexts. Just focus on doing the work imo. Be a real person. 

Connor Murphy made his living as a youtuber who made prank videos, and took his shirt off in front of women. The guy clearly wasn't going to become an enlightened master in a day. People need to look at his background to really understand why he went the way he did. There was no way he was going to go about spirituality in the same way he had built his whole career and success. Thought, naturally, that is how he went about it. He didn't understand what psychedelics where as he went about them like he would in the gym, etc...  He needed to craft his gourd, but he didn't and got the donkey dick to the intestines. These teachings are a lot for anyone. We will all likely lose our footing, misapply things, make mistakes etc..

Ideally however, we have the integrity and maturity to self reflection and not drag everyone else down with us anymore than we did during our confusion. Connor has no foundation of maturity. It was like giving a shot gun to a toddler. I am wishing Connor well, and hopefully he learns from all of this and becomes a mature human being over the next 10 years.

Being a Zen devil is a real risk and it is more likely that we are Zen Devils than we are fully enlightened or God realized. So, yes. Take that very seriously, and avoid building a spiritual identity. But, keep moving forward. The fruits of spiritual progress are there for you in the end I think. We were, and we are all devils. I am not really into Devil shaming, but devil loving. Applied intelligently that is.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

It’s sneaky in the sense it’s still the beliving there are people, and that before you did experience people’s suffering and now it’s still a thing but you aren’t experiencing it. And then there’s that ‘you’ ‘factor’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Decide for yourself. You don't really need to lower how you feel just because the person next to you is having a bad day. You can protect your own energy as state as the sovergien being you are. Doesn't mean you need to be a dick to others. As long as you aren't abusing others, teachings, etc you are fine. If you find you are making mistakes, hurting others, lying, abusing, playing ego games... then reflect on that and do the work. I don't think any of us are completely free of zen devil (or just regular devil behaviour) like its an on or off swtich. The ego is way to complex. We work on it over time. This is why spiritual identities are problematic because you will likely fail to meet your own expectations of yourself in certain times and contexts. Just focus on doing the work imo. Be a real person. 

Connor Murphy made his living as a youtuber who made prank videos, and took his shirt off in front of women. The guy clearly wasn't going to become an enlightened master in a day. People need to look at his background to really understand why he went the way he did. There was no way he was going to go about spirituality in the same way he had built his whole career and success. Thought, naturally, that is how he went about it. He didn't understand what psychedelics where as he went about them like he would in the gym, etc...  He needed to craft his gourd, but he didn't and got the donkey dick to the intestines. These teachings are a lot for anyone. We will all likely lose our footing, misapply things, make mistakes etc..

Ideally however, we have the integrity and maturity to self reflection and not drag everyone else down with us anymore than we did during our confusion. Connor has no foundation of maturity. It was like giving a shot gun to a toddler. I am wishing Connor well, and hopefully he learns from all of this and becomes a mature human being over the next 10 years.

Being a Zen devil is a real risk and it is more likely that we are Zen Devils than we are fully enlightened or God realized. So, yes. Take that very seriously, and avoid building a spiritual identity. But, keep moving forward. The fruits of spiritual progress are there for you in the end I think. We were, and we are all devils. I am not really into Devil shaming, but devil loving. Applied intelligently that is.

Thanks, that clarifies things

Edited by blankisomeone

When you truly are enlightened all that you care(atleast for me) is bringing everyone to that state. Just making them aweken itself changes their lives for good. Also this is the highest thing you can do to humanity

1 hour ago, Vignan said:

When you truly are enlightened all that you care(atleast for me) is bringing everyone to that state. Just making them aweken itself changes their lives for good. Also this is the highest thing you can do to humanity

Yeah, once you realize infinite love, self acceptance and perfect unity you want to share it with others. But, that requires the right container and not everyone is ready to let go of their suffering. People really hold on to it. They will even demonize you, and call you a Zen Devil and gaslight you. People are scared of love. But, for those who are ready and in their own way, and depending on how you serve them. You will find people to help.  

I by no means perfectly embody these realizations I have had. I am working on it everyday.

The more mature you are spiritually well, the thicker your skin will need to be.

Jealous, envious egos will look for any excuse as to point our your faults and how you aren't enlightened or a good person. I know because I have been on of them. This is why I promote being a real person.

I know people are starting to come to me for wisdom and Qigong, and other things... It feels really good and I am up for the challenge.

Seeing people have breakthroughs, catharsis, and ease of pain into relaxation is so rewarding for me. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@blankisomeone i think that if you were in contact with real human suffering you would see it differently. for example a war or a hospital. You may think that enlightenment is the cure for all suffering, but it is not for everyone. Most people will not know what you are talking about, it is not their way, nor their time. still they are brothers, they are you, and compassion arises spontaneously