Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trenton

Why is white supremacy prevalent?

23 posts in this topic

@Opo

There is a connection between far right political extremism and far right religious extremisim. This has been discussed in sections of the media, particularly after the Capitol riots earlier this year. 

Evangelicalism in particular has become associated with American nationalism, specifically white nationalism, according to some of Obama's advisors (this is a quote from Time mag). 

For example some White Nationalists use Christian symbols to spread messages to racists.  There's a good article on this in Time magazine,  Jan 14, 2021.

There's also a political thread to this. 

I recommend reading Obama's A Promised Land. It's an excellent book that is not only a deeply personal account of the presidency but also attempts to explain the roots of White Nationalism, if you read between the lines, this movement gained traction over years during Obama's presidency. There were certain groups/voters that didn't want a black man in the White House. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

@Surfingthewave What do evangelicals think about the pope? 

When these Christians in Europe start talking shit about the refugees I use Jesus and pope and they calm down. I wonder if that would work on evangelicals.