Karmadhi

Is rice bad for you?

14 posts in this topic

I would like to ask whether rice is healthy neutral or unhealthy for you

I have read posts here about how eleminating carbs is good etc etc and i agree 100 percent when it comes to wheat due to gluten. Gluten is not healthy at all and causes a lot of issues. However, when it comes to rice what is the problem?

Japan for example or south korea eat rice with every meal and people there are quite thin and the life expectancy is very very high. Not only that but they are also really healthy and fit all their lives. You have 70 year olds in Japan still working hard while in America for example they have less energy.

I feel like there is big difference between wheat and rice regarding health and they should not be all packed together into "carbs" group and demonized.

Personally i am quite young, 22 year old and therefore cannot tell much difference in how i feel. I can say that rice, especially white rice digests a lot faster and overall is lighter to eat. That is about it, however the issues rise up after 35 or so, therefore my direct experience here is a bit irrelevant.

I would like your opinions because i plan to eliminate wheat as much as i can and to replace it to some extent with rice and somtimes with potatos (mostly rice though).

Also, i workout and have a fast metabolism, therefore weight gain is something which is not an issue, actually it is something i embrace sometimes. 

Edited by Karmadhi

I eat rice everday. I'm okay with it.

To be honest, all cereals are bad!

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India I have two questions. Firstly why is rice specifically bad?

Secondly, how can i replace rice in terms of energy and calories. If i just eat protein and veggies i will starve myself, tried it. Felt malnurished.

@Karmadhi I actually don't eat the regular white rice.

I eat an expensive brand of rice valled Basmati rice which is specific to my country and it's meant to be easy on digestion and less starch.

1 hour ago, Karmadhi said:

@Preety_India I have two questions. Firstly why is rice specifically bad?

Secondly, how can i replace rice in terms of energy and calories. If i just eat protein and veggies i will starve myself, tried it. Felt malnurished.

This is tricky question. Because energy especially instant energy is quickly produced by carbs. So the urge for carbs is the strongest.

I think you should tag Leo @Leo Gura and ask him about this.

Leo eats chicken and salt and sometimes butter I guess. 

That's all fat. But I don't know if that helps him with instant energy.

You could try Leo's diet and see how it impacts your daily performance..

Personally I'm a vegan. I feel a bit weak and I need to amp up my Nutritional intake. 

I slacked on it 

You reminded me of looking into my diet lol.

@Karmadhi it really depends on the type of rice since there are probably 50 different ones. If you eat rice always look at the fibre content per 100g dry weight. Don't waste time with looking at names those things mean something else in different places.

Look at all the rice available in the store and pick the one with at least 6g+ of fibre per 100g. 

Typical low fibre processed white rice isn't too good but in poorer countries it is an essential source of calories so sometimes there is no way around it. And sometimes it is the only choice. In those cases you gotta add the fibre from elsewhere so blunt the glycemic response.

If your budget allows get one of those big bags. I usually buy 8 kilo bag of high fibre natural rice (9g fibre/100g) . 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

12 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

If i just eat protein and veggies i will starve myself, tried it. Felt malnurished.

Because you forgot about the fat!

More coconut oil, more olive oil, more avocado oil. Animal fat if you're into that. You'll be very satisfied

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

I have always considered rice to be something neutral for myself. Tried many dishes with him, including various desserts. If you include rice-based drinks, then the list is larger.

On 7/22/2021 at 5:20 AM, flowboy said:

Because you forgot about the fat!

More coconut oil, more olive oil, more avocado oil. Animal fat if you're into that. You'll be very satisfied

How much fat should I be consuming a day and what kind? I've been tracking my calories recently and I never know which fat I should be getting and how much.

22 minutes ago, NorthRise said:

How much fat should I be consuming a day and what kind? I've been tracking my calories recently and I never know which fat I should be getting and how much.

Stick to the super-healthy ones like those 3 I named, and then you won't have to worry about the amounts! Just go by how you feel. If your problem of feeling hungry and malnourished is solved, then that is enough.

Fat helps burn fat, so it's good for staying lean too.

Don't misconstrue this as advice to cut out all carbs! Extremes usually end in tears.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/