Husseinisdoingfine

The Republicans are going to win in 2022?

35 posts in this topic

I think we might be fucked. If they take the House, that would not be good of course. But my bet though is on Ron DeSantis winning the presidential nomination and probably the presidency if he goes against someone really unpopular like Kamala. Which is really not good. This guy is the "Trump but smarter" some people have been worrying about for years now.

Then Jeannette Nunez would be the governor of Florida, I think. Then maybe somewhere along the lines Val Zudans might be governor, which would probably make Florida an even worse trash pile than it already is.

I am so exhausted by this partisan gridlock that plagues American politics. For once I just want a Democrat President, and a good Democrat majority in Congress. But this stupid electoral college and gerrymandering makes that so difficult to achieve.

لا إله إلا الله، وليو رسول الله

5 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

But my bet though is on Ron DeSantis winning the presidential nomination

DeSantis is a serious threat.

Hopefully Trump will be too selfish to allow DeSantis the opportunity.

DeSantis would be almost as bad as Trump. He is a more competent and professional version of Trump.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Isn’t it super unlikely since there is a divide i.e. the hardcore trumpists and the more reasonable conservative/republican 

3 minutes ago, Dryas said:

Isn’t it super unlikely since there is a divide i.e. the hardcore trumpists and the more reasonable conservative/republican 

Reasonable Conservatives do of course exist, but have long since been driven from the Republican Party.

A reasonable Conservative might find a home within the Democratic Party or run as a Third Party, but there's no future for them in a Republican Party that's devolved in to an Authoritarian Cult.

"The mind is inherently embodied.
Thought is mostly unconscious.
Abstract concepts are largely metaphorical." - George Lakoff

Let's go guys and gals, team Bernie! TEAM LIBERAL FTW! 

Believe in yourself!

@Leo Gura What makes Ron De Santis so bad?

He kept Florida open, didn't get tempted by authoritarian lockdowns, did not destroy the economy, protected freedom and small businesses.

Result? Covid cases and deaths comparable to others states while the people have stayed free and maintained their livelihood.

What else? Homelessness is low, thousands of businesses moving to Florida from new york and california.

Lots of wealth and opportunity is flooding to his state, Florida is thriving.

That said, will he bend over to the military industrial complex? Yeah probably.

Do the democrats do the same? Yeah partially, war&guns freaks are bi-partisan.

Are the democrats more in bed with big pharma and media corporations? Yes.

So it balances out, what are your pooping your pants about?

@Tobia His policies will be as bad as Trump's and Bush's. Same old libertarianesque bullshit of "Big gov bad" while his corrupt friends try to grift, privatize, and loot everything not nailed down.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Tobia His policies will be as bad as Trump's and Bush's. Same old libertarianesque bullshit of "Big gov bad" while his corrupt friends try to grift, privatize, and loot everything not nailed down.

Republicans may very well be in trouble with upcoming elections because of how much conflict there still is in their party.

I would be more worried about DeSantis than Trump. Trump has blown his load. DeSantis is fresh and has the capacity to lure in many naive moderates. He's not as outwardly ugly as Trump.

The problem with Trump is that he's too obviously a devil. It's so obvious it's laughable. An effective devil needs to be more subtle.

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I would be more worried about DeSantis than Trump. Trump has blown his load. DeSantis is fresh and has the capacity to lure in many naive moderates. He's not as outwardly ugly as Trump.

The problem with Trump is that he's too obviously a devil. It's so obvious it's laughable. An effective devil needs to be more subtle.

What about the Tom Cotton guy, who I rember advocated for calling out the National Guard on protestors last year and allegedly who's ancestors were slave owners as far as I heard (while I guess the last name reveals it) . I heard a while ago some progressives call him a fascist with brains unlike Trump. Where do you think Leo his chances lie in comparison to the electibility of DeSantis for 2024 election?

Edited by Milos Uzelac

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

7 hours ago, diamondpenguin said:

Let's go guys and gals, team Bernie! TEAM LIBERAL FTW! 

Bernie been sleeping on his couch with them mittens to keep his oldie wrinkled hands warm. And while he lay asleep, the choo choo train went by and he missed the train. 

Lmao Bernie is never coming back. His last chance was blown.

INTP loner... .shy girl..

Preety preety

4 hours ago, Milos Uzelac said:

What about the Tom Cotton guy,

I don't think he's got the charisma or charm to be popular.

Tucker Carlson on the other hand....

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Leo is 100% right here. The reason DeSantis's popularity grew is because he said Florida will never lock down again during the Covid pandemic. Imagine if you took that ideology to the rest of the country (NYC, LA) etc. 

15 hours ago, DocWatts said:

Republican Party that's devolved in to an Authoritarian Cult.

Sure, but is the Republican Party also the Trump party? Isn’t it the case that many hardcore trumpists have lost faith in the Republican Party and therefore lost a significant chunk of its base?