caspex

When you deeply accept suffering, it turns into love and beauty

7 posts in this topic

Yes. The Nature of the Absolute.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

oh my this is so true. acceptance of and surrendering to suffering healed and awakened me.

softly into the Abyss...

20 minutes ago, Intraplanetary said:

oh my this is so true. acceptance of and surrendering to suffering healed and awakened me.

Ditto. Well, sort of - a moment of total surrender in the midst of acute suffering led to a glimpse of awakening, though that was really only the start of the journey. Since then I've had to learn how to surrender consciously, which has been challenging to say the least.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@RickyFitts It's a journey for me too. Deep acceptance to what is brings me closer and closer to the truth, and yes, it's very challenging. ego resists and fights back because the more i accept and surrender the more it dissolves.

a lot of trust and courage is required to surrender.

softly into the Abyss...

28 minutes ago, Intraplanetary said:

a lot of trust and courage is required to surrender.

Yep, you've absolutely nailed it in that one sentence :) Wishing you all the best with it, because I know just how tough it can be.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

"When you deeply accept suffering, it turns into love and beauty."

Often, suffering arises because something else was not accepted first.  Delve into the root causes and accept that which has been resisted and denied...and suffering ceases to arise.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel