fopylo

Self image vs dissolving the self

30 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Soulife96 said:

@Leo Gura So chasing success is upper second tier, and "necessary" to integrate, in order to transcend and go up to third tier (spiral dynamics)?  You can't skip achiever stage? 

According to Maslow's Hierarchy of needs, you need to fulfill the lower needs before you can work on self-actualizing. 

You don't really need major success but you need a surplus of air, food, water, security etc before you can focus on self actualizing.

Edited by hyruga

11 hours ago, fopylo said:

@WelcometoReality

But does that mean I'll have a positive self image, or just those general emotions?

Your Self image and world view is based on your feelings. Positive feelings will bring a positive self image. ?

11 hours ago, Matt23 said:

I can imagine things like doing 10-day meditation retreats being great for ego building and self-confidence

How will it strengthen the ego? It seems like the purpose of retreats is to dissolve the ego

@WelcometoReality

Going by that logic, if an enlightened person is experiencing almost infinite levels of happiness does that mean he will have an infinitely powerful self image?

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Obviously pursuing success will interfere with deconstructing reality.

Which is why monks don't pursue success.

Figure out what you want to do in which order.

Success usually requires A LOT of manipulation and illusion.

The pursuit of truth vs the pursuit of success are very different things.

Uhmmmm... didn't you study Law of Attraction? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 7/20/2021 at 8:31 PM, fopylo said:

Self imagine vs dissolving the self.

I am meditating and doing this consciousness work in order to unbind myself from the ego and in order to be free and experience more of reality.

Leo has a video about how building a self image is key to success, but at the same time I don't understand because like building a self image means strengthening your false self and falling deeper into delusion.

There's also this famous book called Psycho Cybernetics which I thought about reading long ago but I haven't because after reading The Power Of Now and watching Leo's videos and meditating, it seems like building a self image will slow the process of dissolving the self.

So basically I'm looking for some guidance to reconcile the two. And also, should I even care about building a self image or am I better trying to dissolve the image?

You already understand, but you pedestal others. You’re not willing to ‘sell your soul’. Good for you. That’s long term wisdom. Integrity. Conscious creating. You’re actually addressing beliefs about yourself which don’t resonate, vs projection. The ‘two’ are already one for you… but you’re trying to believe this is not the case, and creating your own confusion. That is, you are trying to con yourself that there is fusion, two, which you somehow need to ‘fuse’ into one. Stick with your true nature. Keep abiding in good conscience. If it’s been a minute, watch The Matrix, specifically the lesson of the scene about “residual self image”. Understand what’s said there if there is any apparent lack of clarity. Don’t focus on thinking which feels off, and then double-layer with ‘understanding’, justification, rationalization, etc… just don’t focus on the thinking which feels off, conscience wise, in the first place. Which it seems is what you were already doing. There is a long standing story about this called ‘the three little pigs’. Give it a google. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

59 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Uhmmmm... didn't you study Law of Attraction? 

That's child's games compared to awakening.

1 hour ago, fopylo said:

@WelcometoReality

Going by that logic, if an enlightened person is experiencing almost infinite levels of happiness does that mean he will have an infinitely powerful self image?

Not an image.

INFINITE SELF.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

So then why do you talk all the time about killing the ego and dissolving it?

It seems like what you're saying is to build such a strong ego that it becomes so huge until you awaken.

1 hour ago, fopylo said:

@Leo Gura

So then why do you talk all the time about killing the ego and dissolving it?

It seems like what you're saying is to build such a strong ego that it becomes so huge until you awaken.

Deconstruct the finite biographical human self in order to realize the Infinite Cosmic Self.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's child's games compared to awakening.

Heh, well "God" can't die and can't ever grow up either. You could say "God" like planet earth and is dancing around in a ring forever and ever and ever. Sounds like child's games to me. 

No one really grows up until they realize no one really grows up. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost