Preety_India

What are advantages of Stage Orange mentality? Stage Orange is hardest for me.

12 posts in this topic

I'm always struggling to incorporate Stage Orange into my life. Stage Green comes pretty easy to me. Never had issues with that.

But Stage Orange has always been a bit thorny for me.

Maybe the deal will sweeten for me a bit if I'm more aware of the advantages of stage Orange. 

For some reason Stage Orange is the hardest for me 

I feel very comfy at Stage Green and I've easily assimilated a lot of Stage Green values into my life.

I love embodying Stage Green. In fact Stage Green is my damn favourite.

However Stage Orange is always sticking up like a thorn.

I need to slowly soak in stage Orange little by little.

I cannot think of the top of my head any important advantages of Stage Orange other than basic things like discipline and work ethic/ambition etc.

I really wanna know more. 

Would really appreciate if you can list some benefits/advantages of Healthy Stage Orange !

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Hard work, business, entrepreneurship

Independence and self reliance.

confidence and charisma.

money, sex, and luxury. (abundance of material things can be very healthy so long is it is not obsessed over and hoarded in excess).

rationality, logic, science.

analysis and strategic thinking.

creative thinking and innovation.

tangible actions and results. 

The overall big picture I see of the benefits of integrating stage orange include

-getting ones material needs met in abundance (This sets the foundation for all other higher personal development growth).

-embodying independence, self confidence, and charisma.

-learning discipline, hard work, strategy, and efficiency to achieve success in one's life.

-Thinking strategically and creatively in your life to get tangible results.

@Preety_India I'm flattered you asked, lol.  

@Byun Sean Good list!

Do you have trouble integrating Stage Orange because you feel guilty about being ambitious, or taking up space?  I know as women (especially Asian women) we're told to always be nice and never think about yourself.   Guys are raised to believe the opposite, that winning cures everything.

I don't feel much guilt about healthy Stage Orange, which helps with integrating it.  The way I see it, if people get mad at me for healthy Stage Orange behavior, it's a sign they're not a good fit.  I personally don't feel any guilt or remorse going for Stage Orange stuff, even if it upsets people, to be honest.  Of course, I make sure I'm doing it in a healthy way and not hurting other people.  

It feels good to have abundance, to feel empowered, to feel effective in the world.  I also think of the quote by Bertrand Russell, "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.”

If you're Stage Green and above, you have a moral obligation to integrate Stage Orange and use that vitality to help people, because the lower stages ain't gonna do it.  

Also, I think people generally feel guilty about their gifts, like beauty, wealth, math skills, high IQ, athleticism, white privilege even.  The way I see it, God gives you gifts so that you can help others.  So if you feel guilt about your gifts, you're slapping God in the face basically.  Guilt about having gifts is dumb; however, guilt about misusing one's gifts to hurt others selfishly is appropriate and should be heeded.  

Edited by FlyingLotus

Seems like everyone here has already given you the answer and ideas you were looking for. Some images around orange, "Technology", "Science", "Entrepreneurship", 

I see people talk about orange like it equals wealth, but people of all psychology get wealth. 

Maybe what you're looking for is "higher consciousness", rather than absorbing in whatever other ideologies people present. From the lens of spiral dynamics, they might say that a lot of the "people in tier 1" will just feed you more ideology. 

A stage orange integration exercise could be engaging in logical debate a few times. Logic is what you can get from orange memes, if that's what you feel you need to develop. But I'm sure you don't need to be anymore logical than you are since you're INTP ; ) after all.

If I say you aren't INTP, does that offend your sensibilities still? 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Because the excesses of toxic Orange are all around us and obvious to see, it's easy to conflate the worst aspects of excessive Capitalism and gross Materialism for all of Orange.

It's worth keeping in mind that the essence of Orange is that it's the very first genuinely world-centric developmental stage, coming as it did from the Enlightenment.

And as the first truly world-centric stage, it laid the foundations for so many advances that we take for granted today, such as: Human Rights, Representative Democracy, and a more than doubling of human life expectancy as a result of the Scientific Revolution it unleashed.

Deconstructing Myths from SD-Blue that were being used to prop up oppressive Power Structures (such as absolute monarchies) was another genuine accomplishment of Orange.

Just because Orange has introduced new problems that can only be solved at the next Stage (like every other SD-Stage), doesn't rob Orange of its many important contributions.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

15 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

And as the first truly world-centric stage, it laid the foundations for so many advances that we take for granted today, 

Did you mean first world countries?

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

29 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Did you mean first world countries?

I meant in the sense that by transcending a merely ego-centric (Red) and socio-centric worldview (Blue), it became the first Stage capable of a adopting a global (or non ethno-centric) perspective.

The two most prominent ethical paradigms of the Enlightenment, namely Utilitarianism and Deontology, were couched in an ethics which treated human beings as moral agents with intrinsic value, regardless of thier nationality, race or gender. Compare that to the moral systems of the previous stage, where moral concern was only extended to one's own ethnicity or religion, and it's not hard to see the Orange systems of ethics as a huge advance over thier predecessors (even if it was the case that in many ways Orange fell far short of actually living up to these lofty ideals).

Hence why this is the first developmental stage where the notion of Human Rights is conceived of, and where we start to see Liberation movements (such as Women's Suffrage and the Abolition of Slavery). All of which would later be taken up and be more fully realized in Green.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

It's cause you're Pieces, they struggle the most with being ambitious. Maybe there are other ways to express yourself career wise 

it helped me alot when my family left me bc i was gay and i left computer science behind me , i put all my efforts in my bussiness and enrolling in psychology , it was marvelous time......

Why do you think you should integrate more Orange? Where does the idea of doing that arise from?