tsuki

Unknowability

47 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, tsuki said:

@impulse9 @allislove @Moksha @VeganAwake Seems like I have offended your sensitivity using the k-word. Sorry ?

? ? ?

You can contemplate the existence all day long, trying to prove something, making theories about existence - it's literally doesn't change anything - the fact of existence still is. It's like a dog chasing its own tail. Find in the direct experience who is contemplating, what is.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

7 hours ago, tsuki said:

@The0Self  The point was that I am being played by my own mind, which is a possibility that I am open to given what I'm currently grappling with. Acceptance of chronic disease.

So was this thread a distraction to avoid facing the feelings of having a chronic disease?

1 hour ago, Mason Riggle said:

Experience = Limitation

Infinity/Nothing can not be 'experienced' because it is 'without limits'.   Infinity/Nothing has no size. Nothing/Infinity has no shape. Infinity/Nothing has no color. Nothing/Infinity has no smell. Infinity/Nothing has no density. Nothing/Infinity has no boundaries. No qualities.  It can't be 'defined'. It can't be 'described'. It can't be 'experienced'.  Infinity/Nothing can't 'be'. 

well written as usual thank you x

namely experience is duality

truth is non duality

Edited by gettoefl

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

A riddle is a question, not a statement. You can say you are asking a question when you’re actually making a statement, but you will feel the discord of this. No longer making statements while believing you’re asking questions… and being direct rather than indirect… and just asking sincere, articulated straightforward questions… will resolve this for you.  

If that seems zen, riddler-ish or vague, I’ll say it this way: this is existential rumination. This has absolutely nothing to do with existentialism, and it is a game of pretend to believe it does. This has only to do with your desires, and your doubt, and your closing of the gap between the two. 

@Nahm I think that I understand where I got lost. I was asking questions about experience in general, which is a concept. This is where I got lost in abstractions and asking thoughts about thoughts. My original inquiry about particular kinds of experience felt good and and inspiring, while that road was confusing, maddening and painful. Glad that I got that one straightened out.

This rabbit hole taught me to articulate something that I couldn't articulate properly for a long time.
The highly capable intellect, by itself, is obviously neither helpful, nor does it equal intelligence. While it gives more capability to articulate the answers clearly, it also presents more opportunities to ask unhelpful questions. So, at best - it just gives more responsibility.

Thank you all, especially @The0Self and @ZzzleepingBear .

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

46 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

So was this thread a distraction to avoid facing the feelings of having a chronic disease?

@WelcometoReality No, it was the context in which I asked the questions about limitation. I am still in the process of integrating this. I think that it was a step in the right direction. For the longest time I was unable to act intelligently in response to this disease, and I find the diagnosis to be a kind of relief. Before, I was feeling helpless and thinking that it was unknowable. Like I said, I am still integrating.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

22 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

well written as usual thank you x

namely experience is duality

truth is non duality

“To "know" reality you cannot stand outside it and define it; you must enter into it, be it, and feel it.” - Alan Watts

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."