Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NoN-RaTiOnAL

would appreciate your opinions on my situation

5 posts in this topic

so at about age 21 i did leo's course on LP and figured i value truth, humor, honesty and playfulness. wasnt sure yet what i should do with that and decided ill wonder around for a while and get a taste of different stuff. I got to try very diverse fields of career including: animation, video editing, acting, writing, psychotherapy, online marketing, education and yoga. now im 24. what really stuck with me were the worlds of acting, writing(specifically blogs and scripts), psychology, philosophy and spirituality. 

i find that im at my best when in front of a crowd or a class or a camera, im generally introverted but when the eyes are on me something new comes out of me and gets me out of my head into a pleasant state of being in the moment. i prefer working with grown ups. studying my own psyche is very interesting to me and much of my creative inspiration comes from these worlds of psychology. philosophy and spirituality. i love exploring and talking about these topics and would also like to even create a play or video clips which would introduce people to these big questions and explore the human condition. im not talking about the "talking head" type of videos but maybe something more theatrical and story-like. not yet sure what specifically. thats the general idea. 

what concerns me now is how do i balance this whole thing with my practical life? im gettting older and dont have a decent job yet.. 
im still at the theoretical level of figuring stuff out and i live by myself (left my parents home because i come from a problematic family and couldnt let myself stay there, no way im coming back) im doing deliveries and it pays pretty well and also not exhausting so i can keep following up on pursuing my LP.
but heres the problem - its becoming frightening to keep it like that.. i dunno how much time its going to take me to start doing this thing im after and even more so for it to become something that pays the bills aswell. all the stuff i tried i wasnt studying seriously, i was just getting a taste from that to get a sense of how it makes me feel so i can make a passionate decision in my LP. i need to spend a good few couple of years mastering the writing, acting and editing skills required to do what i feel passionate about, i would also like to find a couple of likeminded people to cooperate with. the deliveries business has grown due to the pandemic and i have no idea if its going to stay profitable in the near future and i need to maintain my home responsibilities - pay the bills, the rent. goceries, cleaning etc.. i also try to build healthy habits in my life and i spend time cooking healthy meals, meditating and doing sport aswell. 
im also in a relationship and have good friends with which i want to mainatain the friendship and meeting with. 
this requires a very comlicated balancing act i try to maintain carefully with not much success usually haha.. 
usually one kind of resposibilty trumps the other. 

do you guys think i should maybe spend some time looking for a better paying more secure (but practical and less passionate) job? maybe learn some practical course on say online marketing? or is it just going to be a waste of time and i should put all my attention on learing the skills required for my LP? 
if this process of learing the skills for my LP is going to take until my late 20's i would feel ashamed if id still be putting out deliveries at that age.. so i dunno if maybe i should be planning out a plan b if this process would get me nowhere.. do you think i should just take the risk? 

@NoN-RaTiOnAL what exactly is the job like speficially if you pursue your life purpose? What are entry level of this job? Are there present job opportunities for these? 

On 7/20/2021 at 4:38 AM, NoN-RaTiOnAL said:

so at about age 21 i did leo's course on LP and figured i value truth, humor, honesty and playfulness. wasnt sure yet what i should do with that and decided ill wonder around for a while and get a taste of different stuff. I got to try very diverse fields of career including: animation, video editing, acting, writing, psychotherapy, online marketing, education and yoga. now im 24. what really stuck with me were the worlds of acting, writing(specifically blogs and scripts), psychology, philosophy and spirituality. 

i find that im at my best when in front of a crowd or a class or a camera, im generally introverted but when the eyes are on me something new comes out of me and gets me out of my head into a pleasant state of being in the moment. i prefer working with grown ups. studying my own psyche is very interesting to me and much of my creative inspiration comes from these worlds of psychology. philosophy and spirituality. i love exploring and talking about these topics and would also like to even create a play or video clips which would introduce people to these big questions and explore the human condition. im not talking about the "talking head" type of videos but maybe something more theatrical and story-like. not yet sure what specifically. thats the general idea. 

what concerns me now is how do i balance this whole thing with my practical life? im gettting older and dont have a decent job yet.. 
im still at the theoretical level of figuring stuff out and i live by myself (left my parents home because i come from a problematic family and couldnt let myself stay there, no way im coming back) im doing deliveries and it pays pretty well and also not exhausting so i can keep following up on pursuing my LP.
but heres the problem - its becoming frightening to keep it like that.. i dunno how much time its going to take me to start doing this thing im after and even more so for it to become something that pays the bills aswell. all the stuff i tried i wasnt studying seriously, i was just getting a taste from that to get a sense of how it makes me feel so i can make a passionate decision in my LP. i need to spend a good few couple of years mastering the writing, acting and editing skills required to do what i feel passionate about, i would also like to find a couple of likeminded people to cooperate with. the deliveries business has grown due to the pandemic and i have no idea if its going to stay profitable in the near future and i need to maintain my home responsibilities - pay the bills, the rent. goceries, cleaning etc.. i also try to build healthy habits in my life and i spend time cooking healthy meals, meditating and doing sport aswell. 
im also in a relationship and have good friends with which i want to mainatain the friendship and meeting with. 
this requires a very comlicated balancing act i try to maintain carefully with not much success usually haha.. 
usually one kind of resposibilty trumps the other. 

do you guys think i should maybe spend some time looking for a better paying more secure (but practical and less passionate) job? maybe learn some practical course on say online marketing? or is it just going to be a waste of time and i should put all my attention on learing the skills required for my LP? 
if this process of learing the skills for my LP is going to take until my late 20's i would feel ashamed if id still be putting out deliveries at that age.. so i dunno if maybe i should be planning out a plan b if this process would get me nowhere.. do you think i should just take the risk?

Overall, sounds to me like you're in a great spot in life.

You're only 21 years old and you're already worried about being too old. This is silly and counter-productive. You haven't even begun to live yet. Yes, invest time building your foundation and skill set. Yes, it will be a tricky balancing act that only you can figure out through personal experimentation. So being experimenting.

You're perfectly positioned for big success. But big success requires laying a foundations for 3-10 years. So set the proper expectations in your mind for what you are doing. It is okay that you don't know yet exactly how you will combine all these various skills and interests. You will figure that out over the next 5-10 years as you get your hands dirty with the work. So don't worry too much about that. Just start taking action and making your best guesses. It will all get massively refined over the next 5-10 years until eventually you'll know exactly what your niche is.

You may feel you are behind the curve and late to the party, but actually you're way ahead of most people. Be ware of psyching yourself. Be ware of self-sabotaging negative thoughts. Focus all your mental energy on being constructive and productive.

It is smart to design your life so that you have enough financial breathing room to build the skills you wanna build and do the work you wanna do. If it takes you a few years to set that up, that's totally worth the investment. Then again, you can also design a situation where you work a low-effort job which allows you plenty of free time on the side to work on your projects. Both strategies can be viable, it just depends on your situation.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 24.7.2021 at 5:59 PM, Leo Gura said:

Overall, sounds to me like you're in a great spot in life.

You're only 21 years old and you're already worried about being too old. This is silly and counter-productive. You haven't even begun to live yet. Yes, invest time building your foundation and skill set. Yes, it will be a tricky balancing act that only you can figure out through personal experimentation. So being experimenting.

You're perfectly positioned for big success. But big success requires laying a foundations for 3-10 years. So set the proper expectations in your mind for what you are doing. It is okay that you don't know yet exactly how you will combine all these various skills and interests. You will figure that out over the next 5-10 years as you get your hands dirty with the work. So don't worry too much about that. Just start taking action and making your best guesses. It will all get massively refined over the next 5-10 years until eventually you'll know exactly what your niche is.

You may feel you are behind the curve and late to the party, but actually you're way ahead of most people. Be ware of psyching yourself. Be ware of self-sabotaging negative thoughts. Focus all your mental energy on being constructive and productive.

It is smart to design your life so that you have enough financial breathing room to build the skills you wanna build and do the work you wanna do. If it takes you a few years to set that up, that's totally worth the investment. Then again, you can also design a situation where you work a low-effort job which allows you plenty of free time on the side to work on your projects. Both strategies can be viable, it just depends on your situation.

hmm currently im already 24. i explained in the post i spent a couple of years trying out different stuff to figure out what im passionate about in life. 
so idk i think about pursuing acting more seriously now which might take about 4 years and than ill already be around 29 and still probably passing deliveries and it sucks to think about that, but yeah maybe youre right and its just about a change in my paradigm. i should just focus on being productive while survivng in the best way i can and just get myself out of there as i will understand my niche better.