Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terell Kirby

Mindfulness interfering w/ sleep?

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone else encountered this? Usually with long stretches of meditation, I can have problems with sleep.

As I lay and close my eyes for slumber, it feels the same as on the meditation cushion. I like being ultra aware but not when I’m trying to get a good 8 hours in ?

Adding a short Yin yoga or Qigong set to help you balance your in and yang energies could be useful. I find when I meditate after a good Qigong set at night I am off to have the deepest sleep.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I've had issues with waking up in the middle of the night and also with having rather disturbing, upsetting dreams at times, which I'm assuming is related to my meditation practice, but I haven't particularly had issues with actually falling asleep. Maybe it depends on the type of meditation you're doing? I practice breath meditation with the simple emphasis on physical relaxation, which seems to help me drift off when I go to bed.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Breath meditation with the simple emphasis on physical relaxation has also helped me with sleep problems