jimwell

The Best and Worst of Stage Blue (Japan)

28 posts in this topic

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing this. 
I've long admired japan from a distance, but I know I would feel boxed-in if I lived there. One critique I'd like to add is that in Japan, as with many blue cultures, intimacy gets lost in social rules and politeness. Belonging comes from being a part of a social system rather than actual intimate connections. I think that lack of intimacy and connection is where all the sexual dysfunctions, hikikomori, and suicides come from.

Edited by martins name

The road to God is paved with bliss.

@jimwell why did u turn into a rebel ,man.now what will u do.u have to return to your country right.u could have blend into the system and just shut your eyes until u get some independence.

Edited by itachi uchiha

6 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

@jimwell why did u turn into a rebel ,man.now what will u do.u have to return to your country right.u could have blend into the system and just shut your eyes until u get some independence.

I am the real wolf, not Donald Trump. ?

Being a sheep repulses me. I am inherently integrous, I honor my highest values, many times above my survival. This is God's gift (and curse) to me. My life is naturally difficult. I reach the highest levels which makes people envy to death, but I also fall to levels people are scared to death to be at. And people either really love and admire me or really hate me, never average.

The recent tragedy and losses were too big and shocking that I asked myself the questions you asked me. But in the end, I was happy with what I did. I can't live my life being fake and repulsed. The tragedy and losses are temporary. I can recreate my past "good" life and even make it bigger. But this time, I am planning to be financially self-sustainable and resilient so that even if I experience tragedies in the future, which I am prone to, my survival won't be threatened that much. I mean in the past, I lacked proper financial investments.

6 hours ago, martins name said:

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing this. 
I've long admired japan from a distance, but I know I would feel boxed-in if I lived there. One critique I'd like to add is that in Japan, as with many blue cultures, intimacy gets lost in social rules and politeness. Belonging comes from being a part of a social system rather than actual intimate connections. I think that lack of intimacy and connection is where all the sexual dysfunctions, hikikomori, and suicides come from.

Japan is still a very good place to live in if you are an introvert, self-reliant, and self-satisfied. It's a very clean and organized country, and Japanese are very respectful and polite to you. It's good because you really don't need to be close to them anyway. They are the best strangers on the street or acquaintances.

And yes, you can't really have a close, genuine connection to them. They can't even be genuine to themselves, because they need to conform to their family and society. They always betray themselves to avoid trouble and shame. But to be fair, my Japanese ex-wife was better than most, but her Blue core was still running in the background of her soul, unfortunately.

There are many weird and pathetic things in Japan aside from sexual dysfunctions, hikikomori, and suicides as a direct result of extreme collectivism. Another one is "salaryman" (a man who works at an office for a salary) go to hostess clubs after overtime work. Guess what their purpose is; it's not sex. They spend a fortune to talk to girls to boost their self-esteem. They eat too much shit at work that they need to recharge by being willfully deceived by the hostesses. They need to do it, otherwise they will have the alternative, which are "karoshi" (death by overwork) and major depression. I'm not joking.

Thanks I am really into Japan and I always knew there is something strange about its culture. 

As I can see its problems are not only locally loyal, as I can see these human problems as conditional laws that were founded in our past history, that no longer have much value in a modern western world. The western world has its own set of problems too besides its past baggage, and I believe the solution to these problems will auto correct these long standing issues as well. 

I do not hold any answers. 

@jimwell Korea is the same. But....

Adding to this... Korea has ageism. This one is by far the worst. If only South Korea understood how idolizing elders over youngsters brings so much ineffectiveness. People on other countries have no idea how this idolization is drastically far worse than even China and Japan. If Korea was able to discard this aspect, I think we could soar much more than we are capable of right now. I even think Korea could dominate the economy of other countries just how Japan did in the 90s 80s. (you could see how much I'm passionate about this subject in my culture) 

This "Samurai" aspect of Japan serves one of the things that I respect most. It's the "may the best man win" is what intrigues me and makes me respect Japan. Korea is more about status and appearance. Confucianism had impacted this a lot. Whereas Japan has more of a Taoist or Buddhist ideal in their culture, in which status and appearance may not be so important as confucius ideals.

Many say religion has no impact on culture and our lives. Bullshit. Christianity had impacted western culture to its maximum. Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism on Asia, and this is how we live such different lives on different sides of the Earth. 

How do you see Korea? I'm curious 

Edited by charlie cho