SQAAD

This Episode Of Leo Terrifies me

57 posts in this topic

That episode does seem frightening, but pause for a minute and observe your direct experience. All these thoughts you're having refer to an imaginary future. That should tell you something.

Edited by nistake

3 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Nahm

Me not wanting to experience many gruesome things i've seen and the inevitability of it is a tough pill to shallow.

Wow you must’ve had one heckuva vision.

On the other hand though… what you’ve seen can not in truth be inevitable. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Seraphim

I am the Self so i AM all those scary things.

I had the same thoughts as you regarding this lol.

I guess though it is only scary to the human self, the Self isn't frightened by anything, it only observes fear without attachment. Hm. And those things already happened so the Self already endured them. And all things in the future too since there's no time.

@nistake

18 hours ago, nistake said:

That episode does seem frightening, but pause for a minute and observe your direct experience. All these thoughts you're having refer to an imaginary future. That should tell you something.

Yes but Leo says ''You will Experience EVERYTHING.''

@Nahm

18 hours ago, Nahm said:

Wow you must’ve had one heckuva vision.

On the other hand though… what you’ve seen can not in truth be inevitable. 

Why you say that it can't be inevitable?

15 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Nahm

Why you say that it can't be inevitable?

What is already seen, is already seen. 

What is not yet seen, is not yet seen. 

18 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@nistake

Here's the thing: you've experienced everything and you're experiencing everything right now. You'll continue doing so for infinity.

What's important to notice is that Leo was talking about the Absolute 'You', not the relative 'you'.

Only Halloween special that terrified me

Is enlightenment a very urgent goal, if we really don't want to suffer or cause suffering? Leo said at some point everyone will be enlightened from physical death (aside from the fact they already are I mean). Should I worry that to not have enough meditation practice or psychedelics experience? Or should I just enjoy the ride and keep a smooth approach?

Is everything going to be okay? please answer

10 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@nistake

And you believe that?

I'm not arguing with Leo.  I'm saying YOU are believing him and then using that belief as the basis for a strong mental conceptualization, rooted in your own ego, self-bias, aversion, and delusion, and thus causing your own suffering.

Stop doing that.  Stop believing, stop conceptualizing, stop craving and clinging, stop creating fantasies and their associated self-image reflections and body-mind feelings.  From "God's" perspective this delusion does not exist, and thus experiencing these things is not suffering for God.  It is only suffering as imagined by your finite separate self / ego.  You cannot integrate this from that perspective, and thinking about it conceptually like this is really a mistaken endeavor.  Free yourself first.

@Nahm

On 21/7/2021 at 3:57 PM, Nahm said:

What is already seen, is already seen. 

What is not yet seen, is not yet seen. 

Yes but that still doesn't escape me from experiencing Everything and all those gore videos i've watched.

16 hours ago, Nahm said:

@SQAAD

What is conjecture?

Non duality is not a conjecture.

@Flyboy

14 hours ago, Flyboy said:

Stop doing that.  Stop believing, stop conceptualizing, stop craving and clinging, stop creating fantasies and their associated self-image reflections and body-mind feelings.  From "God's" perspective this delusion does not exist, and thus experiencing these things is not suffering for God.  It is only suffering as imagined by your finite separate self / ego.  You cannot integrate this from that perspective, and thinking about it conceptually like this is really a mistaken endeavor.  Free yourself first.

Maybe it is not suffering for God but sure it is for me.

@SQAAD

Deflection & defensiveness is contraction. For the relief, google it. Understand what you are directly experiencing. If you don’t recognize conjecture you remain enslaved to it. Arguably worse (feeling wise), you are participating in the contagion of it. 

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

Yes but that still doesn't escape me from experiencing Everything and all those gore videos i've watched.

Likewise with this. The belief is you’re experiencing the videos, and thus it seems there is a you which could or couldn’t escape the experience. The direct experience is of the thoughts of the videos, revealing you are prior to whatever you are focusing on. The narrative of un-empowerment falls away naturally with realizing you’re in control of what you put in front of you, what you are watching, so to speak. 

Have you considered the radical possibility that Leo might be completely wrong on this?

So yes, it's scary if he's right. Or maybe heaven is real and there is a separation between creator and created. Or maybe there is nothing and Leo is just playing inside his brain.

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

@mp22

2 hours ago, mp22 said:

Have you considered the radical possibility that Leo might be completely wrong on this?

So yes, it's scary if he's right. Or maybe heaven is real and there is a separation between creator and created. Or maybe there is nothing and Leo is just playing inside his brain.

Yes but Leo being wrong about this flies out of the window when i am having the non-dual mystical awakenings.

31 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@mp22

Yes but Leo being wrong about this flies out of the window when i am having the non-dual mystical awakenings.

You mean while taking psychedelics?

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

8 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Flyboy

Maybe it is not suffering for God but sure it is for me.

But don't you see, if there is no YOU, then your suffering is the direct result of your delusion.  They are interconnected and co-dependent.  While unraveling your delusion all the way is quite the task (ie. full enlightenment), reducing your suffering can happen immediately by changing how you look at things and by breaking the links of delusion one by one.  

In this case, notice that you are creating a conceptual imaginary field of experience in which you are solidifying the "idea" of having other people's experiences, and also notice that you deem those experiences "bad" through the lense of your own self-biased ego and personal survival perspective.  That's like saying I would never wear your pants, because they wouldn't fit me! :)  In this way you start to unravel the coarse level of illusion, and with it, coarse solidified levels of suffering.

Eventually, you can deconstruct reality at finer and finer levels to reduce suffering more and more (such as realizing that even the feeling of good and bad is itself a solidification of smaller and smaller sensations, impermanent, and not to be identified with).  This process applies to agency, identity, duality, time, space, and every possible mind state.  With each dissolution and disidentification, you expand and open while suffering diminishes.  In the end all dualities collapse, subject and object vanish, and there is Only This :D

Edited by Flyboy

@mp22

17 hours ago, mp22 said:

You mean while taking psychedelics?

Mostly yes. I've had some awakenings sober too.

@Flyboy

16 hours ago, Flyboy said:

But don't you see, if there is no YOU, then your suffering is the direct result of your delusion.  They are interconnected and co-dependent.  While unraveling your delusion all the way is quite the task (ie. full enlightenment), reducing your suffering can happen immediately by changing how you look at things and by breaking the links of delusion one by one.  

In this case, notice that you are creating a conceptual imaginary field of experience in which you are solidifying the "idea" of having other people's experiences, and also notice that you deem those experiences "bad" through the lense of your own self-biased ego and personal survival perspective.  That's like saying I would never wear your pants, because they wouldn't fit me! :)  In this way you start to unravel the coarse level of illusion, and with it, coarse solidified levels of suffering.

Eventually, you can deconstruct reality at finer and finer levels to reduce suffering more and more (such as realizing that even the feeling of good and bad is itself a solidification of smaller and smaller sensations, impermanent, and not to be identified with).  This process applies to agency, identity, duality, time, space, and every possible mind state.  With each dissolution and disidentification, you expand and open while suffering diminishes.  In the end all dualities collapse, subject and object vanish, and there is Only This :D

Yes you made some good points. I try to avoid projecting myself into the future. But still the understanding/knowing that you are God can be frightening at times. It can be a hard pill to shallow.