Emerald

A Metaphor for Pick Up in Relation to Female Sexuality

122 posts in this topic

On 20/07/2021 at 4:44 AM, soos_mite_ah said:

And that's why pick up has a 1-2% success rate. 

I mean that's better than 0% as far as attractiveness goes but yeah, most women don't usually respond to cold approaches. 

It is possible to have much higher "success rate" than that.

Actually most women can respond positively to a cold approach if the guy is attractive enough and coming from the right place. Doesn't mean it will lead to sex though. Many women are in relationships.

On 19/07/2021 at 10:49 PM, Emerald said:

Now, one of my main gripes about pick-up (though I do understand why it exists), is that it presents an inaccurate view of female sexuality while simultaneously being thoroughly convinced that it's got an accurate view to where puas advocate not listening to women at all about their desires.

And it's a shame because women really need to feel seen and understood to feel intimacy and satisfaction in a relationship with a man. And being with a man who won't/can't give you that from the female perspective, is as boring and dry as being with a woman who never even touches your penis from the male perspective.

Can you elaborate on the inaccurate view of female sexuality present in pick up ?