Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gianna

Bernardo Kastrup

8 posts in this topic

How do you guys feel about Bernardo's writing style? I don't think I'm a fan. Too bad, he has such great writing topics.

On 7/18/2021 at 3:12 PM, Gianna said:

How do you guys feel about Bernardo's writing style? I don't think I'm a fan. Too bad, he has such great writing topics.

yeah im not a fan as well, i believe he could use less overly technical terms to make his ideas easier to understand. 

I haven't read Bernardo Castrup's books yet, but I'm interested. Now I'm studying at university, and I don't always have time to read, but this author interested me. Now I'm working on an essay about gender stereotypes, some of the information I found on the website https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/gender-stereotypes/, it gave me a good impetus to write. Maybe I can find more new thoughts and ideas in Bernardo Castrup's books. 

I will come for sure with my opinion after reading one of his books, by the way, which one should I read?

Thanks! Or better not to waste my time? and so I don't have much free time. Unfortunately, the assignments from college occupy all my time, and sometimes I have to use some services in order to cope with everything. I have also used the best dissertation writing services when I had to write it in a short time.

Edited by donnaclarkxu88

I have read "Brief Peeks Beyond", "The Idea of the World" and "Why Materialism is Baloney". I get your criticism of the writing style. They are also quite repetitive. But I think it's important that someone writes about these topics in Academic Journals, because his opinion are far from beeing mainstream. Because he writes academic papers, he has to use all the philosophical terms and can not rely on metaphors as Rupert Spira does. He would not get published, if he did. Rupert Spira said in an interview that their philosophies are quite similar. Ruperts Books are easier to read.

Do you know the "Theories of everything"  Podcast with Curt Jaimungal? Curt talked with both - Rupert Spira and Bernado Kastrup. It's a great ressource if you want to learn about Bernados philosophy.

(@Leo Gura recorded an episode with Curt aswell. It's really long, but worth it.)