Blackhawk

Leo about the holocaust in the new episode

53 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, The0Self said:

Fairly certain you're taking something out of context. It's a very specific context in question that's pretty hard to misunderstand if you know what's being talked about here.

My statement is clear and I believe I have the right context 

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

We're talking more about the screen here. About the holocaust. 

If we were talking about the movie, we would ask bigger questions like:

Does good or evil exist?

To my knowledge, the screen is being, now, while the movie is all events and things that happen/ed in time. 

For example, from the screen point of view, that building didn't get blown up, because the screen is untouched, but from the movie point of view it did and it affects the story. Rather clear and simple analogy not easy to misunderstand. 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

2 hours ago, Dodo said:

To my knowledge, the screen is being, now, while the movie is all events and things that happen/ed in time. 

For example, from the screen point of view, that building didn't get blown up, because the screen is untouched, but from the movie point of view it did and it affects the story. Rather clear and simple analogy not easy to misunderstand. 

Which is strange because you seemed to be casting judgement on someone saying basically what you just did.

15 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Which is strange because you seemed to be casting judgement on someone saying basically what you just did.

oh now I understand what you mean, no judgement, I misunderstood your comment you were right 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

5 minutes ago, Dodo said:

oh now I understand what you mean, no judgement, I misunderstood your comment you were right 

All good :)

On 7/18/2021 at 1:11 PM, Blackhawk said:

He said "I'm not interested in arguing whether the holocaust happened or didn't happen. That's irrelevant."

I think he should have said that the holocaust did happen.

The holocaust is the most evil act in the history of mankind. Hell came to earth and millions of people suffered like never before.

So the seriousness and severity of the holocaust cannot be overstated. So it's wrong to leave even a small questionmark whether the holocaust happened or didn't happen.

Millions of people might watch the video.

You are wrong. The video was not about taking stand regarding the actuality of event that took place, no matter how earth shaking you think it is. This is not about making more assumptions and interpretations, or spitting out beliefs and dogmas. It is about inspecting them.

If you can't shake off your attachments and interpretations regarding the holocaust when contemplating or in the context of epistemological inquiry, you are simply not mature.

@Dodo

On 19/07/2021 at 5:55 PM, Dodo said:

Ah, the example about time, past and future is a movie, while the screens is present moment. Actually, I'm pointing not to time, but to meta.

A better example maybe: onion layers. You are attached and identified to one millimetre of one layer, that has a thought story, emotional meaning and self identity to the event. Going meta means going to the outer layers, and seeing it from a larger distance. Keep going, and that layer will just be a slither of the universe. That was what I meant with the screen and movie analogy, you are stuck in one frame, about a particular event, while going meta means that you live other frames, until you become the whole movie. Get it?

You could also go 'mesa' as well, that is to zoom in on particular points in an event, and keep reducing it to its parts, until the event as a whole gets un recognized and not as triggering.

I am one of Leo's critics (even if I have always liked the practical content) but I understood that the "political" reality of the holocaust was not in question in the example he gave.

Having said that Leo's view of reality remind me of O'brien's from 1984, more specifically this exchange:

Winston: "But the world itself is only a speck of dust. And man is tiny — helpless! How long has he been in existence? For millions of years the earth was uninhabited."

O'brien: "Nonsense. The earth is as old as we are, no older. How could it be older? Nothing exists except through human consciousness." 

Winston: "But the rocks are full of the bones of extinct animals — mammoths and mastodons and enormous reptiles which lived here long before man was ever heard of "

O'brien: "Have you ever seen those bones, Winston? Of course not. Nineteenth- century biologists invented them. Before man there was nothing. After man, if he could come to an end, there would be nothing. Outside man there is nothing."

''I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get'' (NapoleonBonaparte).

"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull. You will learn by degrees, Winston. There is nothing that we could not do. Invisibility, levitation—anything. I could float off this floor like a soap bubble if I wish to. I do not wish to, because the Party does not wish it. You must get rid of those nineteenth-century ideas about the laws of Nature. We make the laws of Nature." (1984)

1 hour ago, mp22 said:

I am one of Leo's critics (even if I have always liked the practical content) but I understood that the "political" reality of the holocaust was not in question in the example he gave.

Having said that Leo's view of reality remind me of O'brien's from 1984, more specifically this exchange:

Winston: "But the world itself is only a speck of dust. And man is tiny — helpless! How long has he been in existence? For millions of years the earth was uninhabited."

O'brien: "Nonsense. The earth is as old as we are, no older. How could it be older? Nothing exists except through human consciousness." 

Winston: "But the rocks are full of the bones of extinct animals — mammoths and mastodons and enormous reptiles which lived here long before man was ever heard of "

O'brien: "Have you ever seen those bones, Winston? Of course not. Nineteenth- century biologists invented them. Before man there was nothing. After man, if he could come to an end, there would be nothing. Outside man there is nothing."

Someone who gets it.

"Better to be in the company of someone who can talk about holocaust denial for 5 hours, than be in the company of someone who cannot talk about the holocaust for more than 5 minutes."

Random Dude.

13 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Can you at least type in the comments something along the lines of ''no I am not a holocaust denier''.

Can you at least type in the comments ''no I am not homophobic?"

Recently I made a post about how future males will definitely suck cock as a standard practice before making a decision on their sexuality.

I noticed you didn't reply to this. What the hell?

Edited by cookiemonster

For what it's worth I absolutely loathe people who have strong convictions about the holocaust but who are not able to talk about it in academic terms.

Yes... we are ultimately the same. And I love you. I really do.

But dude, at the very least please understand that even before you get into the wild reeds of holocaust denial, you still have to contend with the dissonance of the official narrative,

There is a Holocaust narrative that comes from Hollywood, and there is a Holocaust narrative that comes from academia.

The Hollywood narrative about the Holocaust revolves around Hitler. The official narrative about the Holocaust revolves around Himmler.

It really is two different worlds, but you wouldn't know that unless you had started to actually do the work.

lol I knew someone would make a post about it.

The point is, you weren't there in the holocaust, someone told you about it or you read it somewhere, the holocaust is just a belief.
You being born to your parents is just a belief.
Our Solar System having 8 planets is just a belief.

Leo's video is about taking power away from those beliefs and being more intimate with your direct experience.

@Mafortu

25 minutes ago, Mafortu said:

lol I knew someone would make a post about it.

The point is, you weren't there in the holocaust, someone told you about it or you read it somewhere, the holocaust is just a belief.
You being born to your parents is just a belief.
Our Solar System having 8 planets is just a belief.

Leo's video is about taking power away from those beliefs and being more intimate with your direct experience.

How convenient.

And the funny thing is that you are dead certain that aliens have visited and are visiting earth. But the holocaust happened? Naah..

Edited by Blackhawk

17 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

@Leo Gura Can you at least type in the comments something along the lines of ''no I am not a holocaust denier''.

You should read the warning in the video's description box.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The real question is-

Do you really need Leo to tell you if the holocaust happened ?

You people watch Leo like republicans watch Fox News 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

The real question is-

Do you really need Leo to tell you if the holocaust happened ?

You people watch Leo like republicans watch Fox News 

The answer is no. At least for me.