evolving55555

"Only insane people have a purpose" - Sadhguru

32 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Good to see Sadhguru learning from my teachings.

??

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

??

This just keeps happening.  I hold some "controversial" view that Greens hate me for, then years later I hear some celebrity/authority declares my old "controversial" view as truth.  And suddenly it's no longer controversial and even goes mainstream.

11 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

This just keeps happening.  I hold some "controversial" view that Greens hate me for, then years later I hear some celebrity/authority declares my old "controversial" view as truth.  And suddenly it's no longer controversial and even goes mainstream.

Is this a troll? ?

13 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Is this a troll? ?

Nope, I don't think so.

But, like, simulation theory was "crazy" a few years ago, now every youtuber is talking about it.  And I'm like "Hey! I was talking about this shit before it was even cool! L-Like a decade ago! And you guys were all like "that's stupid!""

Edited by thisintegrated

2 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Nope, I don't think so.

But, like, simulation theory was "crazy" a few years ago, now every youtuber is talking about it.  And I'm like "Hey! I was talking about this shit before it was even cool! L-Like a decade ago! And you guys were all like "that's stupid!""

You're one cool dude, man ?

“It’s good to have a plan, but it’s more important to have a purpose. If you have a purpose, plans will evolve and manifest. We must understand this. That plans are logical manifestations of how to fulfill a purpose. But when you get too attached to the plans, you may end up not fulfilling the purpose, because plans will be going in a linear fashion, and the purpose may shift. The planet is round, everything in the universe is circular, so as it shifts, you will have to shift your plans, but never let go of the purpose. Only when you have a single-minded sense of purpose will this dimension that we refer to as consciousness will come into play, otherwise we’ll be crippled by our own little logic we have, our own little information we have. Something beyond your logical aspect of life, beyond the information you have, will not happen in your life if you are attached to your plans. You must just be focused on your purpose, plans will evolve and manifest as it is necessary.” - 

I agree with sadghuru. 

I do have a Life purpose But Im conscious IS totally a Game and a theatre to entertain myself and have fun.

I think sadghuru means It in that sense, most people understand Life purpose as something crucial to do or something they were put on this earth to do. That thinking can become neurotic and needy.

Do What you most like to do in Life, But be concious is you Who attach the meaning and importance to It 

Edited by Javfly33

On 7/17/2021 at 11:20 PM, evolving55555 said:

Excerpts from the video, Sadhguru's speech:
“Isn’t it fantastic that if there’s no purpose, you have nothing to fulfill, you can just live? No, but you want a purpose and not a simple purpose, you want a God-given purpose. It’s very dangerous. People who have a God-given purpose are doing the cruellest things on the planet because when you have a God-given purpose, life here becomes less important than your purpose. (...) The greatest thing about life is that there is no meaning to it and there is no need for it to have a meaning. It’s the pettiness of one’s mind that seeks a meaning because psychologically you will feel kind of unconnected with life if you don’t have a purpose and a meaning. People are constantly trying to create these false purposes. (...) Don’t look for a purpose because if you’re looking for a purpose, you’re seeking madness. If you find one, you are mad. If you think you’ve found a purpose in life, you’ve for sure gone crazy. Only insane people have a purpose. These are things you create in your mind. (...) The purpose of life is to live and to live totally.”

What Sadhguru says in this video confuses me because a lot of us here are exploring our life purpose. Why does he say that having a God-Given purpose is dangerous? I understand what he means by people who create false purposes but what about people who are seeking a pure and spiritual purpose? Why does he say to not find a purpose...

In a recent instagram post he quoted this "If you have a purpose plans will evolve and manifest as necessary". So I think in that video people asked him about the purpose of life and he said that's no purpose  to 'life' (not your life, just life) it's just a big phenomenon.

On 27/07/2021 at 11:25 PM, Kalki Avatar said:

Sadhguru is refering to the need of a sense purpose. You can create a purpose without having that need of Drive. Non doership is what he means. Because everything is already complete there is really no need. Its a tricky thing as always... 

+1

On 2021-7-27 at 3:25 PM, Kalki Avatar said:

Its a tricky thing as always... 

It's literally not tricky at all. From The Absolute perspective, there is no difference between purpose and purposelessness. From the relative perspective, there is a difference. It's really that simple.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Yogis tend to renounce life.sadhgurus ideology has root in that.hence he will say things like this