Snt_lk

Share something Truly Spiritual

16 posts in this topic

I'm craving something truly spiritual and real but don't know where to find it. 

I tried meditating but IMO I haven't experienced anything profound from it.

I don't know how this Maya can produce something lasting or real. I don't want to try psychedelics ( or any other substances) bc I'm unsure of how I will react to it. 

Please share something that you find truly Spiritual.

10 minutes ago, Snt_lk said:

I don't know how this Maya can produce something lasting or real.

Maya is limited to relative reality, which is still reality, but lacks the permanence of ultimate reality.

True spirituality is direct realization of your ultimate nature. Others can point to it, but it is your journey to see it for yourself. And when you do, most of what binds you to the dream will dissolve.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Try Qigong 3 Treasures or Microcosmic orbit. Easy sober way to experience your spiritual energy. Just did a one on one this morning! People love it.

I am training under Lee Holden. You can check out his website.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

24 minutes ago, Snt_lk said:

I'm craving something truly spiritual and real but don't know where to find it. 

The spiritual is the real, right there in the suchness of reality itself. 

You find it everywhere, but is the mind synthesizing the information properly? Can you see the One Whole, as it, and as a part of it? 

Enjoy the moment, watch where it goes, Truth will begin to show itself to you the more you release yourself into it. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

I am currently in the midst of a deep, profound, shit.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

True spirituality is direct realization of your ultimate nature.

Well said!

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

1 hour ago, mw711 said:

I am currently in the midst of a deep, profound, shit.

Hey man, Shitting can be spiritual.

Life is your divine spiritual journey. ups and downs included.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

There are many paths to the same mountaintop. The mountaintop, here, means abiding in exactly what you are. 

And what you are... drum roll... is infinite peace and love. 

The most spiritual thing you can do is notice that you have spent your entire life listening to your body and mind to tell you what is going on. But here's the catch. Your body and mind evolved to keep you alive. They are your overlords, your parents, but they are not you. You don't have to listen to their narrative. Consider the possibility that you are currently living in an echo of true reality. You are getting caught up in words, symbols, and beliefs about reality, but not the reality itself.

And what is that reality? Everything, nothing, yourself, the world, the cosmos, the infinite, the void, love, stillness, being, God. 

Pick a name. They all mean the same thing at the bottom of the barrel :)

You can realize that your everyday life is truly spiritual, which is what people are telling you here, but I'm assuming you're looking for something that will seem truly spiritual even from a paradigm which is not adjusted to spirituality.

IME, experiencing a synchronicity is very good for this, although I'm not sure how you will be able to consciously conjure one up, just keep an eye out for them. 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Thought Art

I forget who it was, a monk or someone responded with ‘a turd’ after being asked ‘what is enlightenment.’

Something like that idk really. 

But, yes, a profound shit. 

Everything is profound I love it - which is why I responded with something so stupid.

To appreciate the profoundness of something other than a ‘spiritual teaching.’

Maybe you should try some of the exercises from Douglas E. Harding’s the headless way? It’s a good set of methods for getting quick pointers into the nature of consciousness and the body.

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

- Being some infinitely powerful void, is incredibly scary in a transrational way.
- We don't understand what it means to understand, aside that this seems to be some self-referential building block of consciousness. The simple fact you will be aware of a sense behind this bullet list is unfathomable. Not to mention being able to come up with concepts describing meta-physics such as duality or karma. On the same idea, the notion of beauty is absurd. Saying this is "whatever allows God to reunite with itself" doesn't explain how it works or why it works.
- I'm still not banned even though all my funposts are based on nothing..
- The default state of emptiness should be non-existence. The isness of anything doesn't make any kind of sense whatsoever.
- Love makes God happy. So. God is just some really fancy self-masturbating machine hanging around nowhere.
- Finite states of consciousness, illusion of separation, or duality, are mysterious and another absurd (im)possibility. We don't really know anything about them since we are either locked within the restricted perspective talking about them with symbols, or in a complete state where they don't exist anymore.
- This reality is made from the ground up. Being some 3-dimensional construct in a physical world is just a meme I fell for.
- There is no such thing as false in the absolute sense. Either our expectation of symbols doesn't match, or we can't agree on a set of pointers who only attempt to encapsulate some undefined field. More controversially, selfishness is technically as deserving for happiness than selflessness, we only call it evil because it's impossible to satisfy in a global sense and doesn't work out in the end.

Go out in nature or go sit by a body of water and contemplate life

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein