Runtz

Struggling with Blackpill

410 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Gesundheit2 said:

This is essentially true, but still is a bit distorted. Right distinction, wrong details. I can confirm that I experience the two layers, but I think your explanation comes from the feminine perspective. And so it's not representing, nor expressing the masculine perspective correctly. 

For me at least, the prefrontal cortex stuff are subject to the reptilian brain the same way my logic is subject to my emotions. My logical mind doesn't control my emotions, although informs, manages, and directs them.

So, I actually have a desire for deep bondin with humans (not just women), as long as it serves my desire for dominance and acquisition. It's just that I am not interested in relations that don't serve my reptilian brain desires.

All the joy for me comes from satisfying the reptilian brain. And so, I don't enjoy the experience of the prefrontal cortex desires, it's mostly neutral to me, but I do enjoy their results.

Nothing's more distorted than the idea that you have a reptilian brain which needs you to do stuff to please it.

There's nothing to manage with emotions. Either you allow yourself to feel them (which dispels them immediately), or you bullshit yourself through some idea like the reptilian brain as reason to not feel them.

EDIT: I realize you weren't the one who brought this distinction. I think this distinction (like materialism) has the ability to match reality but to identify with it and act as if you have a brain would be a mistake imo.

Edited by 4201

1 hour ago, 4201 said:

Nothing's more distorted than the idea that you have a reptilian brain which needs you to do stuff to please it.

There's nothing to manage with emotions. Either you allow yourself to feel them (which dispels them immediately), or you bullshit yourself through some idea like the reptilian brain as reason to not feel them.

Wanted to let you know that your viewpoints on all of this are very much appreciated in my eyes. 

@Preety_India @Emerald

I watched the The Yin and Yang of Stoicism video you shared. It was very lovely and well done. As I mentioned before I've always enjoyed Emerald's work.

Edited by Nos7algiK

28 minutes ago, Nos7algiK said:

Wanted to let you know that your viewpoints on all of this are very much appreciated in my eyes. :) 

Even better than my opinion is the opinion of your true self which appears directly through feeling.

If you already have opinions you feel good about but are unsure if they are actually true, you might want to dive deeper into this feeling of uncertainty. Then once you have the opinion that feels the most accurate, you might realize that all need to impose your opinion over others is gone, as there is no longer any neediness to validate the opinion (no more uncertainty).

4 minutes ago, 4201 said:

If you already have opinions you feel good about but are unsure if they are actually true, you might want to dive deeper into this feeling of uncertainty. Then once you have the opinion that feels the most accurate, you might realize that all need to impose your opinion over others is gone, as there is no longer any neediness to validate the opinion (no more uncertainty).

I always found that searching for what is "true" when it comes to feelings is an endless battle. Once I contemplate the perception of a prior moment, I'm taking away my being from the now. Therefore removing my self in what is actually true, which is the present. The now is everchanging, yet constant. Temporary, yet ever lasting. So I've adapted the mentality of "it is what it is" or a permanent state of contentment within the present moment. There is no need to spin a narrative about what I feel or how I feel. This too shall pass.

13 minutes ago, 4201 said:

Accidental quoting for this user

Sorry accidentally quoted

53 minutes ago, Nos7algiK said:

Wanted to let you know that your viewpoints on all of this are very much appreciated in my eyes. 

@Preety_India @Emerald

I watched the The Yin and Yang of Stoicism video you shared. It was very lovely and well done. As I mentioned before I've always enjoyed Emerald's work.

Can't wait for @Emerald's next video.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

31 minutes ago, Nos7algiK said:

I always found that searching for what is "true" when it comes to feelings is an endless battle.

How does this statement feels? "I can't feel to say whether this statement is true, because it's an endless battle!" No, this idea is not true, but if you believe it, you can act it out like it's true.

Once I contemplate the perception of a prior moment, I'm taking away my being from the now. Therefore removing my self in what is actually true, which is the present. 

Perhaps you are trying to explain this (imagined) inability to feel whether a statement is true as "because it's of the past". Your feelings have no limits, they don't only work on the present. They sure point you to the present because there is little reason to focus on the past but if you want to have an answer about the past, there's nothing limiting feeling from giving you an answer... except the idea that feeling is limited.

The now is everchanging, yet constant. Temporary, yet ever lasting. So I've adapted the mentality of "it is what it is" or a permanent state of contentment within the present moment. There is no need to spin a narrative about what I feel or how I feel. This too shall pass.

Yet feeling, just like seeing is different from spinning a narrative about what you feel or what you see. You've "adapted" a mentality in the past about how you should act right now which says "you should act in accordance with the idea of being in the present moment". Yet acting in accordance with this idea from the past, is different from actually being in the present moment which is no different from feeling.

Edited by 4201

1 hour ago, 4201 said:

How does this statement feels? "I can't feel to say whether this statement is true, because it's an endless battle!" No, this idea is not true, but if you believe it, you can act it out like it's true.

The endless battle is the idea of when all feelings are introspected deep enough they arrive at the same point, Nothing. Nothingness maybe is a better description. Not the idea that I can't find it, but rather there is no ground to arrive at. There is no Absolute reason for the feeling itself to have manifested once it's out of the moment it was conceptualized. This nothingness has potential to be anythingness. It only remains "true" the moment it is felt. I can pretend like I have the answer as to why I felt something, but it is just a narrative my ego tells to me to validate my reality/existence.

1 hour ago, 4201 said:

Perhaps you are trying to explain this (imagined) inability to feel whether a statement is true as "because it's of the past". Your feelings have no limits, they don't only work on the present. They sure point you to the present because there is little reason to focus on the past but if you want to have an answer about the past, there's nothing limiting feeling from giving you an answer... except the idea that feeling is limited.

I don't disagree, but I have no reason to consider my past feelings is a better way of saying it. It's not that I can't contemplate, but rather the above statement I made will arise. This doesn't mean I will never again contemplate what I perceive as the past as if I think it is hopeless. It still has it's usefulness.

1 hour ago, 4201 said:

Yet feeling, just like seeing is different from spinning a narrative about what you feel or what you see. You've "adapted" a mentality in the past about how you should act right now which says "you should act in accordance with the idea of being in the present moment". Yet acting in accordance with this idea from the past, is different from actually being in the present moment which is no different from feeling.

It's not that I do allow feeling. I fully allow the feeling, the feeling will pass. There is no reason to latch onto it for I know attempting to understand it will either give me my ego's validation or nothing. There is no reason to purposely dismiss it for it's not seen as a threat or a blessing. I suppose if something extreme happened I wouldn't be able to hold this mindset. Though I suppose no matter what I do, even if I latch completely onto my feelings and spin the greatest of narratives, I'm still in the present moment.

I don't discredit feeling at all. I just believe we should breath with it.

Edited by Nos7algiK

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Sorry accidentally quoted

I did this the other day, took me ages to figure out how to remove it - if you hover the cursor over the quote and then hold CTRL and right click, it'll give you the option to remove the quote.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@RickyFitts tried. Didn't work. Glitch in the matrix.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India Oh right, okay xD

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan