Alexop

Using Spiral Dynamics as teaching method

6 posts in this topic

Hi! I`m on my way to opening a coaching/mentoring business in my country teaching it in romanian language. Until I finish the ICF accredited coaching program I`d like to make also some written and audio materials with philosophical ideas and personal development based on Spiral Dynamics, also I want to explain the model and all it`s nuances and my interpretations of it in a mega material. It is a big opportunity because I haven`t really heard of this model being presented widely in my country and I saw it`s potential to change the way we see the world, it will be a game changer for those who are openminded enough to apply it correctly. My question is: Is this model prohibited of being used as a teaching method on the internet? I saw Leo uses it frequently on his videos altough the copyright owners removed the turquoise video from YT because they did not like it lol. What should I do before using it in my work without having copyright claims or accusations? Thanks!

Psychologist Keith Rice, discussing his application of SDi in individual psychotherapy, notes that it encounters limitations in accounting for temperament and the unconscious. However, regarding SDi's "low profile among academics," he notes that it can easily be matched to more well-known models "such as Maslow, Loevinger, Kohlberg, Adorno, etc.," in order to establish trust with clients.[49]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiral_Dynamics

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

The name is trademarked. If you try to teach it publically for profit there may be some trademark problems.

You can lean more on Graves' original research which SD is based on. You can also use Ken Wilber's model.

Bottom line is: don't make it appear that you are some certified SD teacher.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yea I was wondering that, I will just present it to people. Thanks Leo!

Do you think one could put the model and some teachings within an online course I create as a coach? Or still risky? 
I would love to include talking about spiral dynamics within my coaching… 

I wonder how much it would be, to be able to coach the model and include it on in coaching and online courses