Ayham

How can i use my time more effectively

11 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I've been listening to leo's video and they're pretty useful. 

I've built the following habits :

Reading (1 hour) 

Meditation (20 minutes 2 times a day) 

Exercise (2 hours, I'm not really a sporty person but it's definitely useful to build a body) 

Actualized.org video (https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFyYNK0C9y0Jjz1c6pK3Thxxn0Q8ADwa0, i made this playlist of the foundational videos at the site, after watching all of them i will stop, i think it's just mental masurbation afterwards, but i will continue with the other habits) 

I've been doing this for 3 days and i have a lot of free time (I'm 14 and it's summer break where i live) despite doing this i think i should do more but i don't know what to do (i have a lot of free time)

gaming, watching TV, etc... Is just not fulfilling anymore

Sorry if it sounds like bragging about my habits lol, but i really don't know what to do with my time. 

So what should i add to my routine? 

You could find a passion. That's what I do with my free time. Practicing a lot of piano and composing music.  Try to find something that interest you and get really good at it. 

Hmmm, i really don't know my passion, but i have an idea of what it could be, i will try to find it ;). 

Thanks! 

@Ayham That's very good for you to start your actualization journey from this young age. Welcome to the forum. You seem very passionate so that's really good, I encourage you for that ??

My advice for you is to start the following habits (btw I practice them too) :

• Morning/evening scientific prayer ( it'll ground you and charge you with positivity) 
  • Journaling (very important habit that will literally transform your life ; you can start with your motivations in life, your dreams, your life principles , etc) 
  • Cleaning up your diet, eating healthy and reducing sugar intake ( you wouldn't imagine the level of your energy when you'll build this habit) 
  • Contemplation (it'll deepen your understanding of the world and of yourself so much) 
  • Reflecting on your life ; look at your life from different angles and think about every experience you passed through and what it added to you. In this way you'll learn to embrace your life and your being. 
  • Eliminate watching TV as much as you can 
  • Build the concentration habit (it'll increase your concentration level and help you to open your third eye) ( I used to practice this habit but not any more honestly) 
  • Research ; don't only focus on watching Leo's videos to take information from them, read from different sources and listen to many people with many points of views to have a bigger picture of what you're learning. Read about psychology, history, philosophy and self-help marterial. And write your notes so that you can remember them later on. 

And along with those habits you can start practicing yoga (very powerful habit) 

Keep in mind that building habit is very difficult and it needs a lot of effort, patience and persistence. Be kind to yourself and don't be too harsh on yourself. The most important component to start actualizing is self-love, so try to cultivate more of it as you move along the journey. 

You can't build so many habits at one time. Try to add one or two habits every month, and have a record of how much you're improving in practicing every habit. Best of luck ?

Edited by Alissa

Yes, I would agree that it's pretty awesome that you've developed these habits at such a young age. I wish I would've known about the value of reading and meditation back at age 14 as well.

I'll go ahead and second the idea of passion. This is a great age to find something you're passionate about and developing your skills around that. Commit to mastering your passion once you know what it is. Create a vision for your life and plan accordingly. 

@Alissascreenshotted, i will start building those habits slowly, Journaling sounds really helpful, thank you ?

@TDW1995thank you for your kind words, how would you personally recommend going about finding one's passion?

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

thank you for your kind words, how would you personally recommend going about finding one's passion?

What I recommend is first start something that is interesting to you then always try to get better at it. The better you are at something the more likely it is to feel like a passion.  

You don't need to think too much if a specefic thing is right for you or if there is something better out there just pick something you like. 

You should check out Cal Newports book So Good They Can't Ignore You which goes in detail on how to find your passion. 

If you are interested in the "how" of getting good I recommend checking out Peak by Anders Ericsson. 

Or bassically read a lot of stuff about Deliberate Practice. 

If you are unsure about what to pick just explore different interests(Drawing, Music, Film, Science etc.) until you find something that interest you.

Edited by BjarkeT

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

how would you personally recommend going about finding one's passion?

Good question. From my experience it’s good to test a lot of different things and see which one of them makes you feel something deep inside. That feeling of fulfillment and alignment with what you want to be doing. Granted it may not strike right from the start, sometimes it takes developing some level of skill in a given field.

But following your obsession almost grants fast progress solely because of the amount of time you spend doing it. Ideas also come to you during the day, in between practicing/learning. 

I personally switched from many different passions: animals, juggling, poker, trading, psychology, spirituality, occult to name a few…

I always went full force, tunnel vision into a single one, and with most of them I realized they cannot bring me fulfillment in the long run. So far my core is with psychology/spirituality/self development. I’m looking for things inside of those fields to further specify and find my niche. I’m 24 now and still a long way to go but I just keep looking for a deeper understanding of myself and build my passions around what matches my strengths and natural interests.

If you keep the intention of finding your passion, you will. Good luck :D

@BjarkeT i will try different interests and see which one resonates with me.

I will also read the books you mentioned 

Thank you ;)

@gelebkiinteresting, I think my passion has something to do with psychology but not exactly psychology. I will experiment with it

Good luck on your journey!