Vynce

Psychedelics + nitrous oxide

40 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is false.

Nitrous is not good for your health and it can be addictive.

20s of ego-death is not going to help you. You will just end up doing a bunch more hits.

@Leo Gura If you quote me, at least with the whole context. I clearly said, it  is well known as the  savest method to have an ego death experience. Just for that. And your quoted just it s the savest method.

Your superficial health advices in this forum lately will not be good for those of serious work.  I know Connor Murphy and Sou Hei are the reasons for this 

Edited by OBEler

Whippets can give you brain damage.

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

12 hours ago, Vynce said:

Of course LSD can be enough - just depends on the dose. But with a common dose of 200mcg of LSD you won't really have an ego death right away. Let alone an entire God realization.

With 200mcg? 110ug does it every time for me -- dreaming the entire universe / time disappearing completely. I've taken nearly 1000ug before -- eventually 110ug was all it took. Nitrous can get you there on even a microdose of LSD but it's so short you just end up binging and having a sense that something profound happened without it actually positively affecting you life and insight. It certainly is powerful but ime it isn't as practical as it feels at the time.

3 hours ago, OBEler said:

Your superficial health advices in this forum lately will not be good for those of serious work.  I know Connor Murphy and Sou Hei are the reasons for this

Look at my post earlier in this thread. Nitrous has serious health consequences if it's not used in a specific way. Seriously just check it out. And I'm a proponent of nitrous. You just have to know how not to use it and I guarantee you, you aren't entirely aware of the dangers -- almost no one is. Those saying it causes brain damage have no clue what they're talking about -- the demyelination of the spinal cord is the issue. It can cause pseudo-MS, and it doesn't even require abuse to get to that point.

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self Also on the first try? I thought how often you use it is the problem. Ok thank you for warning me, can you give me some resources or a list how not to do it? 

"You just have to know how not to use it and I guarantee you, you aren't entirely aware of the dangers -- almost no one is". That really waked me up, thank you. So many party people take NO in Amsterdam, buy it in club or on street and consume it for fun. This gives the impression it seems not so risky 

Edited by OBEler

4 hours ago, OBEler said:

Sigh... pleasing you guys is impossible.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, OBEler said:

@The0Self Ok thank you for warning me, can you give me some resources or a list how not to do it? 

"You just have to know how not to use it and I guarantee you, you aren't entirely aware of the dangers -- almost no one is". That really waked me up, thank you. So many party people take NO in Amsterdam, buy it in club or on street and consume it for fun. This gives the impression it seems not so risky 

Yeah, i have to correct my evaluation about n2o. Here in Germany and Austria its totally legal and there are even bars, who offer you nitrous for the whole evening. But the neurological damage is too serious as to just be ignorant about it. But in the end, i think most people, who get to take psychedelics correctly are so conscious and aware of dangers, that they will naturally want to inform themselves about new substances enough. I just had never any issues with taking it two or three times a year. Thats why this post is here. 

52 minutes ago, Vynce said:

Yeah, i have to correct my evaluation about n2o. Here in Germany and Austria its totally legal and there are even bars, who offer you nitrous for the whole evening. But the neurological damage is too serious as to just be ignorant about it. But in the end, i think most people, who get to take psychedelics correctly are so conscious and aware of dangers, that they will naturally want to inform themselves about new substances enough. I just had never any issues with taking it two or three times a year. Thats why this post is here. 

Don't be so sure. People have no idea what they are getting themselves into sometimes. 

I would say that a lot of people who take psychedelics are really immature.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

7 hours ago, OBEler said:

@The0Self Also on the first try? I thought how often you use it is the problem. Ok thank you for warning me, can you give me some resources or a list how not to do it? 

It’s not commonly known info so you have to do your own research and read between the lines. A google search of something like [nitrous oxide macular degeneration of the cord] might be a start.

No not on the first try unless you have a b12 deficiency. Well actually every single time you use nitrous (anything more than about half a whippet) there is then a 3-4 day period of mild neural degeneration because all reactions requiring cobalamin are completely offline. But the damage is quite easy to recover from. String a bunch of those periods together and eventually you’ll be in a wheelchair. There are plenty of people who have discovered this but it’s still quite unknown and they usually think they can prevent it with b12 supplements but they can’t since it isn’t deficiency that’s the issue (though as previously indicated, deficiency doesn’t help, it just isn’t in any way required for one to screw themselves) — it simply renders 2 vital chemical reactions completely offline for 3-4 days, as it instantly oxidizes all b12 in the blood but it stays in such a form that the reaction it’s used for will still try to use it but fail — so supplemental b12 does nothing to salvage this. If you have a resilient nervous system and b12 sufficiency, then once a month is probably fine but I wouldn’t even do it that often.

And yeah it’s the frequency not the amount. Although there could be impurities in the actual chargers so that would maybe be a reason not to go inhale 100 in one sitting. Probably can binge even harder than that a couple times a year with no ill effects if using a medical grade tank, which is probably all I’d use in the future if I ever did use it again.

Edited by The0Self

Have done nos alone and multiple times on different doses of LSD. Its highly highly pleasurable. I've never conflated it with God-realization. I suppose the sense of self does evaporate for 20 seconds, it's hard for me to say what I'm experiencing, but it definitely feels good, and there still is a tiny hint of being on planet earth (still hearing sounds in the environment in which I'm in). Maybe I just don't get God-realization like others do, or maybe it is but I'm just not calling it that. I feel like it's not. I think there'd be more conviction that it is if it were.

@Brandon Nankivell I get what you mean. It's so short-lived that you can't really crasp what was going on. But trust me after you had you're first real awakening, which you can't conflate with something else, you notice the same consciousness state again. 

What's fascinating about the nitrous experience is, that you can see directly how consciousness is build in a way, that after recognizing itself it will directly forget it self in order for this dream state to work. This "recognizing-forgetting" principle is a main theme in consciousness. Without that, consciousness would just be half as fascinating for itself.

Edited by Vynce

Semi-old thread but I'm going to give my take on nitrous as I have a fair amount of experience and experimentation with it (3+ years of use, typically do 100-250 carts in a sitting at a time while using psychedelics). Was doing this about once a month at my peak. Fully aware of the dangers. Most of the risks are from frequency of use rather than volume. Speaking strictly for myself I have not experienced any noticeable lasting damage from it. Not saying this is the norm what will happen with you. I would not advise anyone to experiment with it in the way I have. I might potentially see health defects years from now, who knows. 

By itself it loses its magic very quickly. However once combined with a psychedelic it will catapult you into a level of consciousness at a rate far faster than any other drug I have used. People that claim it has no value because of how short lived it is are saying this off the premise of only doing 5-10 of them at a time. Once you get up into the 50-100 range it transforms into something entirely different. Combining LSD, MDA, and nitrous in this fashion was  by far the most intense and beautiful psychedelic experience of my life. The dissociative properties rip away any attachment to your objective self so abruptly it is almost frightening. Oneness is felt so rapidly it borders on ruining all your psychedelic experiences after because you sort of always have this feeling that you know what it is missing when you don't use it. I like to say that whatever dose of substances you are doing, nitrous essentially doubles or triples that dose for a period of time. I actually really enjoy doing it in this fashion as I can somewhat control the intensity of the experience. 

I would recommend someone just not get into it at all though if you aren't already deep in. Not only is not the safest it is really expensive. 

On 18.7.2021 at 8:56 AM, Vynce said:

@Leo Gura Of course LSD can be enough - just depends on the dose. But with a common dose of 200mcg of LSD you won't really have an ego death right away. Let alone an entire God realization. 

And because most people start with low doses, but want to experience the God head anyways, I find this combination very suitable for beginners. And let's face it - most psychonauts are just beginners. 

For me 200ug completely kills me, making me fully realize I am God. The great thing about LSD is, you stay in God Mode for hours, so you can really explore it.

150ug always guarantees God realization for me, the higher the dose, the higher the degree of realization though.

(Never tried nitric oxide)

Edited by Michael Jackson

On 18.07.2021 at 7:43 AM, herghly said:

@Leo Gura The combination is quite profound.

If you're going to combine the two, you should use a low dose of LSD.

It's worth checking out what amie Wheal has said  recently about intentional use of nitrous oxide. You shouldn't do it more than a couple times a year.

how low? i mean what lsd dose i  use when combo

I haven't tried this combo. But from my experiences with weed + nitrous I can confirm the straight up fact that nitrous can potentiate psychedelic states beyond belief!!! Absolutely insane/incredible/mind-blowing but can be very scary too. I'm personally too scared to do nitrous on LSD lol, but will try it at some point.

Try psychedelics  + ketamine + nitrous  :)  The profundity of mixing a disso + a psych far surpasses either one on their own. Mind blowing stuff for sure. 

Edited by Deadpixel

14 hours ago, Daniel347 said:

how low? i mean what lsd dose i  use when combo

100-200ug can be enough. However, if you increase the lsd dosages (In combo with nitrous), your experience of Infinite will be longer, more intensive, clearer and reality destructive. 

I have had this combo with 600-800ug and finally realized the complete structure to reality. This will completely change the way you look at reality forever. Im super grateful to have found this combo. 

13 hours ago, Deadpixel said:

Try psychedelics  + ketamine + nitrous  :)  The profundity of mixing a disso + a psych far surpasses either one on their own. Mind blowing stuff for sure. 

Yeah it seems like there is a mechanism in dissociatives, which prevents your ego mind to mentally abstract what this is (reality). Which is why you cannot be conscious of something for long, without interpreting or ignoring it. 

Its still a mystery for me how 1 (LSD) + 1 (nitrous) = 100000000. This potentiating effect is just unbelievable.