iboughtleosbooklist

Although absolutely true, Leo's teachings sound insane to normies

40 posts in this topic

Just now, dflores321 said:

@OneHandClap well it's really just a pointer.

I suspect that when Leo says you are God alone imagining reality, he means you are love and that there is nothing else but this love. 

The issue with this pointer is that it's easy for people to literally interpret it as if they are alone and the only thing that exists. 

There is only this, call it Love, consciousness, whatever. But to say it is alone is incorrect, the Love is so powerful/radical that it cannot be alone or accompanied by anyone. It just is. 

You're 100% on the money. It has become pretty clear in a brief time who has actually experienced no-self consciousness, and who is merely listening and repeating concepts they've heard from others. Which isn't to say that solipsism isn't one possible "trap" one can fall into while doing spiritual work, of course. But releasing the bondage of concepts and experiencing this stillness, this vast love, this Being, is indeed the end of the path. It can take time for people to discover that words are not insights. 

@OneHandClap

1 hour ago, dflores321 said:

@Javfly33

So you dont actually know this. 

@OneHandClap

@dflores321

I'm just having a great fucking laugh seeing how I am imagining your replies to keep myself entertained and fantasize for one second that you are real people and all of that. Woah ?? Really funny, I have such a good imagination. But yeah you can stop and all of that. You ain't real already accepted it ?

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Of course, my perceptual bubble is all that exists that means I'm One with the objects and everything there is . That is non duality.

If what exists would be my bubble AND other bubbles, then I would be fucked. I would be not in non duality and I would always be separated from other points in reality. This is utter sadness and I hope is not true 

Don't think you are so intelligent and above me dude, I've seen your posts and you ain't awake at all Lol.

I doubt very much Leo ever said there's only one perceptual bubble. Where did you get this from? You're in non duality because consciousness is all there is, that's you, you're everywhere! Why shouldn't this include other perceptual bubbles? 

@Javfly33 bro enough of this nonsense. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

18 minutes ago, Chrisd said:

I doubt very much Leo ever said there's only one perceptual bubble. Where did you get this from? You're in non duality because consciousness is all there is, that's you, you're everywhere! Why shouldn't this include other perceptual bubbles? 

Because "other perceptual bubbles" are not actuality, but just an idea. 

And guess what, an idea is not reality.

Reality = Actuality = Existence.

People here adoctrinating me in how deluded i am haven't actually deconstructed the material paradgim, they still believe there are things or beings existing "outside" their current experience ??‍♂️

In other words , they are not Conscious they are absolutely, literally, only God. And of course, totally alone in its own creation. Yeah, it's a hard pill to swallow. No doubt people keep attaching themselves to theories of POVs, "film frames" or who knows what else.... 

@Someone here Ok bro, I'll stop it ?

Edited by Javfly33

Just now, dflores321 said:

@Javfly33 the only reason you think you're god is because you have too much dopamine in your brain.

Causing these hallucinations and delusions, you gotta come back to objective reality bro.

Nah jk lolz. 

I wish. I'm doing nofap and detox from social media to try to raise naturally dopamine Lol

29 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Because "other perceptual bubbles" are not actuality, but just an idea. 

And guess what, an idea is not reality.

One perceptual bubble is also an idea

I'm still wondering where you get this idea. Who says your personal direct experience is the only truth? 

Edited by Chrisd

6 hours ago, Consilience said:

The best way to converse with your mom about Leo's teachings are not by talking to her about it, but by fully embodying this stuff through your presence, through your being. This can be achieved with serious meditation, contemplation, reflection, and self-actualization work. That teaches way more than 'weird' non-dual philosophy talk, albeit much more subtly. Of course this forum is a great place to get it all out through language :)

200.gif

33 minutes ago, Chrisd said:

One perceptual bubble is also an idea

I'm still wondering where you get this idea. Who says your personal direct experience is the only truth? 

How is it an idea? Strip away all language, all ideas what are you left with? The dream. It's an extra step to say it's a shared dream, and Leo time after time says that this is extremely radical, yet true.  Whatever you see right now, it's all that exists. In a dream everyone is you. You wouldn't wake up and think "wow I wonder if my dream characters have their own perceptual bubbles", I mean you could, but what would be observing those perceptual bubbles... the second awareness? I thought this was non-duality.

10 minutes ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

How is it an idea? Strip away all language, all ideas what are you left with? The dream. It's an extra step to say it's a shared dream, and Leo time after time says that this is extremely radical, yet true.  Whatever you see right now, it's all that exists. In a dream everyone is you. You wouldn't wake up and think "wow I wonder if my dream characters have their own perceptual bubbles", I mean you could, but what would be observing those perceptual bubbles... the second awareness? I thought this was non-duality.

Hehehe very good. Case closed. People can't BS more. You said it right fucking there. BUUUM. 

The problem is that the solipsist pretends "their bubble" even exists. There is no bubble. There is experience, and you have clearly latched onto and identified with the content of your experience so thoroughly that you are stuck in a deluded state. You are correct in saying that nobody can talk you out of this.

But be warned—if you cannot reason with yourself, you may eventually find that those running psychiatric facilities are more than willing to fulfill that task for you through the use of antipsychotic medication. 

12 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

The problem is that the solipsist pretends "their bubble" even exists. There is no bubble. There is experience, and you have clearly latched onto and identified with the content of your experience so thoroughly that you are stuck in a deluded state. You are correct in saying that nobody can talk you out of this.

But be warned—if you cannot reason with yourself, you may eventually find that those running psychiatric facilities are more than willing to fulfill that task for you through the use of antipsychotic medication. 

Dont worry I won't run myself into trouble ?

I want to enjoy and have fun in this dream , not make a drama out of it ?

@OneHandClap but thanks for the concern. Don't worry I am pondering all possible perspectives.

When you say " . There is experience, and you have clearly latched onto and identified with the content of your experience".

Of course how could I not? 

3 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Dont worry I won't run myself into trouble ?

I want to enjoy and have fun in this dream , not make a drama out of it ?

@OneHandClap but thanks for the concern. Don't worry I am pondering all possible perspectives.

When you say " . There is experience, and you have clearly latched onto and identified with the content of your experience".

Of course how could I not? 

I want you to have fun too :) I just want it to be outside, with other human beings and loved ones!

It is possible to detach from those experiences by realizing they arise and cease. They cannot be you. By the same token, that also means "you" are not making them in this moment. God-consciousness is creating them, but you do not exist as formless God-consciousness. You exist as a limited human being. This means you ought to relate to the world AS a human being. When in Rome, do as the Romans do ;) 

7 hours ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

I mean Gura... wait is that even a real name...?

You've shattered my reality.

All stories and explanations are false.

Just now, Javfly33 said:

@OneHandClap if I am real and not a NPC, are you conscious you are me? 

Who am I for you?

You are one manifestation of infinite reality, as is every single "thing" we designate through language. At the level of the Absolute, we are just reality-as-it-is, which you may call God, Being, It, the Absolute. But we don't exist as that. We exist as human beings who are talking on a message board to share information. If you were infinite reality all alone right now, you wouldn't be able to speak, let alone think. There would be no forms to refer to. 

Be mindful of thinking everything he says is absolutely true. 

Leo is young and still learning.

Sure, he is a Mountain. But, even then.

Not everything he says is likely to be true or accurate. Like anyone he is likely to make mistakes, or to fail to share things that are true to everyone. I think he has a high degree of accuracy.

But, for example his ability to heal himself or transmit teachings to people through his mind (which I think he thought he was going to be able to do.. but don't quote me) never came to be.

Even Leo I am sure gets swept up by the radical nature of psychedelic use and his own unique limitations and blind spots.

You have to be mature and verify things for yourself. Which, would take you 20-30 years if you are working on your job.

I am thinking Leo has a super powerful epistemology and metaphysics compared to 99% of the population. But, be wary of the limitations of his medium. Lectures are one of the weakest form for teaching people because they are so passive. They are long, passive, and there is so much information you will be misunderstanding things, forgetting things, not hearing things, distorting what he is saying through your own lens.

Obviously you can take notes, pause the video, contemplate etc to improve the experience. 

Basically, the risk of misapplication is massive. Be careful. Go slow.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 hours ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

Whatever you see right now, it's all that exists. 

From Gods point of view I suppose that's true. But it's not true when seeing from the humans perspective.

Edited by Chrisd

It's easy to not sound crazy if you take the time to intellectually explain it.

Some of his teachings sound insane to most people. Like, he doesn't have his own conciousness and I just pretend he does so I don't feel alone.

Well, no the video of Leo doesnt... But, I am not all alone anyway there are plenty of people I love in my life..?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"