Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asha176

Dealing with Escapism/Avoidance in life

17 posts in this topic

How to deal with consistent feelings of escapism or avoidance of life , life activities ?

It is difficult to accept that this is all life is about , that each day we got to wake up do activities of work , career , family , pursue passions , eat , sleep .

@asha176 What feelings are you running from? Meet them and let them go and you won't have anything to run from because they will ultimately stop coming up and what's left is stillness and love.

1 hour ago, WelcometoReality said:

@asha176 What feelings are you running from? Meet them and let them go and you won't have anything to run from because they will ultimately stop coming up and what's left is stillness and love.

Not running from feelings , but want to run from all the day to day essential life activities , the routine activities , the hard work that needs to be done each day to lead a fulfilling life ie career , health , maintaining personal and professional relationships activities. 

3 minutes ago, asha176 said:

Not running from feelings , but want to run from all the day to day essential life activities , the routine activities , the hard work that needs to be done each day to lead a fulfilling life ie career , health , maintaining personal and professional relationships activities. 

Yes life seems like a grind sometimes.  Why do you want to run away from these activities? What makes them hard?

1 hour ago, WelcometoReality said:

Yes life seems like a grind sometimes.  Why do you want to run away from these activities? What makes them hard?

On one hand , I have high expectations from myself , want to do many big things . But on other hand , I just get this impulse to run from doing these things ,from myself , from burdens of life and find comfort in things that provide instant pleasure like coffee/fast food/youtube videos/scrolling insta etc. 

Edited by asha176

31 minutes ago, asha176 said:

On one hand , I have high expectations from myself , want to do many big things . But on other hand , I just get this impulse to run from doing these things ,from myself , from burdens of life and find comfort in things that provide instant pleasure like coffee/fast food/youtube videos/scrolling insta etc. 

I think we all can relate to the easiness of  instant pleasures. ?

Why does the "big things" that you really want to do seem so hard and the instant pleasures seem so easy to do? 

Could there be some sort of resistance to doing the "big things" and no resistance to the "easy things"? If so what is that resistance?

40 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Why does the "big things" that you really want to do seem so hard and the instant pleasures seem so easy to do? 

Could there be some sort of resistance to doing the "big things" and no resistance to the "easy things"? If so what is that resistance?

Maybe becz I want to stay in my comfort zone ; becoz of fear and also certain laidbackness has come. But I know intellectually that I should not be taking my time and life for granted.

Edited by asha176

47 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Actually there are 2 types of escapisms - one which is due to fear, to stay in comfort and other which comes out of everything feeling meaningless ,nothing worth to do the work 

15 hours ago, asha176 said:

Actually there are 2 types of escapisms - one which is due to fear, to stay in comfort and other which comes out of everything feeling meaningless ,nothing worth to do the work 

Great! ? What happens if you, instead of escaping to the easy things, sit with the feelings of fear and meaninglessness?

Usually they tend disappear in 5-20 minutes but sit with them and see what happens.

4 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

Great! ? What happens if you, instead of escaping to the easy things, sit with the feelings of fear and meaninglessness?

Usually they tend disappear in 5-20 minutes but sit with them and see what happens.

Thanks , I will def try that and post here.

But really , is there any other alternative to eat-work/hobbies-family/friends-sleep cycle ?

On 2021-07-17 at 5:10 PM, asha176 said:

Thanks , I will def try that and post here.

But really , is there any other alternative to eat-work/hobbies-family/friends-sleep cycle ?

You wrote this:

On 2021-07-16 at 11:55 AM, asha176 said:

It is difficult to accept that this is all life is about , that each day we got to wake up do activities of work , career , family , pursue passions , eat , sleep .

You are free to do whatever you want. ? If you're not happy with you're life then change it. Maybe you are asking because you don't know what you want from life. I don't have an answer for you I'm afraid.

What you could do is see what feeling is behind "It is difficult to accept", sit with the feeling until it dissappear and see if the question still is there. Usually we don't have a question to ask if we are truly happy. We don't ask I'm so happy all the time how can I add some more misery to it. ?

By dissolving the feeling the question tend to dissappear but you'll be the judge of that. Hope this helps.

Edited by WelcometoReality

@WelcometoReality Great advice :)

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

4 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

Thank you! ?

You're very welcome :)

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

On 18/7/2021 at 10:54 PM, WelcometoReality said:

You wrote this:

You are free to do whatever you want. ? If you're not happy with you're life then change it. Maybe you are asking because you don't know what you want from life. I don't have an answer for you I'm afraid.

What you could do is see what feeling is behind "It is difficult to accept", sit with the feeling until it dissappear and see if the question still is there. Usually we don't have a question to ask if we are truly happy. We don't ask I'm so happy all the time how can I add some more misery to it. ?

By dissolving the feeling the question tend to dissappear but you'll be the judge of that. Hope this helps.

Yes def . Thank you so much

On 7/16/2021 at 5:55 AM, asha176 said:

How to deal with consistent feelings of escapism or avoidance of life , life activities ?

By realizing this isn’t something to ‘deal with’, but something you’re creating… because there is no such actuality to that narrative. Escapism & avoidance aren’t feelings, they’re thoughts, which do not feel good. 

In regard to the guidance of pain, such as touching a hot stove, the apparent reaction of the body in removing the hand from the stove, is intelligence.

In regard to the guidance of feeling, the mind’s averting or aversion, or, ‘moving away from’ emotion, or, feeling, is the mind seeking better feeling, by innocently & ignorantly ‘moving away’ from it’s source, from the very substance the thought ‘my mind’ is made of, from the very “feeling” ultimately sought. 

When it honestly, wholeheartedly surely seems that ‘big picture’ is the biggest picture - and yet intuitively feeling ‘says’ no, no, there is much, much more to this… consider there might be a much much bigger picture. Maps & Traps. An adventure which can’t be thought, believed or imagined, yet is actual.  

On 7/16/2021 at 10:44 AM, asha176 said:

It’s seems like those thoughts are things, and so the ‘running’ is not from feeling, while feeling is ‘letting you know’ those are thoughts, not things. 

Reality = abundance. In shedding the layers of labeling, the ‘greater adventure’ of consciously co-creating will shock you to your core with it’s Goodness and actuality. Perhaps the very first step is the inner admittance… this is not ‘how it is’ nor ‘how I am’… this is how I’ve been saying ‘it is’, and ‘how I am’. 

Reality has been, is and will continue to ‘become’ precisely as you’re focused. Just how precise this is, is absolutely mind boggling in the greatest possible way. A “text” is not even a text. Nothing is “random”. When this ‘clicks’ and it is realized you create your reality of mind, as all is mind, you will shit happiness. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE