Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

Frozen Pizza is shit - Do not eat this crap

29 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, flowboy said:

@Javfly33 Okay I'm glad to hear that you know not all food is the same. That's good. That really wasn't clear from what you wrote :D

Although now perhaps the pendulum has swung a bit too far the other way, is that possible?

Seems that healthy / non healthy to you is very black and white. If a certain kind of healthy eating didn't allow you to build muscle, that doesn't mean you have to abandon the idea of health alltogether, wouldn't you say?

Also, I don't need to know your life to know that eating ice cream, chocolate and pizza structurally is not going to help you. And when you talk about strategies to get big in the gym, we're talking about eating habits for the every day.

I don't think people will tell you you can't have any pizza or ice cream sometimes. But using it daily to bulk is a whole nother level. So mind the nuance there.

Also, if you don't trust "experts", that's fair. You don't have to blindly follow anyone.

But that doesn't mean that you should swing the pendulum all the way back to not wanting to listen to any health information.

It's really an essential life skill to gather your own health information and do your own research.

Ok fair enough, what are your advice.to build.mass to avoid eating non healthy food on a daily basis? 

54 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Ok fair enough, what are your advice.to build.mass to avoid eating non healthy food on a daily basis? 

Best would be healthy, balanced meals but just more of them. If you can't keep those down, and still want to eat more, I thought the liquid food suggestion was good. In my experience, meal replacement shakes are easy to overeat. Bad for me, good for you.

There's some really good meal replacement brands:

I'm especially a fan of the last one because it's made by this single surgeon guy who is passionate about making healthy meal replacement shakes from organic ingredients.

Again I'd still eat as much real healthy food as possible, and to top it off, pound a couple of those shakes with good ingredients, if my goal was to get a surplus of calories in that my body could use. You could probably even throw some oatmeal, coconut oil and protein powder in the blender with some almond milk and get the same effect.

Worth a shot?

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

36 minutes ago, flowboy said:

Best would be healthy, balanced meals but just more of them. If you can't keep those down, and still want to eat more, I thought the liquid food suggestion was good. In my experience, meal replacement shakes are easy to overeat. Bad for me, good for you.

There's some really good meal replacement brands:

I'm especially a fan of the last one because it's made by this single surgeon guy who is passionate about making healthy meal replacement shakes from organic ingredients.

Again I'd still eat as much real healthy food as possible, and to top it off, pound a couple of those shakes with good ingredients, if my goal was to get a surplus of calories in that my body could use. You could probably even throw some oatmeal, coconut oil and protein powder in the blender with some almond milk and get the same effect.

Worth a shot?

Nice, ill try the last one, I've already tried Huel, i like It But i take some months off sometimes because its quite expensive and also i end Up replacing It too much for real food

You can build muscle with pretty much any food, as long as you're getting in all the macros, in proper ammounts. The only question is: do you wanna have Mcdonald muscles, or healthy muscles? I guess only you can answer that question?

Make your own ‘pizza’

I used to enjoy having pizza bagels years ago.
basically cut a a brown seeded bagel in half, top them with a tomato sauce and add some toppings, then bake in the oven. Just don’t call it ‘pizza’ to any Italians, or they will sacrifice you to the pizza gods. 

Pizza bagels

Edited by Thunder Kiss

You can fit 1000 calories worth of good healthy foods into a smoothie or shake instead of eating a 1000 calorie pizza with 2 days worth of sodium and fat and full of pretty much shit. Drink 2 of those and fit in 1000 calories into a couple meals and your at 3000 calories that easily. Nutrients are important too not just calories and theres some great ways to pack in a lot of calories while getting nutrients. Even the protien in your frozen pizza is shitty quality acidic protien that will leech calcium from your bones because calcium is your body's acid neutralizer. DONT DO IT BROTHA!!!

Theres probably a billion recipes online for weight gain smoothies. Theres a lot of great ones but be mindful of ingredients because theres also a lot of bullshit ones.

Btw pizza is my guilty pleasure so i understand

Edited by Adodd

@Javfly33 lol you made my day. ?

To answer your question though, there actually are certain supermarkets where they sell a higher quality freshly baked pizza depending on where you live. But still pizza is not a good option. It's very unhealthy. 

If you want to gain weight get liquid calories in. You can easily make a 1000 calorie shake in the morning. Put some protein powder/Mass gainer some peanut butter bananas oats maybe even some ice cream in there and voila. 

Consume healthy fats as well (oil, nuts, nut butter, avocado). They are very high in calories and can add up very quickly. 

Great Value has a cauliflower pizza that is great. 700 calories per the entire pizza, something like that.