Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ivankiss

Music: Discovering 'My Sound'

63 posts in this topic

Still working on that first single. Still absolutely in love with it.

I like how the process is not forced. I let it come to me. I adjust to it. I give it time to unfold. It could be said, that I'm allowing the song to write itself.

It's nearly done now. I have it all written down, note for note, for all instruments. But I kinda hit a wall at the guitar solo part lol. I don't want just a random solo, for the sake of there being a solo... I want something a bit special and different than what I used to do. I want it to be the cherry on the top of this cake. Playing around with it tonight.

Towards the end of the solo, I'm feeling a spacey arpeggio section, which would then dissolve into the climax of the song. Pretty sure I'll go with it.

Here's the idea for it, real quick:

diminished arp thingy

And it's freaking done. The song is officially finished, tonight.

I mean, I'm sure I'll be doing and adding some tweaks and touches later on, but for now, this is it. All of it.

6:55 minutes of rock solid material.

9 instruments. Lots of colors and cool dynamics.

It took me more than 3 months to write down this beast. It was a rollercoaster, to say the least. I went through all kinds of shit in that period, and it somehow translated into this song.

I'm more than happy and satisfied with the final product. Even though it's not actually final, just yet. Next step is recording. And that is going to take some more time - I imagine.

Right now I do not have all the stuff I need to make it happen. But, I'm working on it, steadily.

All in all; things are looking awesome, musically speaking. My new sound/style is one step closer to fully coming to life.

Beautiful.