Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ivankiss

Music: Discovering 'My Sound'

63 posts in this topic

Looking forward to my first writing session tonight. Feeling inspired.

First track in the making.

I've got some cool oriental melodies going on. God I love harmonic minor... But also; there are some cool euphoric parts, that lock you into an epic trance.

Some polyrhythms and syncopations. Lost of big, dramatic symphonies. Cool dynamics.

I like where the thing is headed, but I still don't know what's the final product. I keep surprising myself along the way.

Good Lord, how am I only just now learning of the existence of the eight-string guitar? I've got the standard six-string guitar as well as a twelve-string guitar, didn't realise there was anything in between.

Anyway, really looking forward to hearing what you come up with, bro :)

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

2 hours ago, ivankiss said:

@RickyFitts it's a whole new world! :)

I can imagine! B|

Fuck's sake, I want one now xD

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

4 hours ago, RickyFitts said:

I can imagine! B|

Fuck's sake, I want one now xD

It also has some cons. You can't strum it so easily, especially if you strum something below the 7th string. It makes your hand more prone to tension. The frets also usually are further from each other so you may need to stretch. Much bigger voicing and scale options which will make learning frustrating. Ohh and terrible internet presence. xD 'why do you need an 8 string if you just play the bottom 3 strings". It is harder to mix and master, it is more out of intonation, and your bass player will feel very uncomfortable around it.

20 minutes ago, Applegarden8 said:

and your bass player will feel very uncomfortable around it.

Unless he's rocking a six string bass B|

But yeah. Pretty much facts. Loved it xD

@Applegarden8 It does look like a challenge to play, to put it mildly xD

2 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Unless he's rocking a six string bass B|

This is something else I discovered before, I didn't know you could get bass guitars with more than 4/5 strings - apparently you can get eight-string bass guitars, for pity's sake, though why you'd need eight strings on a bass I really can't fathom! 

I got it! I got, I got it, I fucking got it!

My sound is born!

Planning a long writing session today... The stuff that's coming through is incredible!

Ahh, man.. it's so heavenly! Feels so right!

Giz a sample of your work then Ivan, I'm getting a sore butt from perching on the edge of my seat here xD

@ivankiss In your own time, bro, in your own time!

Update:

My computer decided to stop working, just a few days before I moved to Italy. Thankfully; I did not lose too much material.

I've been working my ass off these days. If everything goes as planned; I should be buying a new computer within the next month or so. And then; I'm right back on track.

Tons of ideas piling up in my mind. Big breakthroughs in terms of singing, style and the overall approach to composition.

The hype is real!

4 hours ago, ivankiss said:

The hype is real!

No-one could accuse you of lacking confidence bro, I like that xD Looking forward to hearing what you come up with B|

@RickyFitts Confidence is the natural state of consciousness B| It's a quality of God.

Really appreciate all your support.

May you be blessed.

@ivankiss May you be blessed too, my friend :) 

43 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@RickyFitts Confidence is the natural state of consciousness B| It's a quality of God.

Love this, this is wisdom B|

Got a computer. It's not the most powerful ever, but it will do the trick for now. It's a very temporary solution.

First writing session after the break tonight!

So very excited!

21 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Got a computer. It's not the most powerful ever, but it will do the trick for now. It's a very temporary solution.

First writing session after the break tonight!

So very excited!

So, what about a collab. ;))))))))))))))