Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
machiavelli

ISKCON Hare krishna Cult. And your views on it.

4 posts in this topic

Whats your view on hare krishna cult that is being spread by Iskcon. 

It feels like monotheistic version of hinduism where lord krishna is preached among masses by Iskcon as Supreme God Head.

They refer Krishna is only true God . And surrender to him to get liberated from cycle of birth and death. 

Iskcon is spreading this cult in West. Specially in america they are establishing their base . I have seen Iskcon distributing Bhagwat Geeta to all people.

Hinduism being a Polytheistic religion has diverse beliefs and is divided into different sects . 

Isckon founder prabhupada rejects Non dualism theory of advaita vedanta. And says Krishna is only true God . And is responsible for the creation of universe and all humans.

What's your view on this cult?

They are brainwashing people and converting them by propagating false dogmas.

They are biased and rejects other hindu scriptures such as veda and upanishads.

And claim bhagwag geeta is only true. 

I think they are trying to convert Western people to new religion based on strict monotheism which has Lord Krishna as Supreme God who created this universe.

Christians are attracting more towards the honey coat teachings of it. Without even mentioning what actually is written in hindu scriptures . 

I think they want to convert all christians in hinduism. What's your view on this?

Also they discourage their followers to have rational approach towards their teaching. They dont want people to question their scriptures.  

istockphoto-1176611332-612x612.jpg

istockphoto-816889666-612x612.jpg

main-qimg-dcaba55b588a8ab23262ce41f5592bfe.png

They’ve been around for a long time, but they don’t seem to be making much of an impact. There was a short documentary about them on tv not long ago, comparing how the movement was doing now with what it was like in the 1970’s. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

@Bodhitree I heard that they completely mistranslated the real teachings of geeta and presented it in the form of some abrahmic cult. 

Several hindus are opposing it. As they are preaching it as monotheistic version of hinduism by discarded every other scriptures. They are spreading the wrong teaching of hinduism in west .

Hinduism core is advaita vedanta /Upanishads. And Isckon completely deny non dual teachings of it.

Personally, I think there are better religious organizations to be a part of as an American. But I understand the attraction. Everyone is dressed simply and singing mantras and hanging out with like minded people.

Just let them be. Clearly, people are needing that kind of energy and hierarchy.