Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wilhelm44

Anarchy in big parts of South Africa

6 posts in this topic

Feels very surreal and a proper wake up call to know that Existence is more important than it's content.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't help but feel that this is a miracle blessing in disguise, like some deep healing finally happening for this country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2021 at 6:20 AM, Wilhelm44 said:

Feels very surreal and a proper wake up call to know that Existence is more important than it's content.

 

I appreciate your sentiment, but we *are* the content. The ones on this forum, the forum itself, even the internet is the content. And there is nothing beyond the content to experience. In light of this, the Buddhist teachings on compassion become evident. It is in our power to help the suffering of other beings. Maybe not in South Africa, for most of us, but in our own communities, our own backyards. Peace and violence ripple equally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

I appreciate your sentiment, but we *are* the content. The ones on this forum, the forum itself, even the internet is the content. And there is nothing beyond the content to experience. In light of this, the Buddhist teachings on compassion become evident. It is in our power to help the suffering of other beings. Maybe not in South Africa, for most of us, but in our own communities, our own backyards. Peace and violence ripple equally.

I hear you, when I wrote that I was in shock and admittedly some fear. It helped me to go beyond it all for a while by just being the screen upon which everything was appearing. But I am sensing a return to it all within myself now, ie oneness of existence and it's content. And thus more compassion also. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wilhelm44 said:

I hear you, when I wrote that I was in shock and admittedly some fear. It helped me to go beyond it all for a while by just being the screen upon which everything was appearing. But I am sensing a return to it all within myself now, ie oneness of existence and it's content. And thus more compassion also. Thank you.

And thank you! It is very evident that you care about the plight of other people. What a beautiful thing to carry into the world with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

A perspective of the situation from a South African who has lived majority of his life in China. Apparently at least part of the problem is tribal society (SD stage purple/red), where even a very corrupted and incapable leader can govern a country into a total disaster if he is from the right tribe/ethnic group, in addition to a strong general mob mentality.

Edited by Delis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0