Beeflamb

How do you progress along the path?

9 posts in this topic

I feel all over the place in life and in pursuit of Truth. I jump from one guru to the next, one research paper, astrology, psychedelic research, sparking new insights and glimpses into something that seems "bigger" and "more truthful" but only leads me further down an infinite rabbit hole. I stop. I laugh and enjoy life for a bit, I get bored. I come back and revisit myself in solitude and introversion. I also dabble into various spiritual practices, yogas, binaural audio, psychedelic trips, never finding an anchor in which to ground myself to, because from my understanding I am literally everything and I can't be grounded to one such character in the play.

It is almost as though I've gone too far off and into the rabbit hole, losing touch with the physical world and not incorporating the two in a harmonic way. Feeling torn between being ambitious and just basking in the "be-ingness" of it all, not trying to achieve anything in particular as there is no differentiation between doing and not doing. Achieving and not achieving. 

Is there any reason to become ambitious and have a goal in the world? Aside from pleasing the ego

If you find yourself losing ground with reality be prepared to be radically honest with yourself. Speak to others who are more grounded. Speaking to 'normies' can be really grounding like a rope back to the collective headspace. As much as we can judge our culture for being primitive, it's also great for survival which is the most foundational aspect of this work. Seeing reality as it is, mundane, normal, etc. 

It's important to ground yourself. Try speaking to a psychologist. I personally speak to a professional every week to work through my own personal problems and illusions. 

This idea that you will find 'Truth' and everything will change, be perfect forever and you will not longer have problems, or you will discover some mystical fate is false. Speak to people, embrace mundane ordinary reality. Take a break from the seeking, psychs, listening to gurus because I have fallen into that trap in the past and it only leads to spinning your wheels.

Be patient, realize how long life is and that you don't need to know all the answer today. 

Let your life be lived. Don't focus on living by all these spiritual rules. Notice how you have lived fine before listening to all this stuff about being, doing, character, ego etc... Life is just what it is. We don't really want to live with all these spiritual concepts that are supposed to free us. They can easily become chains and delusion, despite wearing the robes of 'truth'.

Don't chase spiritual and mystical highs. Embrace regularity. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

17 hours ago, Beeflamb said:

Is there any reason to become ambitious and have a goal in the world? Aside from pleasing the ego

Reality is a dance between the world and Nothingness.

Escaping Nothingness gives you the world.

Escaping the world gives you Nothingness.  

Whatever you do, you must find joy in the dance.

That's why we need solid values/beliefs to ground yourself in between all the work.

Edited by SgtPepper

You're doing wonderfully. A bit of this and a bit of that - The Path is not a straight line.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

@Beeflamb I would suggest slowing down, and doing one thing in depth for a while. Pick a guru, and follow that person’s content exclusively for say three or four months, really get into it, do repeats, maybe get in touch personally. 

You’re always going to be doing first this, then that, on a spiritual path composed of segments, but try to give each segment the attention it truly deserves. Jumping from one topic to the next and getting all turned about by the variety is not an ideal way to the truth. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

@Beeflamb The path to truth is seeing through the illusion of ego by letting go of egoic thought and feelings that arises. That's it. Everything else is distractions.

@Beeflamb Life purpose course

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

have the mind of christ. you don't have to do ego things. ego is sin, it is ego prohibiting you from truth. my definition of ego is sin. sin is separation from God. you will never find God with ego. have the mind of christ. go after life having limitless desires and search with enjoyment and politeness. God only do the result.