Preety_India

Why can't humanity transcend survival?

108 posts in this topic

I don't think we can really bring a practical shift in consciousness in a meaningful direction if we're constantly stuck in survival mode.

It seems humanity is stuck in survival mode for ages. 

And we simply cannot look beyond survival. 

This has turned into a bottleneck and it leads to greed, deception and ultimately destruction. 

Why can't humans see that such selfishness around survival is a war on consciousness ?

Will we ever be able to move beyond survival one last time and take that huge leap and jump to the other side to witness the beauty of high conscious meaningful living ?

All I see is humans pandering and scrambling for survival, playing games , playing politics and engaging in diplomacy, with the ultimate intention of fulfilling self serving goals at the expense of the destruction of greater good.

Why are humans so blind to the greater good of humanity?

Why can't we forget survival for a minute? What are we afraid of ? Why are we afraid of death? Why can't we see that the fear of death is making life so cheap ?

Survival is a huge block in the path to higher consciousness. 

It's blocking human spiritual progress.

Can the solution be an easy form of survival for each and every member of society like Universal Basic Income UBI ?

But even if we want a smooth survival for everyone, this can only be ensured for a very small population.

This means the human population should be extremely small for the survival needs to be met.

Can UBI and a small population solve survival woes of humanity?

Can this bring a change in consciousness once humanity stops fixating on survival ?

Or are we genetically engineered and coded to always keep fighting for survival and make it even more complicated than it already is ? 

Will it be foolish to assume that humanity will follow a straight path if survival is made easy for everyone ?

INTP loner... .shy girl.. The devil loves me a bit too much. 

Quick access to journal entries

Posted (edited)

seems to be a fundamental problem in everything. If all breakthrough of understandings are scoped to holons and perspectives, they are double-edge swords. Survival and understandings are not just entangled but identical (maybe).

I can think of some ways to cope with this:

1) Focus on "metaness" (such as in Leo's approach). This is the way I see it:

dessin.png

2) Grinding knowledge until evidences for "the absolute state of the ego" become evident or indisputable. Such as how mathematics unfolds itself into the incompleteness theorem (which seems to gather some popularity lately https://youtu.be/HeQX2HjkcNo). The same outcome could happen on every branch of "knowledge". The issue is, the ego might be infinitely finite and limitless in its stupidity (as I am an excellent proof of that), such that we don't know if time alone is enough.

3) Do (1) but unconsciously: with game theory. Blockchain is the most beautiful example of this. The idea is to create altruistic systems that are stronger when all participants act selfishly. The issue with this "vortex" approach is, the system itself can become its own source of selfishness. So did the state of things really improved? I don't know.

tenor.gif

Edited by nuwu

Our egos can't sustain it.

لا إله إلا الله، وليو رسول الله

@Preety_India Its because it is personally threatening and most of the humans are not ready for it. If humans had pursued life beyond survival then it would move humans to a higher conscious humanity. Its too difficult to convince 8 billion people to do this.

I think an effective strategy to cope with this is to focus on contributing positively to the world and sharing your gifts by making use of your strengths. 

" You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated." Maya Angelou

Put yourself in a survival situation and the last thing you'll care about is raising your consciousness.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Posted (edited)

If you are talking about India, then there is not enough wealth to redistribute as UBI.

India also has very low "innovation per capita"(basically, wealth creation). So low that India cannot even afford to charge a high inheritance tax, in order to promote wealth creation and business growth. High inheritance tax discourages it and is a factor in significantly slowing down business growth in such countries.

Same for virtually all the countries on the planet today.

UBI is 100s of years away for most of the Earth. It is not recommended to set hopes on UBI as that can lead to emotional suffering due to the time gap.

Edited by captainamerica

6 hours ago, sda said:

@Preety_India Its because it is personally threatening and most of the humans are not ready for it. If humans had pursued life beyond survival then it would move humans to a higher conscious humanity. Its too difficult to convince 8 billion people to do this.

I think an effective strategy to cope with this is to focus on contributing positively to the world and sharing your gifts by making use of your strengths. 

yes thhis would be the sensible thing to do. The more we give back to the world and community, it will nourish the broken parts of yourself back together. Into wholeness. Mother Teresa was a gorgeous example of charitable and loving nature

@Preety_India How about you first?

Show humanity the way by your example.

The day you transcend survival, you will understand why no one else has.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Preety_India How about you first?

Show humanity the way by your example.

The day you transcend survival, you will understand why no one else has.

You do realise that sometimes actions have to be taken collectively? No ? If one person does it, that person is dead and gone and the message is lost. But when people do things collectively, it turns into a movement. I thought you would know this?

4 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

You do realise that sometimes actions have to be taken collectively? No ? If one person does it, that person is dead and gone and the message is lost. But when people do things collectively, it turns into a movement. I thought you would know this?

Yeah, well, the movement becomes a tool for survival and devilry.

If you were really interested in transcending survival you wouldn't need a movement.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah, well, the movement becomes a tool for survival and devilry.

So a movement to save humanity from survival games and moving to high conscious living is a tool for survival and Devilry ?

That's probably the most foolish argument I've heard in a while.

Everything is Devilry to you!

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you were really interested in transcending survival you wouldn't need a movement.

You still don't get it. I'm asking about humanity, not one person!

Go purify your samskaras. And it's samskaras, not samsakras. You made a huge spelling error in your last couple of posts. Learn to spell it right.

( I don't care >:(:ph34r:  )

Edited by Preety_India

36 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I'm asking about humanity, not one person!

Humanity is survival 😝

To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

Just now, Preety_India said:

It shouldn't have to be!!!!!!!!!!!!

The day we collectively transcend survival, we will no longer be humans, either quite literally as in form, or as in identity, thus there will no longer be a humanity :)

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

The day we collectively transcend survival, we will no longer be humans, either quite literally as in form, or as in identity, thus there will no longer be a humanity :)

This thought is an illusion.

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

This thought is an illusion.

It's hard to imagine what humanity looks like without survival, because virtually everything about it is survival.

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

So a movement to save humanity from survival games and moving to high conscious living is a tool for survival and Devilry ?

Yup, now you got it.

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yup, now you got it.

Then why do you keep preaching high consciousness if transcending survival is Devilry in your eyes? And you really believe that high Consciousness is possible without transcending survival then your thinking is foolish ?

Posted (edited)

Not sure what you mean when you say that survival is bad.

All of you are in a strong survival mode. You don't want to die. And when someone is suicidal you try to prevent the suicide from happening. And if a loved one would die you would be absolutely devastated.

So this idea that survival is only for pathetic low consciousness people is obviously nonsense.

Edited by Blackhawk

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."   — Robert A. Heinlein

"I'm allergic to stupidity."   — Chris Colfer