Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marinaaniram

SOS is passion/purpose in life a Social Construct???

5 posts in this topic

So basically my question is - does everyone HAVE TO find their passion and purpose in life? because i m really struggling with finding my own
for my whole life i ve been interested and passionate only about one particular thing (doesnt really matter what is it) i ve been doing really greeat but i got an injury and there is no chance i can go back and doing this again

i started to ask myself what else do i wanna do in life and devote myself to besides that? and there is just nothing that interests me as much as that thing, of course i get excited about thing and curious but nothing lasts long and i dont have the same feelings for anything

I understand that my happiness doesnt depend on success and i actually feel completely fine not doing anything particular and just living my life

But there is always a thought that i m missing something, that i should somehow realize my potentiol especially under the influence of social media
and i dont really understand, is that really my need to find and devote myself to ONE thing thing and to DEVELOP passion for that or is it just coming from society and i should just relax?

It is a construction. But a useful one.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@marinaaniram

No. When you hyphen them together you make it seem like it. A social construct is literally your thought, social construct. You are the creator of passion & purpose. Since you are, if the question is ever should I relax, the answer is always yes. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Trust me, you'll find something through more life experience. At a certain point, thinking about it isn't always going to get you there. Try new things. Experiment. You can have secondary passions. My original passion was music, but once I delved into psychology, I found that I enjoyed that even more. Now music is secondary to me, but it is a passion. I wouldn't have even known music was passion if I didn't pick up a guitar and teach myself to play. When you find that thing, it's really tough to say that passion is a "social construct". Feels like more. 

Edited by Depersonilized

23 minutes ago, Depersonilized said:

Trust me, you'll find something through more life experience. At a certain point, thinking about it isn't always going to get you there. Try new things. Experiment. You can have secondary passions. My original passion was music, but once I delved into psychology, I found that I enjoyed that even more. Now music is secondary to me, but it is a passion. I wouldn't have even known music was passion if I didn't pick up a guitar and teach myself to play. When you find that thing, it's really tough to say that passion is a "social construct". Feels like more. 

thanks for the answer!! yea.. but it is possible that i ll never find anything that ll replace my past passon (that i now cannot be active at) because i ve already tried so many things and i m really open to the world and new experiences and nothing feels like THAT, BESIDES THOUGH self-actualizing, enlightment , but i think that it is very personal and i dont wanna share my journey with my friends etc,but still want to be social