Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alfonsoo

How much LSD did I really had?

12 posts in this topic

I took a single square from a strip of five sold to me as 100 ug per tab. It was my first time and maybe that contributed to the overwhelming experience but after reading some reports and technical data I started to suspect that my trip was considerably stronger than what the internet depicted. Maybe it had to do with my set and setting, etc but I record almost 15 hours since intake until I fully recovered normal function and for all due purposes out of the effects. During the trip, close to the peak but not even at the climax I had a real bad time keeping my balance, not so much as nausea, but more as if I had ran a marathon and could barely walk to the bathroom. To the point where I decided to lie down and just drift off with the visuals and sensations, sleeping from time to time, very lucidly. To the point I had a hard time telling apart being awake from asleep (but not in a negative way). I attempted to eat a couple hours after the peak: meat felt grainy like dirt, fruit was interesting but quickly got sick of it too. Through out the trip I got cold or hot too easily, I was switching the AC on and off every 10 minutes. Also I fell into thought loops quite often, but nothing too serious. Sounds where ramping up and slowing down as if I was playing with a DJ console. Overall, it was a very interesting and intense experience, not very negative but heavy on the body load. I took a second trip (again, just one 100 ug tab, supposedly) and this was similar in intensity but quickly turned into hell due to inadequate set and setting and some mental negligence of mine. Thought loops (hell loops) where much more scarce but way too strong. These experiences where definitely a +++ (Shulgin scale), leaning on the heavy side (but I've got no reference point as these are my only two experiences with any substances).

The point is that these trips seemed way too strong for just 100 ug, to the point I would take "100 ug" maximum  from the same batch until I gain more hours of experience. I'll probably go with half a tab and scale up gradually.

Is this how the first trips are supposed to feel? Will it tone down with practice? Does it sound like it was a higher than 100 ug/tab? Any suggestions?

I mostly experimented with higher doses than 100 ug. 

I recommend starting at maybe 50 ug and gradually increasing the dose and see what dose is right for you.

Not sure if the dose was higher or not. I assume it wasn't because everybody reacts differently to the substance and some people are more sensitive than others. 

In my case, lsd is very unpredictable. I had trips when i felt amazing and other times when i experienced lots of nausea, the body load was heavy and uncomfortable. 

The set and setting, also how you feel emotionally one week before the trip makes the difference. 

I only trip alone because i can contemplate without any distractions. 

Yeah, never try a new drug without testing it gradually first.

I would by more than one and try 1/4 of a tab first.

You're probably a bit sensitive, but yeah, 100 is more than enough for the first time. 

You don't describe visuals. Either you're a person that doesn't get them, or the dose wasn't all that high. 

that sounds about right. Maybe it was 120ug or something, but one tab can definitely do what you described.

Edited by SgtPepper

@Elisabeth

6 hours ago, Elisabeth said:

You don't describe visuals. Either you're a person that doesn't get them, or the dose wasn't all that high. 

My bad I forgot to mention them. Moderate geometrical shapes mostly with closed eyes. Opened eyes had more of like chromatic aberration and on large clear surfaces a metallic rainbowy fx (like diffraction ) At the very peak there where some very strong CEVs (seeing another entity / realm ) The trip was to strong on the body to stay awake and with opened eyes.

Edited by Alfonsoo

3 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

that sounds about right. Maybe it was 120ug or something, but one tab can definitely do what you described.

does it get more manageable with practice?

15 hours ago, Alfonsoo said:

@Recursoinominado Yeah, I thought that a 100 was a good beginners dose, below a 100 seemed to close to a microdose 

100 is a ok dose, a bit strong for beginners, I would say.

But the problem is you really never know how the tab was dosed.

I would not bet this is an exact process, maybe they just pour one drop of acid in each individual paper, but maybe some get two by mistake or the way the sheet of paper is produced makes the liquid accumulate in some corner and this corner is super strong.

The lack of regulations makes it always random.

I did consumed LSD tabs that were WAY stronger than what was advertised.

One time I took 1/4 of a tab to go to a party and it turned out to be superdosed, when it started to hit, I knew I fucked up.

Also, even if you test it, you can never really know the purity of it.

The tab can have real LSD but it could also contain other substances, which make the trip "dirtier" and harder to handle.

I would always try a small dose first to test it.

@flowboy Please elaborate. I know you have to let go, but I've heard sometimes the trip is just too much and maybe is best to try to distract your self a bit. Some times you're just not ready to get the full blow head first. Specially when the trip goes haywire. Bad trips can teach a lot, I know, but sometimes it is not worth the trauma.

Wouldn't you agree?

2 hours ago, Alfonsoo said:

@flowboy Please elaborate. I know you have to let go, but I've heard sometimes the trip is just too much and maybe is best to try to distract your self a bit. Some times you're just not ready to get the full blow head first. Specially when the trip goes haywire. Bad trips can teach a lot, I know, but sometimes it is not worth the trauma.

Wouldn't you agree?

No, I wouldn't agree.

All these statements are bad advice and fear-based. A fear of one's own mind.

Psyche-delic means mind-manifesting. What's on your mind (conscious or subconscious) manifests in your experience.

Psychedelics punish fear and reward trust.

All these advices are based on the idea that a difficult experience is a bad thing. That distrustful attitude makes it not go well, and people who take this attitude have more difficult experiences and often (think they) have to resort to trip killers and the like.

Instead, trust that whatever the psychedelic shows you will be in your best interest.

It's happening for you, not against you.

It's actually amazing how learning to navigate a psychedelic experience is a model for learning how to navigate life.

Of course, respect set and setting

And if you don't like something, it's okay to change it. Just like in life. You can change the music, switch between open/closed eyes, walk around if you want. But you can't always change it. Just like in life.

It helps to meditate regularly.

It helps to practice keeping a symmetrical, open body posture and belly breathing.

Have I had fearful moments on LSD? Sure! But then I get to the root of the fear, figure it out, and within an hour I have overcome it, learnt a lot and am super happy again.

My first ever trip, I took 2 tabs of LSD, because someone had erroneously told me that if I didn't feel the first one in half an hour, it wasn't going to work.

I went through a lot of fearing that 'this was too intense'.

And every time I feared that it was too intense/exhausting, everything became grayscale, wet, and a lot of crawling bugs appeared.

Then I discovered that breathing deeply made everything rainbowy again, and color returned.

So I learnt to breathe through my fear.

That was useful.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/