anderson

if there is no free will what is the "I" that reincarnates?

38 posts in this topic

It is so nice to continue Gurus,Jesus Christ,Buddha ,Science,Pick up (my favorite) ,relationships,family ,friends ,religions,novels everything,Leo whatever you name it.

So we continue ,ok.

Lets run wheel forever.

reality takes itself as a model to be. you are the reality that takes shape in a determined energy pattern. You are not the form, but the reality, but the form exists. During your life this form changes, sometimes radically, creating a new pattern. When you die, this pattern will serve as a model for another in which reality will be, to keep changing

There is no one 'incarnated on Earth'. There is no planet. There is no time, space or physical stuff, internet, stars or brains.

There was no birth, you've never been a baby as you imagine you did. You being a baby at some point = what you imagine in your Mind right now to be the case. Investigate your conscious direct experience. 

There is no beginning & no end.

You're creating a mental construction, imagining and believing it to be true in the sense that smth happened or began in the past.

'The thing' that 'incarnates' is an idea you're imagining in the Now. Even 'in the Now' is a fabrication. There is just the eternal 'this'. It never goes away, it never vanishes, it has never been born, it never died, it is always 'here' no matter what 'here' appears to be. Just 'this'. 'This' is what's aware and reading this text right now. Without 'this' there is no text, no screen, no experience. Hi there, 'This'! I am 'this' too and I am the same 'this' as you!

Well, language is dualistic, look in your direct experience. 

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

"There is no free will" is a thought you're having.

Do not mistake concepts derived from language for actuality.

Think about dreaming without being lucid. Things happen, right? Well, what is creating the whole thing? Consciousness.

Do you have 'what you call free will' while dreaming at night without being lucid? It's all about how conscious you are, right? Well, is it? Think about it. If you have a dream about being a bee you will start behaving according to what you think a bee would or should do, right? Yes and No. It's relative. You have never been a bee in 'waking life' so whatever you do is exactly what Consciousness conceives you being a bee to be like. What would the refference point be in this case? Infinity

You might forget what a bee even look like and start morphing into a butterfly. Or you might change form on purpose. Why would you choose one particular 'avatar' over the other?

Now think about getting lucid while dreaming, being in a lucid dream. Once you get lucid, you can choose to do anything you want. You feel free and fully aware. Right?

So. I didn't say anything here, I'm just pointing at something. 

Edited by Anahata

On 7/14/2021 at 5:06 AM, Nahm said:

@anderson

Any thoughts on this

Happy to make a short follow up for anything missed. 

?? 

Took me sometime to consume/contemplate/absorb this video. But, thank you. Your 2 snow spheres analogy is just so simple that's actually easy to go unnoticed. Glad I found your channel, hope you keep posting more videos like this, I spent hours already listening to all the content you posted.

On 7/15/2021 at 2:26 PM, Zeroguy said:

Dream after dream from the very same spot?

Sounds familiar?

No?

ok, you nailed it here

Funny anecdote.

I was once talking to a Buddhist monk, and asked him what happens at the moment of death.

His reply?

"Are you dying right now? No? Then ask me when you are." 

The point is, speculation is useless. Take the mystery one step at a time, leaving the mental noise at the door. If you can maintain presence, you will find the peace that you imagine these answers will bring. :) 

On 16/07/2021 at 0:41 AM, Zeroguy said:

It's called awakening with a good reason but it is life threatening ,is it?

Incarnation?

yes. 

am i missing something??

6 minutes ago, sara373 said:

@Anahata so we are an illusion in this illusion? nothingness? 

:(

Pretty much. Your ego won't accept that because it's gonna fear dealing with this avatar not existing.

@anderson but you mean my avatar doesn't exist. the Self does, right? Just making sure.

Edited by sara373

Just now, sara373 said:

@Anahata so we are an illusion in this illusion? nothingness? 

:(

'Illusion' is a thought you're having. So is what you call 'nothingness' now before awakening. You're looking at dualistic thoughts when you say things like 'illusion', 'nothingness' without having direct experience of the actual (...) prior to any concepts. You are not a concept. You are not a thought. You're not an illusion.

Also, you're not a creature/human on planet Earth who's been born on a physical plane.

The way you experience life right now needs 'a backdrop of the story(you're creating)', a fabrication... aka 'my past as a child, my birth, my memories, historical events' and so on.

Because Reality is ultimately groundless. But not what you think(before you awaken) 'groundless' means. You are absolutely free. Freedom itself. God's Will is all-powerful. 

Infinite creative control, infinite creative power + Infinite intelligence,imagination.

You are Truth. By using the word 'truth' I'm pointing to THAT which is prior to any concept.

Once 'it' gets recognized for what 'it' truly is/once You actually awaken to your true nature, you realize that Reality is truth. The Substance of 'what you call your body' or 'sound' or 'light' or rain' & everything = God. There is no external substance, there is no 'separate anything' in Reality.

The meanings that can be manifested/dreamed into existence are potentially infinite. 

God/You/Consciousness is Absolute infinity.

So any relative stuff it creates, any stories, life stories,  identities etc are facets of Absolute infinity too. 

Beyond all the layers & concepts, there is actuality. 

Beyond any label & way of explaining away the present moment, there is Truth. But only by recognizing the relative for what its substance really is will You recognize that form & formlessness are identical in nature.

This right here is it. Always.

Edited by Anahata

Just now, sara373 said:

@anderson but you mean my avatar doesn't exist. the Self does, right? Just making sure.

You can awaken only through direct experience. 

Please do the work if you want Truth.

Pointers are just that, pointers.

•What's reading this text rn• is where I'm pointing at. 

But only You can see Yourself for what you really are. 

Explanations & descriptions are not the actual direct experience.

"The map is not the territory."

Bless 

@Anahata  yes , I know of this. the I AM. Pure consciousness/God/Source.

ty for answering :)

Just now, sara373 said:

@Anahata  yes , I know of this. the I AM. Pure consciousness/God/Source.

ty for answering :)

11 hours ago, sara373 said:

I would say it's the opposite. You can say that your avatar exists in the same level as a cup of coffee exists. You had to create a lot of shit to believe that you and a cup of coffee exits and to believe in a personal experience at this point. But in a blink of an eye all of this experience vanish and you can either have another experience in reality, like being an ant or just go back to source, that is everything and nothing.

As @Anahata said above, you need to keep working until having it as direct experience. Mind is incapable and not really designed to it.

@sara373 I actually like your “you are an illusion inside of a illusion” definition.

But words are tricky so we need to first define “you”. “You” aren’t a illusion. But sara373 avatar or whatever is your name is.

you need years of seeking to have a small glimpse of experience and I don’t know where you are at in the journey, but I can offer things that I put together after long time made me realize a few of this things.