Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Juliano Zn

My Love and Pain for Animals

7 posts in this topic

I love animals so much. Dogs, rats, birds, ants... I love them all.

Whenever I see or even know about an animal suffering and in pain, it hurts me deeply. I can't stand it. It's one of the most difficult things about life for me. 

Some time ago, my dog attacked a small bird and wounded him.

After the attack, I got the bird and took care of him. I tried to keep him warm and fed for a day but he wouldn't move his legs. I think his spine was damaged. So I took him to the vet and killed him.

That night I did a 45 minute session of shamanic breathing. I cried the whole session. There were moments I felt like I wanted to take all the suffering in the world on me.

It doesn't make sense the ripping and killing of beautiful creatures. Why God would create such beauty and destroy it, corrupt it.

I wanted to suffer less about this. But it feels somehow that I would be loving them less if I did. Does that make sense? 

How do you feel about all of this?

How to heal this deep wound?

I think you should start to accept that life can be fucked up sometimes. It's full tragedy not only beautiful things. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Yeah it has to be deeply tragic because the situation is deeply tragic. God is stuck here alone for eternity, dreaming up whatever it wants. Nothing is real, but pain gives life meaning. It makes it real because there are real stakes. It's also heaven ofc. The never-ending stoooooryyy ??

11 hours ago, Juliano Zn said:

I love animals so much. Dogs, rats, birds, ants... I love them all.

Whenever I see or even know about an animal suffering and in pain, it hurts me deeply. I can't stand it. It's one of the most difficult things about life for me. 

This problem is very good.

This is an important aspect of your spiritual journey.

For you, a huge part of realizing God & Love will be coming face to face with the full implication of what Infinite Love actually means.

How difficult do you think it is for God to take full responsibility for creating animal suffering?

You see? This will prevent you from realizing yourself as God, and God as Love, because you are unable to accept this shadow side of yourself.

THIS IS THE WORK: accepting the fullness of Love.

Some time ago, my dog attacked a small bird and wounded him.

After the attack, I got the bird and took care of him. I tried to keep him warm and fed for a day but he wouldn't move his legs. I think his spine was damaged. So I took him to the vet and killed him.

That night I did a 45 minute session of shamanic breathing. I cried the whole session. There were moments I felt like I wanted to take all the suffering in the world on me.

This is good. This shows you have an innate spiritual connection to consciousness.

It doesn't make sense the ripping and killing of beautiful creatures. Why God would create such beauty and destroy it, corrupt it.

You're not seeing the full, infinite picture.

How can God create life without death, beautiful without ugly? How can there be creation without destruction.

Don't forget, animals are vicious in the wild to each other. That's survival 101. Corruption IS survival!

That beautiful bird you nursed had to kill thousands of bugs to maintain it beauty. And then karma killed it. << THAT is the higher Beauty of the whole cycle.

I wanted to suffer less about this. But it feels somehow that I would be loving them less if I did. Does that make sense? 

As Ken Wilber once put it, enlightenment means you feel deeper, it hurts more, and it matters less.

Doing the spiritual work will help your mind reconcile these things.

How to heal this deep wound?

Realize that you're being biased, and that God/Love is the realization that all biases are imaginary and illusory.

In other words, realize that survival, corruption, suffering, death, destruction, and callousness are all a necessary part of Absolute Love.

Your love for animals is good, but it is biased and limited. Spirituality will teach you how to expand that love to include EVERYTHING that could exist. Don't just love animals, love the entire cycle of life. Don't just love the beautiful, love the ugly, love the selfish, love the corrupt. See it all as one thing. Love until it kills you ;) (you = the ego, not physical harm to the body).

In short, realize that EVERYTHING is Love. Then you will look upon the whole world as you do that beautiful bird.

It's not enough to become one with the good parts of reality, you must become one with the bad too. That's where the work is really challenging.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 hours ago, Juliano Zn said:

Love is not a commitment that exists over time, an agreement that you make to honor and uphold forever and ever. It does not need that effort from you. Love feels like love, love is only now. You can love the idea of love, or you can BE love. In truth, both the idea and the being are love but the thought love seems to have an opposite. There is nothing lost in letting go of the idea of love except the fear of or presumed possibility of its opposite or absence. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

As Ken Wilber once put it, enlightenment means you feel deeper, it hurts more, and it matters less.

Here's the clip of Ken talking about this. 

Thank you guys! 

And Leo, I'm very grateful and lucky to have you in my life. Thank you.