Husseinisdoingfine

Who was Jesus Christ?✝️

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Was Jesus Christ a real person? Was he the son of God, or was he more like an Indian yogi. I heard conspiracy theories that he studied the Vedas. Was he apparently so spiritually conscious, that he was able to heal the blind, turn water into wine, and walk on water? If so, than why aren't Leo and Sadghuru able to do so? What do we make of the resurrection?

Christ_the_Yogi_8x10.jpg

Sadghuru's answer is more down to Earth.

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

لا إله إلا الله، وليو رسول الله

To me, Jesus means that it’s okay to be different. Not everyone has to follow the same practices or ways of life. Diversity is a good thing. It’s okay to be a stranger—to be different and ‘other.’ There is room for otherness with God. 

Jesus was a paradox—and yeah, he was a real person. 

A classic way to interpret the Jesus paradox is the glory/humility hermeneutic. On the one hand, people saw “signs of glory,” like Jesus turning water into wine at his mother’s request, to prevent humiliation at a wedding, and healing the sick. People interpreted these signs as showing Jesus’ close association with God.

Then, on the other hand, Jesus lived shoulder-to-shoulder with ordinary people—working as a stone carpenter, receiving the baptism of repentance, and suffering from temptations like control. “Jesus prayed with loud cries and tears to the One who could save him.” So Jesus also identified as God’s son and said, “why does it offend you that I call God my Father—does not the scripture say, “You [to whom the word of God’s came] are all the children of God”? 

The story concludes with the paradox of Jesus stripped naked and tortured in a most humiliating manner and crying, “My God, my God—why have you forsaken me?”

Then the resurrection and glorification—Jesus appearing filled with the Spirit of God, with the wounds of his death still in his body. 

So there is this paradox: Jesus is somehow very close to God—even identified with God and filled with God’s spirit—but also, Jesus empties himself through obedience, and suffers crucifixion in accordance with the Law (or foreknowledge) of God. 

Jesus is unified with, but also other than, the one he called ‘Abba’ or ‘Daddy.’ It is also a message about the “power” of love. 

Of course, the concept of “glory” is historical red/blue language of the time. 

No is the straight forward simple answer. He wasn’t a real person in the sense of what you think of as a real person. I’ve absolutely no doubt in my mind about this. All characters from the bible are representations of states of consciousness. All the stories are symbolic in nature and not anything that ever happened regarding ‘real’ people. It’s the writers of these stories who were the enlightened ones. Whoever they actually were. There was man walking the streets as Jesus, or Moses, or any of them. If your going to look at it like that, as in take it literally then they may as well be complete myths. It’s completely misinterpreted. Jesus Christ is you, your very own awareness, your consciousness, the imagination imagining you right now. The crucifixion represents God laying down to become the humans that we are,  kind of like the death of his unlimited infinite nature, although maybe not death to it but falling asleep to it. The resurrection represents your total awakening to that what you really are, infinite consciousness. They’re the states that particular story represent. Not a man ‘actually’ pinned to the cross an all that. These things in the literal sense need dropped. Looking outside for a Jesus is 100% incorrect. Not even a slight doubt in my mind. Controversial maybe. A bitter pill to swallow for some. Because of the attachment to it. Ego has completely corrupted the teachings of the bible, leading to questions like this being asked. It’s just the way it is. Awaken to the fact

Probably an enlightened guy who also had siddhis. Who knows which miracles actually happened, healing the sick seems pretty realistic.

Maybe he didn't exist, could be just a story, similar to Bhagavad Gita, pointing to enlightenment.

The point is that we simply don't know.

He is an avatar did his mission and that's all. Many avatars have manifested in earth, each with it's unique mission, however Jesus Christ was not born in India hence the great shock at that time. One of the last avatars that manifested is Sathya Sai Baba with also it's unique mission. Other avatars ar Sri Anandamayi Ma had less public missions as just being. All avatars are the same being behind those eyes, they just manifest to acomplish an specific work.

Sathya Sai Baba.jpgJAY MA.jpg

@The Buddha Kindly explain the concept of your avatar.

Avatar is a pseudo religious concept invented by mankind.  Everyone is same God not any avatar.

Your concept sounds too religious.

Jesus Christ is man who transcended survival and took on the character of the Father/God/Love as a result became the Son of God because only a Son of God can transcend survival and forgive torture. 

I believe he was a real person. It doesn't really matter though, because today you have a story of a person who changed the world and can inspire you to be like the Son of God. 

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Was Jesus Christ a real person? Was he the son of God, or was he more like an Indian yogi.  I heard conspiracy theories that he studied the Vedas. Was he apparently so spiritually conscious, that he was able to heal the blind, turn water into wine, and walk on water? If so, than why aren't Leo and Sadghuru able to do so? What do we make of the resurrection?

This is a good video on the subject (the channel is 'Let's talk religion'). But basically if  you want real historical truth then it's no good taking religious scriptures or conspiracy theories at face value (that's not their purpose), you need some decent scholarship and archaeological research. It's quite likely there was a real historical Jesus but separating fact from mythology is hard work. 

Other resources are the work of the the Westar Institute https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westar_Institute and the  now defunct Jesus seminar https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Seminar 

who have been working on this question for decades. But imo although it's a fascinating subject it doesn't really matter to our present day development if he was real or not; if the teachings in his name work for you then go for it. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

@Husseinisdoingfine

I recently read in the bible a little bit and came to the conclusion that Jesus is Love itself speaking. Another word for Love itself is "I". Just re-read the stuff Jesus said and replace the word "I" with "Love".

Just a little word of caution for your way. The way you ask about healing miracles and resurrection indicates that you are taking the bible too literally. Keep in mind that this stuff was written more than 2000 years ago in a compeletely different society.

Take the metaphors as metaphors of their time, translate it to today's time and you will get a nice message out of it.

Also, I think a lot of stuff in the bible was added by unconscious people by that time. I cannot even accuse them of having bad intentions as those societies were very uneducated by our today's standards.

Also taking the bible too literally is a mistake many christians do nowadays. The consequence is a peversion of the teachings of Jesus.