Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bazera

Where do you guys meet new people?

8 posts in this topic

Hey,

I'm just curious about your ideas, where do you meet new and interesting people? I mean, one way of meeting new people is like cold approaching them somewhere. Outside of that, if you don't change jobs or if you aren't in university, basically it becomes much harder to get into new social circles.

What are your ideas and possible solutions for this?

I was thinking of going to the events where I would find like-minded people. Like meditation and yoga events, or holotropic breathing sessions for example, or stuff like that.

Any ideas? 

Volunteer work or becoming a teacher at something or engaging in hobbies you have interest in or already good at.

@Bando Oh yeah, becoming a teacher is a nice option, I became a teacher recently, but with a very limited amount of students, and that's why I didnt saw that as a medium for meeting lots of new people. 

New hobbies sounds interesting, if one finds workshop or seminar about it, yeah.

Spending more time at the same place.  Like a rec center, grocery store, gym, pool, taking classes, etc.. 

Initially you might interact with others with just a "hi".  But over time you might get more comfortable with others you see frequently and thus open more conversation and then perhaps do things and meet up outside of that place.

Social cohesion = frequency of interections + depth of interaction. ... you can at least start with the frequency bit.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Find out what the people you like are doing in their free time and do that. I discovered all the hot girls are dancing so I'm going to try salsa.

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck Yeah that's an idea :D Do you like dancing salsa or just doing that to meet hot girls.

TOP POST

I welcome you question because i am in a same situation for months now

The ideas listed are good ones. I recommend you joining an sportclub/gym . You can get too know ppl who surprisingly get deeper that the initial chit chat. Try and join some martial arts classes.

Edited by ertopolice