LeoX8

What is the best time to quit?

12 posts in this topic

In the past year I've dedicated my free time in the development of my little online business: selling t-shirts. I know it does not sound a super conscious job but I liked it amd I was earning some money out of it which helped me in buying books and in covering a lot of my expenses. 

Lately the ball is not rolling: I was earing most of my money out of a single design but now some websites are shutting down my stores, my investements in softweres, courses and better tools are not paying off the way I wanted. 

Today one of my stores got terminated and my best and only selling design got under review with a probable removal from the platform, which means no more income for me.

I feel so low in this moment. During this time I wasted so many opportunities, I faced so much rejection and failure that now I just can't see hope. The are still some options but they are running out and the ball is not rolling fast enough.

The thing that I fear the most is letting this thing go because I spend a lot of time and energy into all of this and now I am attached to it. It feels like I am giving up my dreams in this moment and I feel like shit. 

I did not set the proper expectations and now I'm paying the consequences, but you know, after spending time everyday into practicing, reading books for success, business, enterpenuership and researching for hours I expected something bigger.

I am awere that I'm being a victim right now but I feel so loss that I figured out that I need some help in all of this, I don't know if I should quit.

thanks in advance <3

@LeoX8 I don't think you're being a victim at all.

You're facing adversity and looking for feedback and input.

Good for you!

Whether you quit depends on whether this is your dream, or an important step towards it.

If it is, you never quit! You conquer the obstacle and practice relentlessness. Requisite variety.

If you don't care about it (anymore), it's fine to quit.

Successful people quit often and quit early. Overcoming that shame and investment attachment is what enables you to find the right thing faster.

If you don't know, take 7 days off and don't do any work. Not even email. Take a trip if you can. Perhaps you're just overworked.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy

1 hour ago, flowboy said:

@LeoX8 I don't think you're being a victim at all.

You're facing adversity and looking for feedback and input.

Good for you!

Whether you quit depends on whether this is your dream, or an important step towards it.

If it is, you never quit! You conquer the obstacle and practice relentlessness. Requisite variety.

If you don't care about it (anymore), it's fine to quit.

Successful people quit often and quit early. Overcoming that shame and investment attachment is what enables you to find the right thing faster.

If you don't know, take 7 days off and don't do any work. Not even email. Take a trip if you can. Perhaps you're just overworked.

Well, some successful people are workaholics, so the last thing to them would be quitting regardless if their work has become stall to them. Although you are right that most successful people who don't do enough personal development, including contemplation, they could quit early.

1 minute ago, Danioover9000 said:

@flowboy

Well, some successful people are workaholics, so the last thing to them would be quitting regardless if their work has become stall to them. Although you are right that most successful people who don't do enough personal development, including contemplation, they could quit early.

Yes they may be workaholics, but they probably tried out tons of other things that they are currently not doing, to get to the thing that was actually worthwhile putting in all that work to them.

See also:

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

Did you get shut down because you were selling copyrighted designs?

Take that as a lesson learned to not sell designs you do not have the right to.

Rather than quitting, spend more time with self-actualization work to learn more about yourself. Create a business that provides value to a small and specific group of people. What problems have you solved in your life? Can you provide a solution to specific problems people are dealing with?

Depends how bad you want it. If you really want to run your own business, never quit.