Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
levani

heeelp - nothing seems meaningful enough

19 posts in this topic

Everything sort of seems selfish and meaningless, I think in fact the only desire that I can have is to either wake up fully a.k.a. enlightenment or the desire to help others wake up fully aka enlightenment

My life is rich in experience but i don't find anything meaningful enough to give my life to (to master)

i did the course twice

bump

Edited by levani

I understand that my life is precious and because of nihilism it doesn't matter what I do or what I don't do therefore I can do anything I want to do. I can make my life about anything because in the end nothing really matters

But I can I don't know what I want to give my life to. I can travel and get more experience of course but since one of the greatest joys in life is helping others I do sort of want to experience that and give my life to something, to master something but again nothing seems meaningful enough for me to take and to master

what I will do today or tomorrow is shamanic breathing because vlad recommended it (from the forum)

I don't know why you posted three on your own when no one is answering. 

Anyways. 

If you would like to listen to my word, take it with a grain of salt. I am by no means perfect or enlightened as Buddha

Okay here it is.

Realize that this period of struggle, too, is your road to enlightenment. Even if you were to live completely selfishly and be an attention whore until you die, that is also considered to be the path to enlightenment. Why? Because there is no such thing as a wrong direction in life. People causing wars, murdering, raping and pillaging each other is all part of the one Tao 道。Simply, it is that the Tao is acting on all that like a theatre play, but in reality, in essence it is not evil nor good. People are disillusioned by the need for power that they start wars in selfish ways, but this is just the Great Tao being disillusioned. God is being disillusioned, willingly. 

In fact, that illusion had never existed really. So there was never an illusion in the first place. When people are acting in selfish confused ways, they are simply imagining things. Understand, however, that that imagination does not exist and to God, it is totally irrelevant and needs no care in the world what those imaginations are because it never existed in the first place. 

I would advise you to simply do what your heart feels is right and good. We are all in different situations and different things will be good for different people. That is why following your heart is always the best thing to do. One warning is this, do not follow the crowd, the mob, or society's models of reality. That's all. Second warning is, don't be corrupt. And corruption starts with the mind. Third, don't ignore your talents. God has put talents in you for a reason. Don't ignore it completely. Use it in some sort of way. Fourth, don't use this world like an Indian rail station. Don't put out trash on the floor and go off to your trip away. Make the station a little more flagrant, a little more pretty, a little more fun so that the people who will come to this same place will enjoy and realize the people that came before them were beautiful people, that they should do the same thing as them.

Edited by charlie cho

@charlie cho no clue which talents god gave me other than this bbc heuuu

i guess life experience  will show

thanks bro

"I am selfish" or "I don't want to be selfish" is a selfish thought, it's a thought about yourself. There's a very funny irony in this, as well as profound grace, forgiveness and freedom. There's a distinction between thinking of oneself AS something, whether it is selfish or giving, and actually enjoying oneself appreciating life and giving your best. In reality, there is no conflict between the two at all. All teachers, innovators and creators when they are at their best are only fueled by and channeling love and enjoyment. Because love and inspiration are for no one the results of tapping into it tend to spill over as a blessing to others. This is just a byproduct. Love and inspiration is meaningless meaning, purposeless purpose fulfilled in itself. You'll never make a meaning that trumps the "meaning" of being the very maker of meaning. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

23 hours ago, levani said:

@charlie cho no clue which talents god gave me other than this bbc heuuu

i guess life experience  will show

I’m 23 and I was just sort of in your situation. So I got a construction job to save up some money and I’m planning on driving around the U.S. to scope out different lifestyles and things that people are doing with their lives for inspiration and so I can better decide. I’m going to do a series of roughly 1 month small bets on anything that I might conceivably want to do until I find my purpose direction.

I’m currently experiencing a bout of meaninglessness but at least I’m taking action.

I’m posting my journey on YT lol, if it interests u, link is in my signature below.

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

It's actually interesting, but there is a more core problem here that you are missing, and it is that you are misunderstand what meaning actually is.

Ask yourself truly, what is Meaning? What is it's nature, what is it's substance, when is it experienced?

See, you are creating a narrative of meaninglessness. This Narrative is in opposition to the narrative of "Life is Meaningful". Both of these perspectives are delusional, they confuse one aspect of reality for another. Meaning is a dimension of existence, and it does exist. Life, or existence, is full of Meaning. But nothing about life is Meaningful. Nothing other than Meaning if Meaningful.

This is fundamentally your misunderstanding and why you are suffering. See, the more clearly you look at reality, the clearer it will be for you to distinguish between different aspects and dimensions of existence. A clear mind can clearly differentiate between it's thoughts and other experiences. An unclear, muddy mind mixes up it's thoughts and experiences and cannot distinguish them, confusing them to be one object.

Through clear mindedness, you have recognize that Meaning and any other Experience are seperate. Redness is seperate from Blueness, Blueness is seperate from high pitched noise, high pitched noise is seperate from warmth, warmth is seperate from anger. Previously, the way your mind worked is the following:

It experienced redness, and it experienced happiness, and then the mind said "Redness is Happiness!". But Redness is not Happiness, Happiness merely accompanied Redness, and then the mind created an Object out of the two. It took two experiences and said "This is one experience!".

See, when you see a beautiful landscape, the landscape is not beautiful. The landscape is the landscape, and the beauty is beauty. They are clearly seperate, but the mind has connected them. This is what the mind is, that is it's purpose.

So now you have learned to look clearly at everything in Experience, in Existence. You look at redness, and suddenly you can't find any beauty anymore. You look everywhere, but nowhere you can find beauty. This is because beauty is not found in any other experience but Beauty itself.

So you are basically looking at the wrong places. Nothing in Life, nothing in all of Existence, is Meaningful, Beautiful or Good. Nothing but precisely one thing is Meaningful. Only Meaning itself is Meaningful. Only Beauty is beautiful, and only Goodness is good. The only thing that could possibly be Beautiful is Consciousness, or Nothingness, or the Substanceless Substance. Because only the Substanceless Substance, or Nothingness, can take the Form of any possible form of existence. Nothingness can be Everything and Anything, this is why only Nothingness is Beauty. Beauty is Nothingness, and so is Meaning.

So, the question here should not be "How do I find meaning in life?", but rather, the correct question to pose is "What creates Meaning within Life?". Life will never be meaningful, because Life is not meaningful. However, Life can be Meaning-Full, full of meaning. Life can be a container of Meaning, but life never will be Meaning itself.

So now that this is established, let us question, when is meaning created within the mind? Well, as you probably know, the human mind can create an extraordinary amount of Meaning by simply listening to Music. Why is this? Ask yourself, what is so special about Music? What music basically is, is individual parts creating a Whole, a rythym which can only exist if you can see the Whole the parts create. The Whole doesn't truly exist, notice this. You never can hear all of the music, you only hear music one note at the time. Yet, your mind creates the impression of continuity, of rythm, of harmony.

You are seeking a Narrative of Meaning, but you are not truly seeking Meaning itself. Meaning is like a substance that can be created, and if you want meaning in your life, discover what creates this substance. I can look at an image, and when I look at it, I can feel meaning. Not because the Meaning exists in the image, but because my mind creates Meaning as a result of becoming aware of the Whole, or how the individual parts interconnect to create a Whole.

When you can recognize the Whole, you can recognize within it Purpose. And what Purpose is, that is mysterious. It is something akin to intelligence, to wisdom, but it is far more metaphysical. Like I said, it is mysterious, but it is clearly present. It is basically a Self-Recognition, or a recognition of your own Creativity. This kind of Purpose, or recognition of Purpose, of how the Part fits into a Whole, a Whole that has Intelligence, that is like a vein of Ore, an Ore that you call Meaning.

So, you don't need to find Meaning, you need to recognize yourself as a Part within the Whole, which will make you understand Purpose, and Purpose is the reason why anything exists at all. Mastery will be sought when you recognize this vein of Ore, and you decide that this is where you will set up camp, and where you will create a mine, a mine which will allow you to get to more and more of this Ore. And in this way, you will have played your part in the orchestra of the Whole.

It is not a Narrative, it is a Substance. A substance which fuels every cell in your body, every bit of gravity, every bit of mass in all of the Universe.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

@Scholar gonna have to read that a few more times, huge thanks for writing that

On 12.7.2021 at 7:55 PM, levani said:

@Scholar gonna have to read that a few more times, huge thanks for writing that

Contemplate the nature of Harmony, because it is connected to Purpose and therefore to Meaning. Contemplate how it is that all things in the universe strive to achieve harmony, even those things that cause disharmony, do only do so because of the fact that they seek Self-harmony. Even the mind that destroys itself and others, that which seeks to destroy itself is itself just seeking it's own harmony.

Reality creates higher and higher dimensions of harmony, and all Purpose and Meaning is connected to that Harmony.

Glory to Israel

Haha you are basically asking what is the meaning of life or whether there is a meaning to life. Plus how to reach enlightenment. All extremely tough questions with no direct answer.

The last part on your life purpose: only you can find it for yourself but some people may be able to guide you. Hmmm...

On 7/12/2021 at 10:36 AM, Nahm said:

@levani

Zen slap? 

Respectfully, when ready to be done with the ‘enlightening others’ nonsensical belief loop, slap yo self (to see that you can not of course). 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You have to let go of the stories and the need for meaning. In David Hawkins' book Power Vs Force, reasoning is below love and joy. 

You have to let go of meaning to gain a higher consciousness. (I am not enlightened and I don't seek enlightenment so take it with a pinch of salt what I am sharing)

Edited by hyruga

@Nahm when did i ever or why do you think i am trying to enlighten anyone ? haha i'm a normie bro you know me 

17 hours ago, hyruga said:

You have to let go of the stories and the need for meaning. In David Hawkins' book Power Vs Force, reasoning is below love and joy. 

You have to let go of meaning to gain a higher consciousness. (I am not enlightened and I don't seek enlightenment so take it with a pinch of salt what I am sharing)

monsterously good stuff, very true i feel. letting go of meaning completely IS what will get me what i want aka higher consciousness aka cosmic bbc

18 hours ago, levani said:

monsterously good stuff, very true i feel. letting go of meaning completely IS what will get me what i want aka higher consciousness aka cosmic bbc

You can check out this channel. This guy called Aaron helps people expand their consciousness. Some of the videos include letting go of stories.