johnlocke18

Leo not being careful with teachings?

110 posts in this topic

@Thought Art I’m glad you’re aware of the confusion it can cause. That’s another thing he does wrong, he has a lot of his followers hating on experts. If people are being made to question themselves to debilitating confusion, by a guy that doesn’t know them, it’s gaslighting plain and simple. 

4 minutes ago, johnlocke18 said:

@Thought Art Yeah. He literally just needs to adjust his teachings instead of getting into arguments and talking down on anyone that disagrees. It’s so infuriating he’s causing such things just because he can’t adjust his wording a little. I think from where he used to follow pickup he’s got it drilled into his head not to take criticism because of the whole authority thing. It’s a bit of naive ness on his part not realizing he was following a bunch of slobs that think they’re a big deal for being able to go from socially awkward to acting normal. 

It's such a massive undertaking he has done. I really do think he is trying his best. I don't know what to think about Actualized.org except, there is ALOT of good stuff here. That it is radical, and dangerous. Rarely will anything that influences millions of people in such a radical way as Leo is trying to do going to not hurt people. 

I mean, fuck. I wouldn't be able to do what he is doing knowing I will kill people and ruin lives. But, then again God created a world in which these things happen... I am sure he feels that the Good will outweigh the bad in the long run...

All I hope is that whatever problems there are begin to get corrected. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art That’s the thing, he knows it’s caused problems now. He needs to change and stop thinking too highly of himself to take criticism from anyone. It makes me wonder if he has limited life experience aside from what he’s told us. 

13 minutes ago, johnlocke18 said:

@Thought Art That’s the thing, he knows it’s caused problems now. He needs to change and stop thinking too highly of himself to take criticism from anyone. It makes me wonder if he has limited life experience aside from what he’s told us. 

Just continue to share you views, and simply observe.

More people will be sharing their stories as time unfolds. 

Like his God realization video, and he Exercise for realizing you are God video... Either it's really just ME. JUST THIS BUBBLE EXPERIENCE PRETENDING YOU BE ON A FORUM.

Or, he is dangerously talking people into solipsism where it is like, just you and Leo because you 'Created Leo'... No.

Sure, as God the universal me created and allowed all things. But, not you or me. We are part of this impersonal process. 

But, if it was just YOU, or just ME... Why would I create this forum? Where there is seemingly other people interacting. 

I mean, think supply chains, populations, politics, survival etc... All of this is because there are many beings here on this planet.

I think there are many times when he has not made it clear this difference between maybe what is ABSOLUTE, and what is Relatively TRUE. But, for the sake of your life what is relatively true it far more important to your well being.

People have no fucking idea what is true already... People are so uneducated, self deceived, ego centric, immature. Look at both myself in some context and people like Connor Murphy. I am sure for every 1 famous Connor Murphy there have been 1000's of other fools no one knows about because they have no platforms for us to know. Hey, maybe going insane is part of your process. But, if it can be avoided we all as a community need to ask more powerful questions and take more collective responsibility (as Leo loves to pout... but his embodiment is not complete in any regard). 

I personally think the world needs an Actualized.org. So, I am here to support Leo as well as anyone.

We need to seriously look out for each other. 

I am here for you guys as long as I am welcome in this space. We are all fail-able. 

This is serious shit.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Sure, as God the universal me created and allowed all things. But, not you or me. We are part of this impersonal process. 

No, that's the story right now you are maintaining, because you know deep down non duality is literal. It's You, only You. 

You are literally God. You are right now imaging there is a Leo out there, and a forum...etc. 

This is happening in your own infinite mind and you are trying to talk yourself out of truth, to keep playing the game. Totally understandable, of course. But know the truth. Be sure that you slowly start to accept it more and more.

The soon you accept you are alone hallucinating that things or humans exist outside your mind, the better. 

6 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

No, that's the story right now you are maintaining, because you know deep down non duality is literal. It's You, only You. 

You are literally God. You are right now imaging there is a Leo out there, and a forum...etc. 

This is happening in your own infinite mind and you are trying to talk yourself out of truth, to keep playing the game. Totally understandable, of course. But know the truth. Be sure that you slowly start to accept it more and more.

The soon you accept you are alone hallucinating that things or humans exist outside your mind, the better. 

I am okay with that as a truth. I just don't understand it. and if I am playing, there is no risk here because I am eternal and infinite and I am just entertaining myself for eternity. 

But, I do not KNOW THAT FOR SURE. 

For me, actually it seems so far given, all my life experience to live as if other exist. Because even from a materialist perspective I am imagining others... ??

I know I am, as I sit here imagining Leo, you and others outside of my direct experience. I know I am imaging the things I am experience too even from a neuroscience perspective.

It's like, this totally unverifiable thing as far as I can tell. 

But, this is why I am here to awaken, learn and find out.  

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

48 minutes ago, johnlocke18 said:

@Andyforreal And you say whining on here won’t help anyone. Yeah if people on his forum consider and actually commit suicide it can help them think twice about him being an unquestionable authority. Which is what you believe saying you have no right to speak out against him or “command” him. Yet he can say whatever he wants and you take it in without question. You say he’s not your guru but you’re literally on his forum following him. So, yes, he is in a way. 

?

2 minutes ago, Andyforreal said:

?

You can save a life by speaking up for sure.

◭"89"

5 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I am okay with that as a truth. I just don't understand it. and if I am playing, there is no risk here because I am eternal and infinite and I am just entertaining myself for eternity. 

For me, actually it seems so far given, all my life experience to live as if other exist. Because even from a materialist perspective I am imagining others... ??

You'll be allright brother ?

◭"89"

i mean if you haven't taken 5meo yourself, how can you know that it won't reveal the Truth?

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I know I am, as I sit here imagining Leo, you and others outside of my direct experience. I know I am imaging the things I am experience too even from a neuroscience perspective.

It's like, this totally unverifiable thing as far as I can tell. 

But, this is why I am here to awaken, learn and find out.  

Consider, just for a moment, that all of this is just word games with yourself. Consider the possibility that you are real... others are real... the world is real. The purpose of calling things illusory and imagination-originated is to point away from materialism and toward the reality that consciousness, not matter, is the bedrock of existence. Okay, cool. But to use the ocean metaphor... if the entire ocean is water, then there's really no point in a wave fixating its identity as water. If everything you know is water, then drop the name "water." Drop the name consciousness, or God, or infinity. 

Everything is exactly what it is. Nothing more, nothing less. 

There is a damn good reason you don't see Zen masters stewing over being God out loud. There is a deeper, more silent truth than listening to the ego's thoughts about reality... and that truth is reality. Get past the labels. 

17 hours ago, Thought Art said:

He has many peoples lives in his hands and he can't fuck around. You made your bed, so commit 100% to being of integrity Leo. We love and need you to be the best you can be.

Leo makes a lot more sense when you start thinking that he's actually a manifestation of the actual, literal devil and that he's using evil manipulative tricks to get inside your mind and make you stray from actual truth, by convincing you that his poison is the cure.  You can't convince or expect the devil to atone for his sins, because he's the master of his own reality and nothing you say can have any effect on him.  The devil doesn't feel guilty or sorry about those who were ruined by him, the devil only mocks them further by blaming them for their own suffering.rrgreerg.jpg

Edited by kinesin

@Byun Sean When did I say I haven’t? In my opinion we can’t know it’s the truth and it’s just your guys and Leo’s belief that it is. You guys need to learn to stay on subject and making assumptions is one of the many things that makes this look like a cult.  It is corrupt though because of the things I mentioned this whole thread that have factually happened. 

@OneHandClap How do you know it’s not just a belief they’re spouting that silence is some deep truth? You can’t really know that without considering it could also be imagination. But to stay on topic this is about the problems Leo has factually caused people. All of the cult behavior that unsettles people is when Leo and his followers waffle around the problems he causes when people address it, and then turn it back on the person saying it’s their own issues the same way an abuser does. 

Just now, johnlocke18 said:

@OneHandClap How do you know it’s not just a belief they’re spouting that silence is some deep truth? You can’t really know that without considering it could also be imagination. But to stay on topic this is about the problems Leo has factually caused people. All of the cult behavior that unsettles people is when Leo and his followers waffle around the problems he causes when people address it, and then turn it back on the person saying it’s their own issues the same way an abuser does. 

Because silence is the noise of nothing. Any noise you hear must arise from silence. But more to your question, I am 100% sure that Zen masters are more at peace than people who run around yelling about God and how they're imagining everything. Taking DMT does not make one an enlightened being. It is a slow, gradual process that requires maturation. The proof is in the pudding. 

I am not denying that I see cult-like parroting from many people here. It unsettles me more than what Leo does, however. Leo can be cold, and very blunt, but I think he is at least speaking from a position of genuine understanding, not just beliefs. Do I think some teachings have been given recklessly, in a way that would shake up people's lives for the worse? Yes. There is a reason I would entrust enlightenment work to a proper sangha/Buddhist meditation center rather than a Youtube channel. These traditions have evolved over thousands of years to teach in a rigorous and gradual manner. 

Still, again, Leo cannot control who watches his videos. It is not his fault if people with prior mental illness decide to fuck around with psychedelics. 

3 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

Because silence is the noise of nothing. Any noise you hear must arise from silence. But more to your question, I am 100% sure that Zen masters are more at peace than people who run around yelling about God and how they're imagining everything. Taking DMT does not make one an enlightened being. It is a slow, gradual process that requires maturation. The proof is in the pudding. 

I am not denying that I see cult-like parroting from many people here. It unsettles me more than what Leo does, however. Leo can be cold, and very blunt, but I think he is at least speaking from a position of genuine understanding, not just beliefs. Do I think some teachings have been given recklessly, in a way that would shake up people's lives for the worse? Yes. There is a reason I would entrust enlightenment work to a proper sangha/Buddhist meditation center rather than a Youtube channel. These traditions have evolved over thousands of years to teach in a rigorous and gradual manner. 

Still, again, Leo cannot control who watches his videos. It is not his fault if people with prior mental illness decide to fuck around with psychedelics. 

Uh yeah it is his fault if he advocates it multiple times with very few warnings and smarts off when multiple people tell him to be more careful. He literally said you have to physically die to awaken fully and even Said it again after influencing a suicide. This is why people stay in abusive relationships, because they are constantly told it’s their fault that their partner is getting angry or whatever. Leo’s careless wording to an audience with a heavy amount of vulnerable people, which he constantly gets evidence of, is no different. You are responsible when you know you have influence. 

Just now, johnlocke18 said:

Uh yeah it is his fault if he advocates it multiple times with very few warnings and smarts off when multiple people tell him to be more careful. He literally said you have to physically die to awaken fully and even Said it again after influencing a suicide. This is why people stay in abusive relationships, because they are constantly told it’s their fault that their partner is getting angry or whatever. Leo’s careless wording to an audience with a heavy amount of vulnerable people, which he constantly gets evidence of, is no different. You are responsible when you know you have influence. 

Well, as someone who doesn't use psychedelics anymore, I can agree that I think it's premature to be telling people to pop some LSD to see God. You have a point that the reckless promotion of drugs is a bit antithetical to the main goal of peace. The question is, will he stop promoting these methods? I don't see it happening anytime soon. As such, if you do feel it's a major issue, this forum is probably not a great spot. Leo has his style and I doubt he will compromise. Your thread is well intentioned, but again, will he change? I do not believe so. 

@johnlocke18 You agree that you see teachings giving recklessly which this whole thread is about. He never adjusts Or takes criticism, them even after a suicide, like making a dude feel like he has to choose 5meo over his family. It’s a problem and saying “that’s just the way it is” And letting the same things continue is why so many horrible things happen in the world. Even another person posted not too long ago about considering suicide, and instead of suggesting a psychiatrist, Leo just gave his unprofessional opinion knowing he influenced a suicide just recently.