johnlocke18

Leo not being careful with teachings?

110 posts in this topic

@Contrast It’s not letting me you can literally just scroll down Leo’s comments or on the spiritual forum. 

@Loba He literally quoted Leo before he did it. I’m sure his family would like you smarting off about it have you ever had someone close to you be mentally ill or commit suicide? I’m being a “white knight” so stuff like this doesn’t happen again. Lol I hate when incels throw around that term my post has nothing to do with you dehumanizing women from your lack of sex. 

Edited by johnlocke18

Before people start condescending again for me ranting I had a friend go through something similar to Conor Murphy where he quit his job and went homeless to “raise his consciousness”. Then, he started calling himself a zen devil for what he was going through. So, this stuff hits close to home is why I’m ranting. 

Ok, so you are blaming Leo for people being dumb? Spiritually is a serious work and a lot of people are projecting their idea what it should be on to it, that's why we have so much law of attraction fanatics and such, indigo this blabla that, people willing to become homeless etc...

If you keep going blaming Leo for speaking directly his opinion without caution on mental ill people, then he will more and more hide his real opinion until he becomes Mooji or Tolle who just gives soft answers to everything.

DO YOU WANT THAT?

Please to all blamers, go to Mooji Satsang or Tolle circle and leave this forum

Edited by OBEler

On 7/10/2021 at 4:04 AM, johnlocke18 said:

For one, Leo says what he experiences on 5meo is the truth, when it could just be a subjective experience. The main problem is you push these teachings on people carelessly and don’t take any criticism. I just read where you told a dude he has to choose either his wife or 5meo, now you’re just getting ridiculous. You could’ve just told him to sneak and do it occasionally. You could easily ruined people’s lives considering how much they trust you and you’re going to have to change. What happened to soonhei should’ve been enough but you still don’t take any feed. You’re going to have to change and be more careful.

Guy, you are mentally lazy and not serious with this work. I can tell that you are sloppy in your thinking and you are into the blame game. Focus on creating a great life for yourself instead of being this guy who wants to prove how "independent" of a thinker he is and how he is not a sheep by playing blame games.

Honestly, this expectation that average people are supposed to understand Leo's teachings without the ability to ask questions, make mistakes or have people guide him is dangerous. He teaches us to spend a lot of time alone doing the work but when we make mistakes or misunderstand him it's all on us. Which is true. We need to take full responsibility for our minds.

Leo will not help you if you are making mistakes. He will protect himself first.

I had my first mistakes 2 days ago, which was rare and I've taken very seriously. But, he only threatened to ban me. Which is fine if he feels it is necessary.

I've committed thousands of hours listening to his videos, meditation, reading the books list and honestly I have misunderstood things at times... But, if these are the most  advanced teachings in the world... So.. Banning me when I have put so much work in and can use these mistakes to guide and protect others who may make the same mistakes is important.

So, be very careful everyone. There is no one going to protect or help you on this journey other than yourself. Will be speaking to other experts who will help me improve and taking time to read more and set up more protocols over the next year. 

Hate to tell this to everyone... No one anyone says is enough to prove your own sanity and ability to make decisions. The brain is totally possible to screw up and mistakes can't be undone. Make sure you are reading, studying, and doing medicines under supervision of experts.

Psychedelics really should be done under professional supervision. Telling people to trip solo is bad advice.

Also, be careful of people trip shaming you. What you do during a trip is your responsibility but, there is not need to shame someone I think. Education, Education, Education.

Reality is outrageously complex. These teachings are for free on youtube. Don't let any of that fool you. These teachings have changed my life and I will continue to develop myself into my greatest version.

But, we need to be able to make mistakes.

5meodmt is not the truth. You can have delusions, misunderstand the insights and even harm others. 

The truth is something to gain by years of work, study and deep work.

It's a combination of the tools and the truth exists outside of your work, and through your work and the truth would exist without you doing any work. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

16 hours ago, johnlocke18 said:

@Adrian325 That’s sad. Me and my friends went through hell to fix our mistakes and that’s insulting you’re proud just for making them. Lmao talking about who’s egos dumber and bragging about screwing your life up. Since you’re trying to alpha up here I do roofing during the day and train mma at night and I’ve handled a lot of people’s ass that have been to prison it don’t mean jack. I work one of the hardest jobs and train one of the hardest sports and you think you’re better for messing up your life. Think about that. 

You misunderstood me. Not trying to alpha up. Im speaking as a matter of facts. Explaining who I am or what I'm capable of is beneath me. Your ego is that of a scared child and Im aware that the consciousness that brought me to where I am is also working with you. You'll get there eventually,we all will, but if you think your badass you will get the treatment that's perfect for you. Stepping to an individual and thinking your gonna get a victory because you train doesn't mean shit. You step into the unknown and anything could happen, I'm speaking from experience. Your more fragile than you realize. It's real easy to be taken out the game,and anyone is touchable. If the right group or person wants to drop you,you will be. "Humble yourself,or you will be humbled." Take care kid ??

"He who keeps his mouth keeps his life,he who opens his lips to wide shall bring on his own destruction" there's women out there that will bring you to your knees and have you shitting your pants. Again,take care,be safe and ?

Edited by Adrian325

5 hours ago, Andyforreal said:

Ok, so you are blaming Leo for people being dumb? Spiritually is a serious work and a lot of people are projecting their idea what it should be on to it, that's why we have so much law of attraction fanatics and such, indigo this blabla that, people willing to become homeless etc...

Not blaming him. But, there are huge massive dangers that his teachings provide. Reality as a whole is dangerous. He should be creating courses that guide people through and have proper checks in place. Anyone can start watching his more advanced materials as he does not create any pre-requisites. 

It's not just Leo's teachings but spirituality and all the foolish ideas that go along with it. It should not lead to you harming yourself or others, thinking there is some kind of divine plan for you or you becoming broke and homeless. You have been God, within God this entire time. That doesn't and will not change.

There are so many perspectives and possibilities and Leo's teachings that you are alone, immortal, that you created him etc are all dangerous teachings that can be easily misunderstood and misapplied. The problem is you may get so lost in your own mind and concepts and contextualizations of these things you might ruin your life and it could take years if not decades to create what you can given how badly you ruined your life. 

These teaching are not fool proof. Life is not fool proof. 

Leo has no fucking idea who you are, what you are doing or what your situation is.

You have a life to live so be balanced and wise.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

1 hour ago, SgtPepper said:

I don't think you're giving people enough credit to think for themselves.

At this point, you're acting like @Leo Gura is a loaded gun. 

When someone is doing work and basically becoming a central pillar of your metaphysics, epistomology etc... It is dangerous. I don't know about smoking gun.

A very long lecture in which you can't ask your own questions and verify your own understanding as well as all the other perspectives and programming we have picked up from our culture make this really risky.

I notice my own ego doing a lot of BS to distort his teachings to serve it's own agenda. This is one of the primary risks I think. Also, regarding psychedelics. This field is rather new and uncharted and many of the people writing books and teachings others to use them are just children in the eyes of any field. We really don't understand these substances. If you haven't used them experientially and been guided by someone who has made mistakes and learned for themselves then you will also likely make mistakes that you could not foresees. This is the risk of stepping out into the night and questioning the foundations of your reality.

There should be warnings everywhere.

His advanced teachings are basically useless to a newbie and it's really hard for a newbie to know what he doesn't know. 

But, you need to go very slowly, and be very mature to be here and do all this work. It's hard to gauge yourself until you learn the hard way sometimes. I feel worried about others. I have made many mistakes, but also learned a lot. Thinking that people are being encouraged to spend time alone contemplating, meditating and tripping I fear people will become delusional and harm themselves or others. 

I want Leo to ensure he doesn't just shrug people off and that he listens to people. These principles of spending time alone etc are so powerful and I have improved my life dramatically because of this. That doesn't mean mistakes haven't been made and my own ignorance hasn't been a problem.

I know this world we live in is dangerous and he has to protect himself and those who are doing the hard work. I know that being a leader is difficult and life is a game of life and death. That if he wants to help the planet mature in the way he is doing many of us will make mistakes. 

Many of us when we begin are unfamiliar with the self help field, esoterics, psychedelics,  what is means to be 'God' or 'All alone as God imagining other people". This means that without a proper listing or requisites to certain videos people are open to becoming highly deluded and full of concepts. 

No amount of warnings can stop a fragmented ego from fucking up and misunderstanding reality. The ego wants to cling to self serving beliefs. 

That being said, what drew me to his work in the first place was his teachings on self deception and the hero's journey. Even if Leo does Ban me I know I will continue to mature and take greater and greater responsibility for my life and develop a high level of life mastery even if it takes me 10 or 20 years. 

But, some of us doing the hard work will still make mistakes. I am journaling, reading, listening to the videos, meditation, Qigong/ Yoga, contemplation and shadow work. I am self reflecting and learning to love myself and others. I will make mistakes though. I went back to school. I am taking two programs right now working my ass off. But, Leo still can't see that. Idk. He can't see how hard I work nor the mistakes and metaphysical blunders his teaching open up to people. I am just hurt by my own stupidity. Ultimately there will be no accountability for those harmed and many people could become stranded. People don't know what they don't know. Our minds are capable of infinite self deception. They are also very limited in their ability to understand nuance, context and to see things free of ego distortion.

Leo is no immune to any of this. His psychedelic use has likely both improve but also distorted his teachings in some ways. It likely depends on the video and time stamp, and is more an issue of accuracy than him being good or bad. Reality is not so simple.

A lot of time needs to be spend on the most basic of foundations. Like any tool we have to be trained to use it.

I will become wise. I wont give up. I am here to self actualized. 

To embody a wise life I have to go through the trial and tribulations and pay the price to get there.

We all do. 

Ultimately only you can live your own life and take your own responsibility for your actions. 

Chances are though, you will suffer a lot and make a lot of mistakes along the way.

Leo is one of many teachers you can listen to throughout your life. Be patient.

There is no one out there to stop you from becoming a Zen Devil and no way of knowing that people calling you one is true or not. Leo doesn't know us.

Ultimately we are words on a screen, stats and views to him in his understanding of us. It's impossible for him to know millions of people. Which is one of the challenges.

His work is very very important and will change the world for the better. But we as followers need to mature and rise up to meet the task if we are going to take this seriously. 

This needs to be a space to share our lessons and mistakes and to be able to take full responsibility for ourselves. I don't want to fear being banned because I make a mistake on a trip. That is foolish to me. I have put way too much time into this project to feel cast aside and buried. I can see that being dangerous for people. Leo is like a friend and a guide to me. I work to respect his work with all my heart.

But, I have so many ignorances and limitations. I WILL grow. Do not give up on me and I won't give up on you.

We are so much more. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Leo does not b.s 

If you cant take it or don't like it then unsubscribe. if you're worried about mentally ill people committing suicide over Leo's content then you should know that there are a million things out there to tackle that cause people to commit suicide rather than actualized channel. illogical to even compare. Leo's channel IS to help people have a happier, healthier life, but the road is incredibly difficult and sometimes tricky. Ironic that I was going to a therapist for depression and at a time I was suicidal, giving up, feeling like nothing will really ever help me. I stumbled upon a few videos of Leo and his content was the only thing that ever helped get me out of that pit. so one man's poison was another's life saving medicine. and I'm sure it was medicine for many other people. if there's even 1% chance that your criticism and blame may cause Leo to change his teaching methods or hold back on sharing any information, please consider the fact that you may be having a hand in destroying someone's chance at finding peace.

5 minutes ago, Batool said:

Leo does not b.s 

If you cant take it or don't like it then unsubscribe. if you're worried about mentally ill people committing suicide over Leo's content then you should know that there are a million things out there to tackle that cause people to commit suicide rather than actualized channel. illogical to even compare. Leo's channel IS to help people have a happier, healthier life, but the road is incredibly difficult and sometimes tricky. Ironic that I was going to a therapist for depression and at a time I was suicidal, giving up, feeling like nothing will really ever help me. I stumbled upon a few videos of Leo and his content was the only thing that ever helped get me out of that pit. so one man's poison was another's life saving medicine. and I'm sure it was medicine for many other people. if there's even 1% chance that your criticism and blame may cause Leo to change his teaching methods or hold back on sharing any information, please consider the fact that you may be having a hand in destroying someone's chance at finding peace.

Leo's teachings are incredibly important.

He is the strongest person I have ever met. 

But, we as his followers need to mature and take full responsibility and acknowledge what limitations and traps come with this teaching.

Leo is doing God's work, that much is obvious to me.

I did not say Leo Bullshits, I was saying I notice my own ego mind bullshitting.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art I agree with everything you said. and I am in the same place. 

I do think Leo puts sufficient warnings and directions though. Another thing that may not cross the minds of people on the forum is that Leo has and still does go through challenging experiences even with psychedelics, I have no doubt about it. He wasn't just born matured. In the end, I don't really know Leo's life, but I know mine and others, and the themes are is that Life is hard and challenging no matter what. 

Suffering is necessary to transcend to higher levels of consciousness. 

Edited by SgtPepper

13 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

@Thought Art I agree with everything you said. and I am in the same place. 

I do think Leo puts sufficient warnings and directions though. Another thing that may not cross the minds of people on the forum is that Leo has and still does go through challenging experiences even with psychedelics, I have no doubt about it. He wasn't just born matured. In the end, I don't really know Leo's life, but I know mine and others.

Life is hard and suffering is necessary to transcend to higher levels of consciousness. 

Yes. And his work is bigger than any one of us because he serves 100,000+ people. We need to recognize and respect this.

I think after Connor Murphy, and the recent suicide I am sure he feels a lot of fear around people misusing his teachings. This WILL continue to happen and is likely unavoidable.

I know from doing my accounting program for example how many mistakes I make doing math etc... This is also happening all the time you are listening and creating a map of reality.

So, it is a really tough situation where we need to take care of each other. I love all you guys. Let's keep each other safe.

Ultimately though we need to just keep our bodies, minds, relationships, social status and finances secure and use common sense.

You were God living in your own reality before awakening and you will after awakening. 

No amount of awakening or God realization is going to change the rules of reality.

Videos like "God Realization" Speaking about ultimate power for example is very dangerous and likely to be easily misinterpreted by egos.

Leo has said for everyone one of us that awakens and self actualizes 1000 will become zen devils and fuck up theirs and other peoples lives. 

BE CAREFUL. We need you sober, clear, grounded and healthy with a high level of honesty, integrity and ability to self reflect and own up to your own mistakes and misunderstandings.

If you are tripping be grounded and don't go over board. Doing a lot of psyches will not turn you into some kind of super human guru and will likely do the opposite.

Go slow, use them responsibility and you will discover some amazing stuff and grow enormously if you do it carefully. But, even if you think you are being careful there are risks. That doesn't mean you are a fucking idiot or a bad person. You simply need to take more responsbility and learn.

The problem with psyches with that before you do them you go into it with all kinds of concepts, ego constructs etc.. and while you are tripping and in an altered state theres no knowing what you will say or think or conclude.

This is why reading, journaling, meditation, and using low doses rarely is important.

It will hurt, but don't give up.

So, be really careful and don't expect the 'external' world to change because of your spirituality. 

Expect to change to meet reality and to serve what is already, and has already been here from a higher state of embodied understanding and wisdom. Sure, there are lots of things about reality that you have to discover and it can be recontextualized a lot but... Be safe out there and be grounded.

When seeing the foolishness of others around you, in the world etc. It's easy to see there is no 'common sense'... and as you open your mind up and question the foundations of reality be sure to keep your rope tied to a tree. 

If you lose your mind, hurt others and destroy your life that would be a shame and a very rude awakening I would prefer we all avoid here.

And I need you folks here to help me when I inevitably fall and make mistakes as well. I got you, and I know you got me.

All said with healthy boundaries.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

13 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Leo is doing God's work

We're all doing God's work, regardless of how aware of it we are or not. The only free will is the free will of God. If someone dies outside of what you consider a good death does not make it wrong or bad, it only makes it so for your temporary ego,wich is also part of the infinite movie and was meant to be to create this drama. I love it haha it's all so perfectly imperfect.

Focus on your own path. Seek the Truth and transcending your ego by expanding your Consciousness. Don't depend on someone to hold your hand. You have to be the one to free yourself. Like Neo in the Matrix,you have to take the red pill, Leo or anyone else can't take it for you. You have to free your own mind by getting rid of your own brain washing that only you know you have. Everyone's journey is different but the we're all getting to the same place at the end. Put in the work,don't just learn cool concepts and practices and then do nothing with it. Do it

@Adrian325 I didn’t misunderstand anything. You literally bragged about going to prison which shows you’re behind me in maturity considering I’m proud of fixing things. All I did was criticize Leo, and you started all of the egoic bragging. You’re just projecting the whole scared child thing. 

@Thought Art @Andyforreal @OBEler @Dayo @Thought Art You guys are just justifying Leo making mistakes that aren’t okay to make, multiple times. Influencing ruined lives and a suicide. It’s like back when there were slaves the justification was just “that’s just how it is” which is what you guys are doing. You can’t change your views on Leo after he’s become corrupt, because you think highly of him, and then you project that closed mindedness on anyone that questions him. Then, you just try to make it out that they’re deluded and make assumptions. 

@Batool I didn’t even mention anything about me. Im talking about him not being careful and factually ruining mentally ill people.. It’s not about me not handling it, it’s that he’s factually ruining people just with his wording, and he won’t change knowing that. And you’re projecting your close mindedness on me, when you’re deluded enough to believe Leo never makes mistakes. The fact that you said he doesn’t bs when I’m criticizing problems he’s actually caused shows this.