johnlocke18

Leo not being careful with teachings?

110 posts in this topic

For one, Leo says what he experiences on 5meo is the truth, when it could just be a subjective experience. The main problem is you push these teachings on people carelessly and don’t take any criticism. I just read where you told a dude he has to choose either his wife or 5meo, now you’re just getting ridiculous. You could’ve just told him to sneak and do it occasionally. You could easily ruined people’s lives considering how much they trust you and you’re going to have to change. What happened to soonhei should’ve been enough but you still don’t take any feed. You’re going to have to change and be more careful. 

The 5-MeO experience is the truth if the person enters the void. What is added onto that, I believe. I think it can be proven. But that state of absolute beingness it's no belief. It's the reason if someone says "do you exist" you don't even need a nanosecond to know "yes" but why? There's a backdrop working back there silently...

I think it can be shown via other means that there is no real external world etc (it's real so far as a dreamscape is).

40 minutes ago, johnlocke18 said:

I just read where you told a dude he has to choose either his wife or 5meo,

I said no such thing.

You are sloppy with how you interpret my words.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, johnlocke18 said:

For one, Leo says what he experiences on 5meo is the truth, when it could just be a subjective experience. The main problem is you push these teachings on people carelessly and don’t take any criticism. I just read where you told a dude he has to choose either his wife or 5meo, now you’re just getting ridiculous. You could’ve just told him to sneak and do it occasionally. You could easily ruined people’s lives considering how much they trust you and you’re going to have to change. What happened to soonhei should’ve been enough but you still don’t take any feed. You’re going to have to change and be more careful. 

I sense much fear in you, young Padawan.

@Leo Gura Oh that’s right you worded it different. Man you can dish out criticism but you sure can’t take it lmao. Have fun in your echo chamber and try hanging out with people that hold you accountable, not some nerds that suck up to you all the time. You do realize you influenced someone to kill themself right? Idk if you care or not but it’s better to actually be someone than pretend to be for others.  

@Adrian325 Lmao stfu. trust me sitting around meditating all day will make you fold under any kind of pressure in the real world so I’m actually the one sensing fear buddy. Leo’s your crutch to make you feel special I’ve been there. Then you think people that are doing things with themselves are just egoic while you become a shut in.  

12 minutes ago, johnlocke18 said:

@Adrian325 Lmao stfu. trust me sitting around meditating all day will make you fold under any kind of pressure in the real world so I’m actually the one sensing fear buddy. Leo’s your crutch to make you feel special I’ve been there. Then you think people that are doing things with themselves are just egoic while you become a shut in.  

I was with you up until you made this comment.  I've been meditating for around 15 years now though I'm not a fan of Leo's teachings - there's more than enough room in the world for a whole variety of different perspectives and opinions.

That said, you went beyond your initial criticisms with this comment, and I also sense a bit of fear in you.  I sense dissatisfaction and unhappiness, and those emotions are causing you to lash out in ways that are ultimately unproductive.

@kinesin So basically you changed sides because it offended you I said meditation isn’t that hard and called out the dudes passive aggressive gas lighting. Do you know how ridiculous that is? 

Edited by johnlocke18

18 hours ago, johnlocke18 said:

@johnlocke18 I would choose the dude over the 5 meo or the wife.haha??

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

5 hours ago, johnlocke18 said:

That's some tuff talk. How bout you show me your police record and I'll show you mine lol let's see who's ego is dumber. If you were with me in prison,ide spank you out of Love ?

I would say he's become noticeably more thoughtful with his teachings very recently. 

7 hours ago, johnlocke18 said:

Lmao stfu. trust me sitting around meditating all day will make you fold under any kind of pressure in the real world so I’m actually the one sensing fear buddy. Leo’s your crutch to make you feel special I’ve been there. Then you think people that are doing things with themselves are just egoic while you become a shut in.  

Immaturity is not welcome here.

21 hours ago, johnlocke18 said:

What happened to soonhei should’ve been enough

What happened? Did he/she killed her/him self?

45 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

What happened? Did he/she killed her/him self?

Yes, he jumped off a bridge. There were several threads when it happened. You can search them for more info.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

You can't know for sure why he did what he did, it is disrespectful to assume you know why he killed himself and then tout that around here like his ghost's personal white knight.

With all the massive respect I have for Leo, in one of his recent videos (I think the misapplying spiritual teachings or the nihilism) he raised the question of what to do in a suicidal situation, to kill yourself or not. The dude said it doesn't matter. In the absolute obviously, but still, quite a disturbing way to phrase it. Doesn't really help to say that. He is talking facts but I think he needs to remember the kind of people and minds he's talking to. More green from him to embody I believe.

19 hours ago, Loba said:

You can't know for sure why he did what he did, it is disrespectful to assume you know why he killed himself and then tout that around here like his ghost's personal white knight.

SoonHei DMed a moderator outlining what he planned to do and also spent hours speaking to his best friend about mahasamadhi, nonduality and how existence is a dream earlier on the day he killed himself.  Before he jumped, he texted that friend saying "I leave you my dream.
You already know, meet you in the beyond".  It isn't an assumption that SoonHei killed himself as a direct result of these teachings, that's just the fact of what happened.

@Adrian325 That’s sad. Me and my friends went through hell to fix our mistakes and that’s insulting you’re proud just for making them. Lmao talking about who’s egos dumber and bragging about screwing your life up. Since you’re trying to alpha up here I do roofing during the day and train mma at night and I’ve handled a lot of people’s ass that have been to prison it don’t mean jack. I work one of the hardest jobs and train one of the hardest sports and you think you’re better for messing up your life. Think about that. 

Edited by johnlocke18

@Ry4n That’s weird it’s not welcome when the dude that runs the site smarts off like a kid when someone criticizes him for literally anything and then bans them. 

Edited by johnlocke18