diamondpenguin

How to Love Yourself

5 posts in this topic

You know, when you're needy, the best thing to do is give to others what you need most. If you need love, the best thing to do is to love other people. Once you give others love, it comes back around and then you can love yourself wholly. If you need food, give food by opening up a restaurant. What ever you feel like you need, you must give the most, and then you will receive.  If I hate others, that's when I hate myself the most. When I love other people, that's when I'm in love with myself. The reason being, I'm just a person, I'm just a part of the people. Apart of the whole of humanity

Edited by diamondpenguin

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

Hmm to me it feels a bit backwards. By trying to give to others what you can't even give to yourself, you're setting the stage for subconscious manipulation and deception. I agree, loving others is important and deepens your self love, but only if you are connected to the source of it, in your heart, in the first place. 

1 hour ago, diamondpenguin said:

If you need love, the best thing to do is to love other people. Once you give others love, it comes back around and then you can love yourself wholly.

From my own experience, I had to learn to love myself first; deeply accept myself as a whole. Completely let go of depending on people for acceptance and love, and love myself first. Then and only then I was able to truly appreciate others.

What if there were no humans on earth, just you alone? True love is independent of anyone and anything. Look inwards

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

7 hours ago, diamondpenguin said:

When I love other people, that's when I'm in love with myself. 

Why is that?

Love is seamless. Seeing the value of "others" is the same as seeing the value of "you". It is all the same Consciousness.

The deeper your awakening, the more easily love is effortless. You see no difference between others and yourself, and realize the sameness in every being.

What is love, other than the realization that we are all ultimately the same?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Be careful when you give too much of your energy, love and money away and getting nothing in return. You will get burnt out.